Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

On 03/12/2018 at 7:49 AM, shrenshah said:

Just buy Timo Werner, Hirving Lozano and any one of Ousmane Dembele/Pulisic/Bailey...

Our attack will be sorted for years to come..

Werner, Dembele, and Pulisic would cost around £275m. Zero chance we sell enough deadweight to pay for that. Lets say we get get £137.5m for Eden (a pipedream as he will only have 10 months left on contract at end if summer window). That still leaves us £137.5m short PLUS we would still REALLY need a WC CB and probably upgrades at LB and RB. For sure LB as I think Reece James can come in and take over from Azpi in 2 years or so. Kets just say for Arguments sake a WC CB and WC LB cost an additional £112.5m. That means even after selling Eden, we would need to generate 250 million MORE quid in sales to make it net zerp, or £150m in sales IF Roman tosses in £100m cash.

That isnt happening. Plus, don't forget, we might be under the cosh of a 2 year transfer ban (and probably European footie as well) by next summer.

Finally, the real stake is that the board truly rates Luiz, Alonso, Azpi (at RB) Willian, Pedro and I still think even Morata (I really do think Marina rates him still) as more than good enough for Sarri.

Bottom line, don't get yer hopes up at all. 

I think the ABSOLUTE best we can hope for (assuming bans coming) is we somehow magically pull RW Nicolas Pepe, Seb Haller (Frankfurt CF) and CB Romagnoli from AC Milan and loan them back until summer to make sure the deals go down in January before the bans can hit. Would love to grab LW Chiesa and LB Firpo too, but that's simply too much to ask. Hell just those first 3 are never going to probably happen.

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

Werner, Dembele, and Pulisic would cost around £275m. Zero chance we sell enough deadweight to pay for that. Lets say we get get £137.5m for Eden (a pipedream as he will only have 10 months left on contract at end if summer window). That still leaves us £137.5m short PLUS we would still REALLY need a WC CB and probably upgrades at LB and RB. For sure LB as I think Reece James can come in and take over from Azpi in 2 years or so. Kets just say for Arguments sake a WC CB and WC LB cost an additional £112.5m. That means even after selling Eden, we would need to generate 250 million MORE quid in sales to make it net zerp, or £150m in sales IF Roman tosses in £100m cash.

That isnt happening. Plus, don't forget, we might be under the cosh of a 2 year transfer ban (and probably European footie as well) by next summer.

Finally, the real stake is that the board truly rates Luiz, Alonso, Azpi (at RB) Willian, Pedro and I still think even Morata (I really do think Marina rates him still) as more than good enough for Sarri.

Bottom line, don't get yer hopes up at all. 

I think the ABSOLUTE best we can hope for (assuming bans coming) is we somehow magically pull RW Nicolas Pepe, Seb Haller (Frankfurt CF) and CB Romagnoli from AC Milan and loan them back until summer to make sure the deals go down in January before the bans can hit. Would love to grab LW Chiesa and LB Firpo too, but that's simply too much to ask. Hell just those first 3 are never going to probably happen.

The bit in bold is exactly what needs to happen, and I don't mean those actual players but more we need to spend very big.

We have to sell deadwood, they have to be moved on ASAP no ifs buts or maybe's at all.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

The bit in bold is exactly what needs to happen, and I don't mean those actual players but more we need to spend very big.

We have to sell deadwood, they have to be moved on ASAP no ifs buts or maybe's at all.

I totally agree but I have zero faith in the board to be able to pull it off in the compressed time frame. They have foot-dragged for years. Don't see it all changing now in one month.

Just now, Vesper said:

I totally agree but I have zero faith in the board to be able to pull it off in the compressed time frame. They have foot-dragged for years. Don't see it all changing now in one month.

I don't think we will buy anyone in January, we are not that ambitious and the players we are crying out for won't be available.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I don't think we will buy anyone in January, we are not that ambitious and the players we are crying out for won't be available.

It will not help us this season but the best approach to getting top class players in January is to buy them now, and loan them back to the old club until summer.

47 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

If its true, wtf?

We want to replace Azpi before we replace Alonso? 

And with fucking hysaj of all people. 

Hysaj is decent mate. Azpi is a rock defensively but he lacks the ability on the ball to play FB in Sarris system. 

Chelsea continuing to closely monitor Everton striker Richarlison — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/12/6/18128851/chelsea-continuing-to-closely-monitor-everton-striker-richarlison-report

Yeah that seems about right for our club , there was some talk buying him 2 years ago for 10-15 mill lol probly 50mill now!

Eden Hazard agreement

Eden Hazard has reached a "total agreement" with Real Madrid, with Marco Asensio and Mateo Kovacic potentially going the other way, shock reports in Spain claim.

Spanish outlet Telemadrid claim Real have an agreement with Hazard, with talks with Chelsea at an advanced stage.

They add that Kovacic, currently on loan at Chelsea, and Asensio could head to the Blues on a permanent basis in a swap deal.

Real are willing to fork out £89m (€100m) and include the two players in the part-exchange to sweeten the deal.

Christian Pulisic decision

Christian Pulisic has no intention of leaving Borussia Dortmund, The National claims.

The USA international is a target for both Liverpool and Chelsea, while Manchester United have also been linked with the winger.

However, The National say the 20-year-old is grateful to Dortmund for handing him his big break in Europe.

The news will come as a big blow to Liverpool and Chelsea who are big admirers of Pulisic.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If its true, wtf?

We want to replace Azpi before we replace Alonso? 

And with fucking hysaj of all people. 

That news piece suggested Hysaj is there to replace Zappacosta.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Hysaj is decent mate. Azpi is a rock defensively but he lacks the ability on the ball to play FB in Sarris system. 

Yeah but Alonso? :lol: 

11 minutes ago, mccg said:

Christian Pulisic decision

Christian Pulisic has no intention of leaving Borussia Dortmund, The National claims.

The USA international is a target for both Liverpool and Chelsea, while Manchester United have also been linked with the winger.

However, The National say the 20-year-old is grateful to Dortmund for handing him his big break in Europe.

The news will come as a big blow to Liverpool and Chelsea who are big admirers of Pulisic.

:lol: 

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah but Alonso? :lol: 

He needs to be replaced a.s.a.p. but i feel we should give Emerson a proper go, I really do. I still can't get over the fact we had Felipe Luis and let him go soo easily.