Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Question..... and it may seem silly. But even though we have an impending transfer ban, could we sign players and just not register them by sending them back on loan? I am wandering if there is a loop hole. Im thinking young players who maybe need 2 years to develop before being first team ready. Neres for example. (buy him and send him back to Ajax for 18 months while we go through three transfer windows). Obviously a long shot because most players might not be interested in this type of deal. Just doing my best Ed Sheeran impersonality by thinking out loud. :) 

1 hour ago, BigMabz said:

Question..... and it may seem silly. But even though we have an impending transfer ban, could we sign players and just not register them by sending them back on loan? I am wandering if there is a loop hole. Im thinking young players who maybe need 2 years to develop before being first team ready. Neres for example. (buy him and send him back to Ajax for 18 months while we go through three transfer windows). Obviously a long shot because most players might not be interested in this type of deal. Just doing my best Ed Sheeran impersonality by thinking out loud. :) 

I think Barcelona did something like that. 

They bought someone and loan him. After the ban passed they register him. 

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

City now signing Cancelo from Juve. That is Walker & Cancelo for Right back. 

This is just getting more and more depressing. 

And thats why they wont win CL with Pep for next 15 years.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

And thats why they wont win CL with Pep for next 15 years.

Honestly, league performance is almost always a better barometer of how top a team is. And City have proven that. Yes they have underperformed at times in CL. But i know you love to take every opportunity to hate on pep and city.

6 hours ago, Fernando said:

I think it was Arda Turan If I'm not mistaken but it was just 6 months.

18 hours ago, Fernando said:

They bought Arda Turan and Aleix Vidal but did not send them on loan - they were training with team till january.

14 hours ago, Miguelito said:

Honestly, league performance is almost always a better barometer of how top a team is. And City have proven that. Yes they have underperformed at times in CL. But i know you love to take every opportunity to hate on pep and city.

Depth is enormously important for league play, they have elite players like Sane who is fighting for playing time. While at others club he would be no question guaranteed starter. They had KDB who was out for good part of the season, and they did not miss a beat. In a long season City are champions because of their depth not necessary their quality against the best. 

4 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Depth is enormously important for league play, they have elite players like Sane who is fighting for playing time. While at others club he would be no question guaranteed starter. They had KDB who was out for good part of the season, and they did not miss a beat. In a long season City are champions because of their depth not necessary their quality against the best. 

Deleted because it made me sound an even bigger pratt than usual. Apologies to anyone who read it before I saw sense and hushed it up 

On 06/06/2019 at 6:42 PM, BigMabz said:

I'm sure workarounds can be found but I don't think it's possible the way you described. I think we'd have to register a player before we can complete an outgoing temporary transfer for him. On the other hand, I can't see how FIFA could stop us signing a binding contract now with a player and his club saying that he would be transferred to us in summer 2020.

Shit. Icardi and Lukaku are going to swap clubs, aren't they? Conte has always fancied Rom and he's surely leaving United this summer.

Just our fucking luck that a proper top class striker that I've desired for years is officially available and we are banned. The Hazard money could go straight to Inter for Icardi.

Shit. Icardi and Lukaku are going to swap clubs, aren't they? Conte has always fancied Rom and he's surely leaving United this summer.
Just our fucking luck that a proper top class striker that I've desired for years is officially available and we are banned. The Hazard money could go straight to Inter for Icardi.
The whole package is drama we don't need. I've been one of his biggest fans too, but Wanda has far too much say nowadays.

Someone like Haller is of more interest.