Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I don't think the midfield will be a problem in Europe.If Jose gets his tactics right, we can have a decent run in CL (we need luck too of course).

Look at United in 10/11, they had Carrick-Giggs in midfield and they had gone to the final. Look at Dortmund 12/13, Gundogan-Bender isn't a world class partnership but the tactic of Klopp was spot on.

I don't think the midfield will be a problem in Europe.If Jose gets his tactics right, we can have a decent run in CL (we need luck too of course).

Look at United in 10/11, they had Carrick-Giggs in midfield and they had gone to the final. Look at Dortmund 12/13, Gundogan-Bender isn't a world class partnership but the tactic of Klopp was spot on.

Gundogan is class though. 22yrs old and still getting better. Better player than Alonso or DDR at club level this season.

Van Ginkel will surprise a lot of you if we don't sign another midfielder. If Jose trusts him enough for us to not buy a new midfielder then I'm okay with that. He'll make an impact. So will Schurrle.

Our main problem last season in my books was the lack of squad quality. It was ridiculously hard for us to rest Mata or Hazard because we didn't have squad depth. We've gone a long way into addressing that now, we've added real quality to the team.

The transfer window isn't over yet so anything could still happen but personally if we don't get anyone else this season I'm okay with it - sure, I'd love to sign Rooney and De Rossi - we'd actually have the best squad in the league if we pulled that off but having the best squad in the league doesn't always guarantee a league win. Cue City last season.

Tbh, I'm okay because we've at least made significant progress squad wise. Like I said before - the squad is a million times better than it was last season. No more Benayoun, Ferreira, Marin etc. coming off the bench when we need to change something up. We now actually will have real quality on the bench.

We brought lot of squad players to extend our bench. That is hardly making our starting 11 more quality. We might now have quality replacement for Mata in Kdb or whoever, but that wont fix shit midfield we have with Lamps, Mikel, Ginkel, Rambo and Essien. Neither of them is high quality at the moment or capable of leading midfield all season. We can believe in them, but we did so with Torres last year aswell...

So far we brought players for future and the ones to extend bench. As goes for starters, we havent done one thing. I think you overrate the capabilities of Ginkel or Lukaku if you think that they will lead way in CL games or against City...hope im wrong though.

We brought lot of squad players to extend our bench. That is hardly making our starting 11 more quality. We might now have quality replacement for Mata in Kdb or whoever, but that wont fix shit midfield we have with Lamps, Mikel, Ginkel, Rambo and Essien. Neither of them is high quality at the moment or capable of leading midfield all season. We can believe in them, but we did so with Torres last year aswell...

So far we brought players for future and the ones to extend bench. As goes for starters, we havent done one thing. I think you overrate the capabilities of Ginkel or Lukaku if you think that they will lead way in CL games or against City...hope im wrong though.

The difference is I won't be expecting us to challenge on all fronts if we don't get Rooney and De Rossi but I'm fine with that.

People are dismissing what a great in depth squad with a great manager can bring you. All you have to do is look at SAF's United. How many of their team could actually get into our first team XI? We've always usually had a better first XI than them. Their first team XI isn't that phenomenal but what they do have is a great squad. Do not underestimate the power of having a great squad.

The difference is I won't be expecting us to challenge on all fronts if we don't get Rooney and De Rossi but I'm fine with that.

People are dismissing what a great in depth squad with a great manager can bring you. All you have to do is look at SAF's United. How many of their team could actually get into our first team XI? We've always usually had a better first XI than them. Their first team XI isn't that phenomenal but what they do have is a great squad. Do not underestimate the power of having a great squad.

good points, but all our rivals have better strikers, some even sitting on the bench. Yes, even Arsenal as I see some qualities in Giroud that none of our strikers possess.

And our midfield is just lacking. Some are expecting Mikel to do what he did for Nigeria, but he has never been able to do that for Chelsea in many seasons, so call me skeptic.

True, though we gotta put things into their context. Ferguson has had 25 years to master a system built around the squad and not around individualities. Through the years he had the time to polish and mature his systeme. Furthermore, it's safe to say that all the players that have played for United during these 10 last years have been introduced in the team by Ferguson himself (it may be an exageration, but you do get my point I presume).

And, another difference is that Manchester always has had brilliant strikers to nullify the deficiencies of the rest of the team. Let's take a look to the four past seasons (seasons where their starting XI was not impressive - before that, when they had Ronaldo, it was another story). Last season, they won the title ; their strike force (Van Persie, Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck) was doing the job perfectly, especially the dutchman who has carried them to the title. The penultimate time they won the League, it was the same story all over, except that you replace Van Persie by Berbatov. The two times they finished second, it's because their striking force was a tad less prolific, but was still prolific (Rooney, Hernandez). All in all, they always had had a great strike force with one player carriyng them (Rooney, Berbatov, Rooney, Van Persie). Unfortunately, it doesn't apply to us. There is no comparison between Van Persie-Rooney-Hernandez-Welbeck (or Berbatov-Rooney-Hernandez) and Ba-Lukaku-ladyboy ; there are two levels separating these two sets of strikers.

Of course I am agree with the point you made — squad depth is very important. Having improved our squad depth will definitely improve our performances. Though we shouldn't sit back and expect this squad depth to nullify all of our dysfunctional areas (the midfield and the strike force). It worked perfectly for United, though we shouldn't exêct the same result because we don't gather the same variables as United did. And I reckon that's why Mourinho wants Rooney (or at least one of the reasons) ; it will significantly improve our strike force and thus we will be more or less in the same environment than United, i.e. having a sharp striking force that can nullify our problems at the back (especially the midfield).

True, though we gotta put things into their context. Ferguson has had 25 years to master a system built around the squad and not around individualities. Through the years he had the time to polish and mature his systeme. Furthermore, it's safe to say that all the players that have played for United during these 10 last years have been introduced in the team by Ferguson himself (it may be an exageration, but you do get my point I presume).

And, another difference is that Manchester always has had brilliant strikers to nullify the deficiencies of the rest of the team. Let's take a look to the four past seasons (seasons where their starting XI was not impressive - before that, when they had Ronaldo, it was another story). Last season, they won the title ; their strike force (Van Persie, Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck) was doing the job perfectly, especially the dutchman who has carried them to the title. The penultimate time they won the League, it was the same story all over, except that you replace Van Persie by Berbatov. The two times they finished second, it's because their striking force was a tad less prolific, but was still prolific (Rooney, Hernandez). All in all, they always had had a great strike force with one player carriyng them (Rooney, Berbatov, Rooney, Van Persie). Unfortunately, it doesn't apply to us. There is no comparison between Van Persie-Rooney-Hernandez-Welbeck (or Berbatov-Rooney-Hernandez) and Ba-Lukaku-ladyboy ; there are two levels separating these two sets of strikers.

Of course I am agree with the point you made squad depth is very important. Having improved our squad depth will definitely improve our performances. Though we shouldn't sit back and expect this squad depth to nullify all of our dysfunctional areas (the midfield and the strike force). It worked perfectly for United, though we shouldn't exêct the same result because we don't gather the same variables as United did. And I reckon that's why Mourinho wants Rooney (or at least one of the reasons) ; it will significantly improve our strike force and thus we will be more or less in the same environment than United, i.e. having a sharp striking force that can nullify our problems at the back (especially the midfield).

I agree with all your points - however we do have one very strong area on the pitch - our attacking midfielders. One could easily say that they are akin to the great strikeforce United had under SAF. What United had in strikers, we have in attacking midfielders.

I agree that we're not exactly comfortable in midfield or up front but I believe we've made great progress this season even if we don't sign a De Rossi or a Rooney. Obviously I'd love if we signed both because we'd have the complete squad - but I'm okay if the circumstances don't allow us. Like I said, we've made massive progress - there's no way we could've said that we were only 2 players away from a perfect squad last season.

Like I said, if we don't sign Wayne and Daniele, I don't expect us to win/compete heavily for everything (especially in stronger competitions like the CL) but with our current squad and our current manager I can actually see us putting a very good challenge for the PL, FA Cup & Carling Cup even if we don't sign anyone because our squad is so much better and our manager is world class, one of the best.

I agree with all your points - however we do have one very strong area on the pitch - our attacking midfielders. One could easily say that they are akin to the great strikeforce United had under SAF. What United had in strikers, we have in attacking midfielders.

I agree that we're not exactly comfortable in midfield or up front but I believe we've made great progress this season even if we don't sign a De Rossi or a Rooney. Obviously I'd love if we signed both because we'd have the complete squad - but I'm okay if the circumstances don't allow us. Like I said, we've made massive progress - there's no way we could've said that we were only 2 players away from a perfect squad last season.

Like I said, if we don't sign Wayne and Daniele, I don't expect us to win/compete heavily for everything (especially in stronger competitions like the CL) but with our current squad and our current manager I can actually see us putting a very good challenge for the PL, FA Cup & Carling Cup even if we don't sign anyone because our squad is so much better and our manager is world class, one of the best.

Ahah, I was sure you were going to talk about our attacking midfielders, though was too lazy to talk bout that :)

On a serious note. I do agree that we are very strong in this area of the pitch. Nonetheless, I wouldn't go as far as saying that they are totaly akin to United strike force ! Our attacking midfielders are very good, though I do believe that they are one tone below United strike force ; the main difference being that their strikers are finished products while our players are more or less still potentials. By saying this, I mean that Hazard and Oscar need to gain that maturity to step up in order be in the same league as Rooney and Van Persie (and Berbatov when he wasn't Berbaflop). No doubt they will be soon there — probably next season, or eventually at the twilight of this one — though, they still lack that little thing to be a major force as were/are United's strikers. But if we can be strong with our attacking midfielders and strikers, that would be even better :)

Moreover, I don't believe that we can count upon our attacking midfielders to carry us goal-wise as we could count upon a striker. Within the four season that I mentioned in my previous comment, their "star" striker scored on average 25 goals ; Hazard, Oscar and Mata scored 25 at them three... I find myself in a struggle to put words upon this concept, but this is a very different thing when one player can give you what would require three players to do the same thing. Finally, to count upon attacking midfielders to score goals because your attackers are inapt, it's kinda like to count upon your defensive midfielders to prevent goals because your defenders are inapt ; it can perfectly work, but there is a thin margin between the perfect and the disastrous — Barça is the perfect example, whenever the smallest grain of sand was troubling their midfield engine, their defense was sinking faster than the Titanic.

Absolutly, we've made a significant progress this season, even as it stands. With Schürrle and de Bruyne, we'll be able to rest more Hazard, Oscar and Mata ; they will therefore be able to burst more energy when playing and it will obviously improve their performances... I guess I'm hard to please (I am a perfectionist). It's still refreshing to see that we're in for a quality striker (as our interest in Cavani and Rooney shows) — it shows that the board (I include Mourinho in it) is aware of our deficiencies in key areas. And then again, I guess that my frustration comes from the fear caused by what José said regarding our midfield... I definitely hope it's either untrue or that it means will be back to a 4-3-3 with Oscar (or de Bruyne) as the third midfielders (if that's the case, then we're kinda "okay" in midfielded).

I also do agree with your expectations... Even without new additions, we will right there to push for the title and probably for some Cups. Manchester United has suffered what's probably its biggest loss in its history and City won't set the world alight right away. It won't be a walk in the park, but we would still have significant chances to win the title.... I won't hide the fact I would rather put all chance on our side to win the title in a flashy way — the King is dead and the throne is vacant, I do believe that winning the title will give to the winners a cutting edge to reign upon England for the upcoming seasons. That's why I absolutly want us to win the League.

you should tell that my grandma, she died of cancer last year. Probably she did not eat enough vegetables :doh:

really sensible of you guy. Welcome on my ignore list you disgusting prick.

Was replying to your stupid youtube video because you took me for a fool, but i was right.

It's easy to laugh at some people and when you are wrong you post something like that. I didn't say anything concerning your grandma (and i wish her to rest in peace) but you quoted another post that i didn't replied to try to make me look as a disgusting person.

You aren't fair and, i quote you saying this,you look like the disgusting prick. You just feel stupid because you tried to laugh at me but you simply feel stupid right now.

And feel free to ignore me if your presence here is only to taunt some people and then crying like a child and call them names like prick

Was replying to your stupid youtube video because you took me for a fool, but i was right.

It's easy to laugh at some people and when you are wrong you post something like that. I didn't say anything concerning your grandma (and i wish her to rest in peace) but you quoted another post that i didn't replied to try to make me look as a disgusting person.

You aren't fair and you look like the disgusting prick. You just feel stupid because you tried to laugh at me but you simply feel stupid right now.

I am surely not feeling stupid right now. Rather confirmed in my judgement. i posted that and your ridiculous pseudo-scientific article does say nothing to prove me wrong. I have accompanied people on their fight against cancer and lost quite a few, I have been into cancer treatment for years, I have spoken to approbated highly-qualified doctors and they agreed with me that vegetables do fuck all against cancer.

The video I posted - which is not stupid but a piece of TV culture - just had to be kinda comic relief, maybe more for me than for others but it exactly matches the situation. The guys who administrate the website and wrote the article obviously don't know jack about the treatment of cancer. So do you.

This is not about being wrong or right. do you really think i would give a fuck about that if i had not lost someone.

@admins: I put mediaotr on my ignore list, but it obviously does not work.

City is buying strikers like mad...

I dont understand why dont we buy someone, as we shouldnt rely on torres (out of form), Ba (not good enough) or Lukaku (unexperienced). With good striker, we could win league, giving chance to players we already have is good (Lukaku, Torres), but we have been saying that shit for past 3 seasons...

£40m ready for Roo