Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

But he is our first striker. So of course we prefer Costa. Jay is a strong striker who can be a soild #2 and would be affordable. Besides that there is no one.

I don't understand people who say "if Costa gets injured" who do Bayern have if Lewandowski gets injured? Real Madrid? Very few teams have multiple world class strikers. It's hard to keep them both happy.

If lewa gets injured, muller fills in as the false 9. Someone who has scored 10 WC goals.

If benzema got injured before the last season, they had higuain. Right now they play either of bale/CR as the false 9. All WC options.

he can play there. very versatile, but still think he should ONLY if we can offload lots of deadwood

He is primarily a winger and it's not that we don't have one thousand AMs. We even have Shurrle if you're looking for someone to play further forward in case of emergency. He is also a bit old and relatively expensive. I don't think he would be a good signing.

I do like this player myself, but he is not needed here.

He is primarily a winger and it's not that we don't have one thousand AMs. We even have Shurrle if you're looking for someone to play further forward in case of emergency. He is also a bit old and relatively expensive. I don't think he would be a good signing.

I completely understand your train of thought, as a matter of fact those were my exact thoughts two months ago.

He is essentially a poor man's Ronaldo, as he can do just about everything (bar heading) attacking wise and his pace is very good. But you're right, we do have Schurrle who is already close to Lavezzi's level (except for dribbling).

It would be essentially an emergency signing, in case something goes awfully wrong.

If lewa gets injured, muller fills in as the false 9. Someone who has scored 10 WC goals.

If benzema got injured before the last season, they had higuain. Right now they play either of bale/CR as the false 9. All WC options.

We have Cesc and Schurrle who can play false 9. Don't see the obsession with having two world class strikers in a one striker system.

We have Cesc and Schurrle who can play false 9. Don't see the obsession with having two world class strikers in a one striker system.

We will play false 9, or play 'the real false 9'. False 9 as our backup plan regardless.

dude, we aspire to be the best team in the world and for that we need the best players in the world.

In bayern, if lewa gets injured, they play muller, who is replaced by gotze /alcantara.

In RM if benzema gets injured, we gets replaced by bale/CR or maybe james.

If costa gets injured, we play torres/DD, a MASSIVE fall down. We have played schurrle as false 9 and it has simply not worked. If we play cesc as falsr9, I doubt it works as well it did in barca. But even if it does, he gets replaced by rambo. There is a difference in class there.

Thank god there's someone else on these forums that sees sense. I've been saying this for months and pulling my hair out.

In short, Lavezii would be too old, too expensive and too much a winger, to be our 2nd striker.

The ones I'd realistically consider are Jay Rodriguez, because he is Egnlish. I don't rate him too highly though but these are really bad times to be in need of a homgrown striker.

The others would be Lacazette, who is cheap and clinical and Loic Remy, who is not as clinical but nice aerial ability and pace. All three would complement Costa decently enough. Though I would rather not start a CL quarterfinal with any of those. Jose must have seen something special left in Drogba otherwise we would never go into the season with that strikeforce

Thank god there's someone else on these forums that sees sense. I've been saying this for months and pulling my hair out.

Count me in too. I find it insulting for a club like Chelsea FC to be linked with this mug. One of the most overrated players in European football. Work rate is his best asset, otherwise he is utter shite.

Also the rumoured price is ridiculous, his value is €12-13m at most.

When I read a Lavezzi to Chelsea rumour I get the same feeling like I would read a rumour about Chelsea being interested in Cleverley, Agger or Arteta. Why do they always have to pick Chelsea? Can't they link Liverpool or Arsenal to these mugs?

Beyond frustrating I tell you, but it's no worse than the Romanian papers linking Chiriches to Chelsea every week. I mean, for Christ's sake, there were at least 50 articles about Mourinho wanting Chiriches this year!

dude, we aspire to be the best team in the world and for that we need the best players in the world.

In bayern, if lewa gets injured, they play muller, who is replaced by gotze /alcantara.

In RM if benzema gets injured, we gets replaced by bale/CR or maybe james.

If costa gets injured, we play torres/DD, a MASSIVE fall down. We have played schurrle as false 9 and it has simply not worked. If we play cesc as falsr9, I doubt it works as well it did in barca. But even if it does, he gets replaced by rambo. There is a difference in class there.

Muller isn't a #9 and doesn't play well as a lone striker. About as well as Schurrle could. Bale and Ronaldo aren't #9's..

You're just naming their best players.

With the way you were setting examples, we could use Hazard or Willian or Cesc. Schurrle could be a false 9 now with Cesc playing deep. I don't think we need Cavani, especially when he isn't guaranteed a starting spot. Chicharito would be better.

Muller isn't a #9 and doesn't play well as a lone striker. About as well as Schurrle could. Bale and Ronaldo aren't #9's..

You're just naming their best players.

With the way you were setting examples, we could use Hazard or Willian or Cesc. Schurrle could be a false 9 now with Cesc playing deep. I don't think we need Cavani, especially when he isn't guaranteed a starting spot. Chicharito would be better.

dude, muller does not play well as a lone NO.9? ohhhkkk... i got it..

CR played as the 2nd striker a lot of times last season whenever RM shifted to 4-4-2. infact whenever on the ball, RM seemed more a 4-4-2 than a 4-3-3. bale started as the striker against barca at camp nou. those are legitimate options

how the hell are u even comparing hazard or willian to these guys who have and actually DO play the false 9 role?

I think cavani makes us THE best team in europe. we have the defence, we have the system, we have the stability compared to the likes of barca. at one point of time we had midfield options of ballack, essien, makelele, lamps. these WC players are what makes a team the BEST.