Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

16 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Spurs also want him.

Got me thinking...

What a defense Turkey have! They never used this (probably because they all had breakthrough this season) 3 CB formation but they should!

Cakir

Kabak    Soyuncu    Demirel

They may do Greece 2004 next EURO if they have some good attacking players.

Goodluck scoring against this defense.

yep, been saying thsi for months, and I think Kabak may end up the best of the lot. he impressed the hell out m on a very bläääää Schalke team.. But all three seem rock solid.

Should blow away England CB's within a year or 2 (by WC time)

like you said, Turkey is probably a big darkhorse

db434988d9d6f93f3b0783796d09df40.pngd84196434c0b26bc4bbd27af7d2bde88.png

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Sørloth is up to 32 goals, 10 assists all comps, and still has the Cup final to play.

Palace are fools.

Haha, indeed. I mean, with the way they go about business I just cannot fathom it. They brought the guy for £9m and ok he didn't settle or play that well last year on loan either, however to give a two year loan with no recall plus a £5.4m option is just a hiding to nothing unless he completely flops, but in that case the loaning club will just send him back. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

The more I think of how our team is shaping up for next season, the more I see the need for a Partey type player. Problem however is Kante, whose level is dropping off but would still command a good offer for us to sell. Also, he appears to be loved by the fans and the staff. 

25 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Just pay low release clause...

I think the problem atm is the amount of midfielders we have on the books. With Harvetz, we need to shift Baka, Barkley and Drinky as a minimum. To accommodate a Partey, you're then looking at least one of Kante or Jorgi. If we are interested then I would say we need to sell before we can buy. 

13 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I think the problem atm is the amount of midfielders we have on the books. With Harvetz, we need to shift Baka, Barkley and Drinky as a minimum. To accommodate a Partey, you're then looking at least one of Kante or Jorgi. If we are interested then I would say we need to sell before we can buy. 

I was thinking about Arsenal :D

Why they have two offers rejected when he has RC.

15 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I think you must be right about this but I also think we should be selling N'Golo this summer. I have fully bought into @Vesper's reasoning on this. Trading N'Golo for someone like Partey or Zakaria makes sense to me, especially if we can do so at a profit.

8 hours ago, King Kante said:

Haha, indeed. I mean, with the way they go about business I just cannot fathom it. They brought the guy for £9m and ok he didn't settle or play that well last year on loan either, however to give a two year loan with no recall plus a £5.4m option is just a hiding to nothing unless he completely flops, but in that case the loaning club will just send him back. 

The more I think of how our team is shaping up for next season, the more I see the need for a Partey type player. Problem however is Kante, whose level is dropping off but would still command a good offer for us to sell. Also, he appears to be loved by the fans and the staff. 

N'Golo is definitely loved, and quite rightly, but it is still time to sell.

I think somehow united will get Sancho, they will pay the fee in the end.                                                                                                                                      

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

N'Golo is definitely loved, and quite rightly, but it is still time to sell.

4 simple reasons why

1. he soon is 30yo (right when winter ends), and this is the last summer we can get massive cash/swap value for him, his value plummets after this summer (unless we squeeze out a January last ditch swap/sale)

2. he is FAR too often injured now, it is hurting the team

3. He simply is a square peg in a round hole in many of Lampard's formations, especially a 3 man MF where he is on the right, Lamp's ramming him back in fucked us up badly in mid-season in many games

4. The 4 teams who are most interested in him all have players we both need and should dearly covet via a swap or a swap + cash if needed (Varane, Marquinhos, Giménez or Oblak, Skriniar) it certainly cannot hurt to clandestinely ask them if they are open to any sort of deal

Unless we actualy bring world class DM and CB, it would be completely idiotic to sell our best defensive player. 

Yes he is getting on that 30s side, but you usualy dont sell players just because they are getting to that age. Also he had few injuries because he was rushed back too soon IMO. 

But the fact that we have shite defence has little to do with him. Jorginho and our CBs are often non existing. Alonso is making hotdogs while returing in defence. Wingers dont track back enough. Mount, Kova and Azpi are only ones doing the work. If you place a proper balanced side with good CBs and DM (which is standard if we want to win silverware) Kante will be the key part in the midfield. If we dont bring CB and DM, then we wont be competing for titles, hence its better to at least keep Kante or our defense will be beyond bad. We conceded 20!!! more goals than Pool, City or United this season.

I mean people want Kante to be creative and to be DM yada yada. He is best b2b defensive midfielder in the world. Thats his job. Not assisting or scoring, not holding the backline but running around and stop opponents from organising attack. But its hard if you are one man with teammates who cant defend against 10 opponents. Have you been watching how horrendus Rudiger, Zouma, Kepa, Alonso, Jorgi are in defensive actions? David Luiz bad. Its just that they are all so bad it has become a standard and they dont stand out that much anymore when making mistake after mistake.

I just dont get why should we is a need to sell a DM who is still easily among the top 10 in the world. 

20 hours ago, King Kante said:

So one bad season in terms of form/injuries/adjustments and we're ready to sell ... seriously

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

4 simple reasons why

1. he soon is 30yo (right when winter ends), and this is the last summer we can get massive cash/swap value for him, his value plummets after this summer (unless we squeeze out a January last ditch swap/sale)

3. He simply is a square peg in a round hole in many of Lampard's formations, especially a 3 man MF where he is on the right, Lamp's ramming him back in fucked us up badly in mid-season in many games

4. The 4 teams who are most interested in him all have players we both need and should dearly covet via a swap or a swap + cash if needed (Varane, Marquinhos, Giménez or Oblak, Skriniar) it certainly cannot hurt to clandestinely ask them if they are open to any sort of deal

Yes he has been injured this season but that doesnt mean he carry on in the same way. 

Yes he would get decent amount of money to balance our books ... but would that same money buy us the experience which Kante has! Are we that type of club who is worried about balancing the book by sending out their best players! 

For me Kante brings balance to the team not only by the way he plays but the way he conducts and his experience. I mean we would already have players who r looking up to him. In terms of age and injuries, next season it seems we will have a big squad and with 5 subs we get different types of profile from every player ... smart rotation would mean that we have a fresh squad throughout. And more importantly, whoever comes in to replace him is no where the level he is ... still one of the best DM. 

2 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

I just dont get why should we is a need to sell a DM who is still easily among the top 10 in the world. 

So one bad season in terms of form/injuries/adjustments and we're ready to sell ... seriously

Yes he has been injured this season but that doesnt mean he carry on in the same way. 

Yes he would get decent amount of money to balance our books ... but would that same money buy us the experience which Kante has! Are we that type of club who is worried about balancing the book by sending out their best players! 

For me Kante brings balance to the team not only by the way he plays but the way he conducts and his experience. I mean we would already have players who r looking up to him. In terms of age and injuries, next season it seems we will have a big squad and with 5 subs we get different types of profile from every player ... smart rotation would mean that we have a fresh squad throughout. And more importantly, whoever comes in to replace him is no where the level he is ... still one of the best DM. 

TBF, I dont think its even a popular opinion amongst the fans. Most of us understand the importance of having KANTE in the team. Just need him fit for next season. FIngers crossed.

1 minute ago, Puliiszola said:

TBF, I dont think its even a popular opinion amongst the fans. Most of us understand the importance of having KANTE in the team. Just need him fit for next season. FIngers crossed.

Some one mentioned that he is loved but we still need to sell him. I feel there is not only sentimental value but others values as well which benefit the team.

13 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Some one mentioned that he is loved but we still need to sell him. I feel there is not only sentimental value but others values as well which benefit the team.

Exactly. Plus its not that we even have a decent enough solution/replacement that we can simply sell him. 

In this market, finding a buyer for him will be tough as he will demand a triple digit or very high 2 digit million pound fee. And while I do rate declan rice, he will cost as much as we sell kante and lets be fair, be a downgrade to him. 

36 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

4 simple reasons why

19 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Exactly. Plus its not that we even have a decent enough solution/replacement that we can simply sell him. 

In this market, finding a buyer for him will be tough as he will demand a triple digit or very high 2 digit million pound fee. And while I do rate declan rice, he will cost as much as we sell kante and lets be fair, be a downgrade to him. 

There is a golden rule in football. When a player's legs go, make sure he is not on your books. We should really internalise this. Sell players exactly or shortly after the end of their prime.As you see your own players every day you know exactly when their powers start to wane. Outsiders who are not as ITK might still bid a ton of money for them.

As all of us I really like the guy but Kante has been knee-deep into decline for two years now. He already started showing signs of it in the last Conte season. Sarri ran him into the ground and aggravated his injury. He has not been the same since. In truth we look much more fluent without him, having only lost 2 games in his absence all season. And I dont think our midfield is majorly at fault for the goals we concede but rather defense and Kepa. When he plays we win balls back earlier but we can not really play out from the back. He also does not carry the ball out of defense with his trademark dribblings anymore. given his physical characteristics are so vital for his style of play, once his pace goes and it has been on its way out for two years now, he is not that useful anymore.

The only reason to keep Kante would be if we fail to get an adequate replacement and if no one makes a decent enough bid (80m+ pounds obviously)