Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

On whom did we make profit? The idea was never to make profit by selling our youth, it is going all wrong because we didnt get the manager for whom we were all set to lay the red carpet. Anyways thats my opinion.

E'to better than Bramford ... Good one .. I guess that's check and mate!

Just seen some of these posts not but that is ludicrous to suggest Bamford is better than Eto'o or even Ba. Bamford is scoring goals but it is not the PL. If he made the step up to the PL right now he would struggle. Just because you see him scoring goals don't be naive to think he is better than our current strikers because he is not at all ready for us and him being out on loan will benefit him. If Ba was at that level he would be scoring goals galore. Just remember his goal record at Newcastle. He just has not had the same impact at Chelsea. There is a huge difference in quality between the PL and Championship.

Matic and Rambo have started together at least 2-3 times...

What we need to partner up with Matic is a DLP. A Modric, a Gundogan, a Schweinsteiger, a Fernandinho, etc!

2 games to be precise. Away to wba and away to fulham.Hardly a fair sample of matches to judge how successful a combo is.

But I admit these 2 are not creative togwther. Specially at home we might have a hard time breaking down small teams. but away from home, their might not be a better one. Physical, tackling, Breaking up play and countering using rambo's pace.

Anyone see Virgil van Dijk's pic with Luiz last night?

Most likely nothing and I've only seen him on youtube just now, but man, this guy as a defender has a highlight reel attacking midfielders would be proud of - incredibly athletic, big, and GREAT passing. It's impossible to measure if he's any good defensively, but colour me intrigued

Anyone see Virgil van Dijk's pic with Luiz last night?

Most likely nothing and I've only seen him on youtube just now, but man, this guy as a defender has a highlight reel attacking midfielders would be proud of - incredibly athletic, big, and GREAT passing. It's impossible to measure if he's any good defensively, but colour me intrigued

Saw the picture, too. Today, his agent said he'll move to England in the summer. "Many English clubs are interested in him – the absolute top clubs"

Didn't watch him that much, only a game or two against Barcelona and Milan iirc and he did ok. Reports say he's been the best player for Celtic in this UCL campaign.

Also read something about City and United being interested, but that was months ago.

Matic and Rambo have started together at least 2-3 times...

What we need to partner up with Matic is a DLP. A Modric, a Gundogan, a Schweinsteiger, a Fernandinho, etc!

What's up with Schweinsteiger, from what I noticed he hasn't played much this year for Bayern. A surprising bid for him maybe?

What's up with Schweinsteiger, from what I noticed he hasn't played much this year for Bayern. A surprising bid for him maybe?

He was injured and Lahm has playing in his spot. Plus I dont think he would ever come to Chelsea tbh...

What do you think about Matic-Witsel?

That would be very interesting, two monsters in midfield and Witsel is great going forward too. Wouldn't mind it but if Kroos or a fully fit Gundogan are available I'll take them over him.

That CM position needs to be as defensive and running as Rambo, obviously the upgrade needs come into their technical play (imo long passing and long shooting would also be nice). He's has to have the endurance of Rambo.

lars is far more a rambo type of player than a matic type.

i doubt mvg is that dissimilar to lars.

What do you think about Matic-Witsel?

that would be ideal. already know how to play together

4310015w-640x640x80.jpg

i doubt mvg is that dissimilar to lars.

that would be ideal. already know how to play together

4310015w-640x640x80.jpg

true. Mvg might very well turn out to be similar to lars. But its just weird how underrated lars' technical ability seems to be here.

Anyways don't think any of the big names (kroos, vidal, pogba, witsel) will be possible to buy.

We might very well end up getting a matic/rambo/mvg/romeu pivot options.

true. Mvg might very well turn out to be similar to lars. But its just weird how underrated lars' technical ability seems to be here.

Anyways don't think any of the big names (kroos, vidal, pogba, witsel) will be possible to buy.

We might very well end up getting a matic/rambo/mvg/romeu pivot options.

Lars isn't known as a technical player though, sure he's a pretty decent passer but that's about it. Not sure why you would anyone would say that Lars is technical, no one is underrating that aspect of his game because he simply isn't that sort of player.

Lars isn't known as a technical player though, sure he's a pretty decent passer but that's about it. Not sure why you would anyone would say that Lars is technical, no one is underrating that aspect of his game because he simply isn't that sort of player.

That's what my point is. I always thought ans still do that lars is very good techinically. Everytime I have seen him play, its what he does on the ball has impressed me as well as what he has done off the ball. Not the case with rambo. Specially last season when schurrle used to play uptop with keisling while bender-rolfes/reinartz in thw cwnter, sometimes in a 2 sometimes in a 3 man midfield.. It was his ability to drive the team forward that sets him out. He is very different from sven in that regards who is actually pretty limited in his passing.

That would be very interesting, two monsters in midfield and Witsel is great going forward too. Wouldn't mind it but if Kroos or a fully fit Gundogan are available I'll take them over him.

Dont think either of them would be our targets imo.Thats why I want us to go after somebody complete like Witsel or Rakitic.

That's what my point is. I always thought ans still do that lars is very good techinically.

How is he technically 'very good'? Unless you have a very low boundaries for technically good players I don't see how Lars Bender is "very good" technically.

Technical attributes consist of more than passing you know... and his passing isn't even anything spectacular. He doesn't have vision or creativity, doesn't have the ability to take on two or three players at a time, doesn't have much attacking finesse or a great long range shot or finish... I don't know how anyone could say Lars Bender is a technical midfielder in the ilk of Modric, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Pirlo, Alonso etc. just to name a few... Those are proper technical midfielders, not Lars, who is more about winning the ball back, great positional sense and just being a midfield warrior... He's not bad technically, don't get me wrong, but he isn't known as a technical midfielder at all. He's known for his great defensive contributions.

The guy beside Matic whether its lamps or Rambo has so much dirty work to do. You buy one of those players who thinks he is the best in world to do that kind of role they instantly turn into pissy whiny brats. Despite all the scuff we give Rambo for his sloppy abilities nobody on the team could or would even want to fill in his shoes. So for the players you just suggest to make sense the way the pivot his played will change, which wouldn't be bad but we aren't the ones who get to choose the tactics. The more I think about the more I realize that a big name in that positions just isn't going to to work. It's always being criticized but I don't think having a players to play a Ramires type role is a bad thing at all, who cares if we do or don't have style moving up when we aren't picking up 3 points. Rambo is out team, if 1 players could summarize out team Chelsea is playing like Rambo and if it wins titles than don't fix it. So what do you guys think of Jordan Henderson? Not a massive upgrade but he's an English rambo who is progressing lighting fast this season.

How is he technically 'very good'? Unless you have a very low boundaries for technically good players I don't see how Lars Bender is "very good" technically.

Technical attributes consist of more than passing you know... and his passing isn't even anything spectacular. He doesn't have vision or creativity, doesn't have the ability to take on two or three players at a time, doesn't have much attacking finesse or a great long range shot or finish... I don't know how anyone could say Lars Bender is a technical midfielder in the ilk of Modric, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Pirlo, Alonso etc. just to name a few... Those are proper technical midfielders, not Lars, who is more about winning the ball back, great positional sense and just being a midfield warrior... He's not bad technically, don't get me wrong, but he isn't known as a technical midfielder at all.

When did I say he is in the same league as modric,kroos, bastian??? The only reason I keep bringing up lars is cos he is GOOD and a very gettable target compared to vidal, pogba, witsel who won't just cost us a fortune but most of them won't be willing to move.

Also how can u say he does not have vision. Plus how many of the midfielders except for modric take on 2 or 3 players and dribble past them. Dint know we wanted iniesta for that matter. I for one have never seen bastian do that, or khedira for that matter. Even our own super frank for that matter. Since when does dribbling become this big a criteria. Leave that to the hazards and oscars and willians. What should be the most importabt criteria is quick, workrate, passing thru the channels. He is good in all. Add to that that he is just 24. I don't see how he would not make the grade here.

Can you just imagine seeing Vidal next to Matic? My FUCKING god!

We would seriously be the best side in world football I feel if we got him and a top striker. Our midfield would be impervious.

I'd seriously tempt Juve with a bid in the summer.

For me we need 3 signings this summer to complete our side and set us up for a new era of success for the foreseeable future. A ST, CM, and LB. In a perfect dream world it would be Cavani, Vidal, and Shaw. We would easily be able to afford them if we win the league. It would further increase our global popularity and therefor bring in even more cash flow, plus we have the new TV money next season.

We could always cash in on Luiz and Ba, Eto'o, Cole, and some of the deadwood will be sold off. Bonus if we can offload Torres too. That's a lot in wages off the books and quite a bit of cash to spend before even tapping into whatever transfer kitty we would have in the first place. If we win the league hopefully Lamps could go out on top like Drogba did and move on.

Next season

-----------------

Strikers: Cavani, Lukaku, and Schürlle if needed

AM's: Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Schürrle, Salah

CM's: Matic, Vidal, Ramires, MvG, Mikel

CB's: Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Ivanovic to rotate between CB and RB

FB's: Azpi, Shaw, Ivanovic for rotation

Incredible potential First XI

-----------------------------Cavani----------------------------

-------Hazard-------------Oscar-------------Willian-------

-------------------Matic-----------Vidal----------------------

Shaw-------------Terry------------Cahill---------------Azpi