Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

No offense but he sucked most of the season for Porto. But when the WC arrived, everyone was pretty impressed with the way he was playing and a lot of people said it wasn't the same Herrera we'd seen and hoped he wouldn't that well for Porto lol.

I was wondering how he did with his club. It was his first season, if he plays like that for Porto he'll be a problem. Too bad for you:P

Gaal will definately bring another dutchman there IMO. Either Strootman, Blind or Robben (dificult though).

Indeed strong team.

But their defence will be terrible again if they dont buy proper Cb or two.

ddg

rafael jones evans shaw

carrick/carvalho herrera

janujaz/mata rooney new winger

rvp

a team with no european football too. thats one strong team.

If that's the team that lines up against us when we play them I'll be licking my chops. That CB partnership is still shit, Rafael is a complete liability, and Shaw is still a teenager who can be exploited. Just contain RvP and I think we'd beat that side comfortably.

I think they'll get a top new CB and at least one more marquee signing, though.

If that's the team that lines up against us when we play them I'll be licking my chops. That CB partnership is still shit, Rafael is a complete liability, and Shaw is still a teenager who can be exploited. Just contain RvP and I think we'd beat that side comfortably.

I think they'll get a top new CB and at least one more marquee signing, though.

we did a double over city and pool and still finished below both those teams. its not just about us vs them when u r talking about a league. that team can and probably will outscore most teams that they play.

we did a double over city and pool and still finished below both those teams. its not just about us vs them when u r talking about a league. that team can and probably will outscore most teams that they play.

True, but as Arsenal proved last season you can't just spank the minnows of the league. You have you win some of the big ones too and I'd still fancy ourselves, City, and Arsenal to be more consistent and stronger than anything United put out this season.

You're right though, they will be strong and a threat. Think they finish 3rd, just ahead of Arsenal.

True, but as Arsenal proved last season you can't just spank the minnows of the league. You have you win some of the big ones too and I'd still fancy ourselves, City, and Arsenal to be more consistent and stronger than anything United put out this season.

You're right though, they will be strong and a threat. Think they finish 3rd, just ahead of Arsenal.

True but I don't think Van Gaal would be as silly as Wenger did in approaching the big games and leaves his side so exposed to the opposition.

True but I don't think Van Gaal would be as silly as Wenger did in approaching the big games and leaves his side so exposed to the opposition.

Probably true. But Van Gaal will be working with a new team who's players will also be getting used to playing with a bunch of new teammates. They'll be significantly better than last season and Van Gaal will have them playing great football.

I haven't looked at their fixture list but all I keep hearing on twitter is that they have a piss easy set of opening fixtures so I expect them to start very well and build confidence early which could be a real problem with them only playing once a week for most of the season like Liverpool did last season. Just think in the end ourselves and City will edge them out.

Gaal will definately bring another dutchman there IMO. Either Strootman, Blind or Robben (dificult though).

I don't think they will buy Carvalho and another CM. Money is also needed on the other positions.

Robben is pure dream for them.

thats just contradicting each other.

i ll say the latter to be more of a reality than the former.

Probably true. But Van Gaal will be working with a new team who's players will also be getting used to playing with a bunch of new teammates. They'll be significantly better than last season and Van Gaal will have them playing great football.

It's only 2 players so far and 1 of them is from the Premier League. Don't think there will be such a big of the players adapting to their new teammates but if anything, they might just take some time to adapt to Van Gaal's style. That being said, he just said recently with the Dutch team that he doesn't care about the style, only bothers with the win.

I haven't looked at their fixture list but all I keep hearing on twitter is that they have a piss easy set of opening fixtures so I expect them to start very well and build confidence early which could be a real problem with them only playing once a week for most of the season like Liverpool did last season. Just think in the end ourselves and City will edge them out.

They do actually, at least on paper. They won't face any of last season's Top 7 till mid-October, where they will face Everton at Old Trafford.

Before that, United will play Swansea(H), Sunderland(A), Burnley(A), QPR(H), Leicester(A) and West Ham(H). Their hell-ish run of games will come in March-April as they'll face Spurs, Liverpool, Man City, us and Everton in consecutive games with the only easy game against Villa throw into that run.

It's only 2 players so far and 1 of them is from the Premier League. Don't think there will be such a big of the players adapting to their new teammates but if anything, they might just take some time to adapt to Van Gaal's style. That being said, he just said recently with the Dutch team that he doesn't care about the style, only bothers with the win.

They do actually, at least on paper. They won't face any of last season's Top 7 till mid-October, where they will face Everton at Old Trafford.

Before that, United will play Swansea(H), Sunderland(A), Burnley(A), QPR(H), Leicester(A) and West Ham(H). Their hell-ish run of games will come in March-April as they'll face Spurs, Liverpool, Man City, us and Everton in consecutive games with the only easy game against Villa throw into that run.

Didn't Villa always cause trouble everytime they face MU? :)

Didn't Villa always cause trouble everytime they face MU? :)

You might want to check the H2H record and actually see how the match unfolded when they play each other.

Villa were never a bogey side for United.