The Official Transfer Wishlist

Quentin53

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The January window is vital if we want to finish in the top 4..

Agreed, we have no chance at all in top 4 if we don't spend. It's actually getting worrying, usually we can beat teams like Fulham, Wigan even when we play bad, but now were playing so bad we arent even beating them. So it's halfway through the season, and if Arsenal win (which they will), we get kicked to 5th. Shocking isn't even the word.

Where did you get that from?

Sry, I didn't have it correctly. This is the correct version of my thoughts: Every team is only allowed to be cash negative up to 45m till 2014. From 2014 until 2017 teams are only allowed to be have a minus up to 30m at the end of this period.

So if we buy new players worth 150m in January we have to earn atleast 105m till 2014 or we will be suspended from all European tournaments and be relegated, from what I heard.

The FFP starts coming into affect this summer i think, which means January is the last chance to "free spend",a chance we should have took in the summer.

Although i have heard so many different "rules" about FFP, it has so many holes. Would not suprise me in the slightest if it gets scrapped altogether.

The FFP starts coming into affect this summer i think, which means January is the last chance to "free spend",a chance we should have took in the summer.

Although i have heard so many different "rules" about FFP, it has so many holes. Would not suprise me in the slightest if it gets scrapped altogether.

I thought it was supposed to be starting by the beginning of calendar year 2012... Yeah, it seems to be very complicated and not that easy to understand because no one really knows about the real rules, hence, talking about upcoming transfers seems to be also not easy as it was in the past

Even if AVB got sanctioned the 150m "war chest", I dont think we need to make panic buys in the Jan window. We all know how they turn out! Get a CB (which we are getting) and a CAM/winger. The overhaul can be left out for the summer, when we will obviously have better pricing and, more importantly, more options in players to choose from. As far as finishing in the top 4 is concerned, I think we can pull it off. Remember our position post-Jan last season and where we ended. We have a better squad this time around. But, we do need an exodus of demotivated (read older) players and inflow of rich and hungry talent in the summer, if we need to claim our spot among the top of Europe.

Gary Cahill (done it seems anyway)

Gonzalo Higuain think hes a top player Or Pato again think hes a top player also

might be a shock but i really think Charles N'Zogbia would do good at Chelsea and could be cheep good winger too

i still want Modric but doubt it will happan, cant really think of anyone we can get in January, theres load of player i want but just trying to think of players we could get if we went for them.

Firstly just thought I'd post this BBC interview with Boas which has AVB saying that this 140mill' thing is a lie. Here's the full link below.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/16332860.stm

In regards to the topic I'd definitely say we need 2-3 players, of those we would need at least one true WC player. By that I mean a Hazard/Pato/Higuan/Cavani/Lucas R, nowadays we lack that game changing player (Lampard, Torres etc are all only possible game changers on their day) Teams like Barca, Real, AC a filled with them I'd say we probably only have Mata & (Sturridge), which sometimes just isn't enough.

We obviously need a CB with Alex going, and it seems likely that it will be Cahill (in my opinion he is very solid, but we could spend less and buy a potentially more talented player from abroad - like what we did with Romeu)

And obviously we lack a midfielder who can make things happen on a regular basis. I'm not sure exactly who this should be tbh, Modric is a very good player no doubt, but I don't think we should dish out the 40+million that's being quoted. Moutinho is possibly a better option being a whole year younger and for almost half the price. But perhaps even better than those, I'd like to see us go for someone on the level of Eriksen for example - young, talented and definitely one which will bring a higher future value if needed.