Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I like Kovacic a lot more tenacity than Rabiot. We were linked pretty heavily with Rabiot before the Jan transfer window, he had an injury during the window. They're both really creative youngsters it would be a tough choice.

Kovacic - Matic pivot would be wonderful.

Isn't he an AM?. what we need is a DLP and the only gettable one at the moment at a right age due to the scarcity of players who fit that mode is Oliver Torres. We should have gone for Veratti when we had the chance before PSG got him.

Isn't he an AM?. what we need is a DLP and the only gettable one at the moment at a right age due to the scarcity of players who fit that mode is Oliver Torres. We should have gone for Veratti when we had the chance before PSG got him.

Yes we do need a DLP and he can play as a DLP/regista, he's been used as one before and pretty successfully. That's his true role, just that the Inter manager has been moving him about a lot. Oliver Torres is more of an AM than this fella IMO.

Yes we do need a DLP and he can play as a DLP/regista, he's been used as one before and pretty successfully. That's his true role, just that the Inter manager has been moving him about a lot. Oliver Torres is more of an AM than this fella IMO.

I need to watch him more then.

only if Josh would grow some balls and develop the right mentality because he actually has the skillset to be a regista but his softness and weak mentality is holding him back

I need to watch him more then.

only if Josh would grow some balls and develop the right mentality because he actually has the skillset to be a regista but his softness and weak mentality is holding him back

with each month and year that passes Josh looks more like a Kakuta .... Now im worried about Chaloblah... I hoped for Wallace and Bruma ,,, guess its back to

spending ,,,

We definitely need to see more from MVG he's got potential however Rabiot/Kovacic are far a head of him at 18/19 years old. Kovacic is a lot better technically on the ball and this team benefits a lot from winning dribbles, Kovacic makes an incredible amount of touches when he plays for the time of shifts he puts him. I've seen Rabiot pick out some brilliant passes that are unbelievable for an 18 year old and he may look scrawny but its deceiving he's got strength and will become a tank. Kovacic particularly impresses me with how much the team around him trusts him and is willing to give him time on the ball.

with each month and year that passes Josh looks more like a Kakuta .... Now im worried about Chaloblah... I hoped for Wallace and Bruma ,,, guess its back to

spending ,,,

I still believe that the Ancelotti sacking is hugely responsible for josh's stunted development. I have no doubt whatsover that his career path would have been much different than it is now if carlo was still in charge.

We definitely need to see more from MVG he's got potential however Rabiot/Kovacic are far a head of him at 18/19 years old. Kovacic is a lot better technically on the ball and this team benefits a lot from winning dribbles, Kovacic makes an incredible amount of touches when he plays for the time of shifts he puts him. I've seen Rabiot pick out some brilliant passes that are unbelievable for an 18 year old and he may look scrawny but its deceiving he's got strength and will become a tank. Kovacic particularly impresses me with how much the team around him trusts him and is willing to give him time on the ball.

Don't know why you're comparing Kovacic or Rabiot to MVG when they're clearly different types of players. The former two are DLPs/registas whilst Van Ginkel is a B2B midfielder.

A lot of people rave about his passing range and vision tbh so hopefully he'll display these qualities next season.

yeah maybe. i don't think he's in the Kovacic mould anyway. Box to box player

On every online forum... always people who think they're master scouts.

you mean, you think I'm a master scout for watching England v. Ukraine, Ukraine-Sweden a couple years ago or some S. American international matches? do I get a badge for seeing an international player whose name you can't pronounce play more than 3 matches?

Van Ginkel, Rabiot and Kovacic have played in different position throughout their development, that's usually because it's easier to do that with young players especially when they are good at different tasks. Van Ginkel only has a few real advantages over the other two IMO which would be his physicality, aerial ability and stamina and this could just be because he is a bit older. Those advantages Van Ginkel have do make him seem more suited to the league but Ramires is a great example at why you shouldn't neglect technical skill in a Box-To-Box, they don't just have to get there quick and play the position they should also play it really well. Kovacic and Rabiot are already more mature at dribbling, long passing, position after passing, knowing when not to over commit to tackles, playing on the left wing, playing on the right wing and also their movement in the final third compared to Van Ginkel.

They're all at least pretty decent at multiple positions and have played them,even Kovacic who one would suspect needs more defensive support than the other two was a hero for his country Croatia in a WC qualifier against Sebia playing as the holding mid. Marco could play with the under-21's on Friday so we'll get a glimpse of how he's doing.