• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In:

Azpilicueta

Adam Johnson

Alexandre Pato

Luka Modric

Mats Hummels

And the natural and unlikely inclusions of Mario Gotze and Eden Hazard.

Joao Moutinho, Rolando and Varela are targets from Porto, but fuck Porto, they hate us.

Out:

Anelka (Done)

Malouda

Alex

Kalou

...Torres. I have always liked him, but I don't think he is in AVB's plans. Though I'm probably wrong.

And to all those who want Gary Cahill, I have two words for them; Scott Dann - He may only have one testicle now, but he still has more balls than Gary Cahill.

Messi, Ronaldo for both wings! Torres and Stu can play rotation in the middle and we can sit Mata behind them! Might work well.

Seriously but i got no idea. Someone with a creative mind and a decent backup defender.

Realistically :

• A striker - Whatever his name, as long as he is able to score goals...

• A winger - could it be left or wright, someone in the mould of Hazard, Neymar, etc..

• A creative midfielder - Since those chikens are ahead of us in the table, to get Modric is impossible.. So I want us to look towards La Masia, and try this Sergi Roberto

• A right back -

PS : considering Alex is leaving, a center back wouldn't be a luxury.. Though I changed my mind on Cahill, I'd rather us to wait till the summer and call back Bruma, who I think will be better than Cahill in a short time.

I think a lot of fans are expecting 3 or 4 big transfers. I wouldn't expect more than one, maybe two.

Hazard will cost a LOT. Just won another award: best foreign player in the Ligue 1. His individual prices are even more impressive than when Benzema left the Ligue 1, so again, not going cheaply.

I think a lot of fans are expecting 3 or 4 big transfers. I wouldn't expect more than one, maybe two.

Well, if we do not get at least three players in January (either we buy them or we promote them form the academy), I would be quite worried.

If you look at it, Anelka has already signed for this chinese team. Alex is out of the team. Kalou has handed a transfer request while Malouda plays less and less. Plus those two are - according to journos - on their way out in the winter. And finally, Josh McEachran is more than likely to go out on loan. At the moment, our team has 26 players (I've counted Essien). So, our team could go from 26 players to 23 (at least since Anelka, Alex and at least one of Malouda/Kalou/Josh will leave) or 21 (if all the players I mentionned above will leave). In those 23 (at best) players, we can really only rely on 20 of them, since there are two back-up goalkeepers and Feirrera who is no more a player, but a translator.

At the start of the season, we were already a very tinny squad, so let alone what we will be at the start of February if we don't do a good mercato... Hence if think the board would be insane and careless if he doesn't buy at least two players.

Well, if we do not get at least three players in January (either we buy them or we promote them form the academy), I would be quite worried.

If you look at it, Anelka has already signed for this chinese team. Alex is out of the team. Kalou has handed a transfer request while Malouda plays less and less. Plus those two are - according to journos - on their way out in the winter. And finally, Josh McEachran is more than likely to go out on loan. At the moment, our team has 26 players (I've counted Essien). So, our team could go from 26 players to 23 (at least since Anelka, Alex and at least one of Malouda/Kalou/Josh will leave) or 21 (if all the players I mentionned above will leave). In those 23 (at best) players, we can really only rely on 20 of them, since there are two back-up goalkeepers and Feirrera who is no more a player, but a translator.

At the start of the season, we were already a very tinny squad, so let alone what we will be at the start of February if we don't do a good mercato... Hence if think the board would be insane and careless if he doesn't buy at least two players.

Great post, I think AVB may surprise us with his signings, like the Romeu one.

Also has it been confirmed that Kalou has handed in a transfer request?

Great post, I think AVB may surprise us with his signings, like the Romeu one.

Also has it been confirmed that Kalou has handed in a transfer request?

It isn't wroten black on with on the official website, but I think it's safe to say it is official according to the following link :

Yeah, it does seem we have been lurking around La Masia recently, wouldn't be surprising if we make another Romeu-a-like deal.

It isn't wroten black on with on the official website, but I think it's safe to say it is official according to the following link : http://forum.talkche...ing/page__st__0

Yeah, it does seem we have been lurking around La Masia recently, wouldn't be surprising if we make another Romeu-a-like deal.

Hmm if Kalou is going now, we definitely need more than 1-2 players.

We may need a striker as well, hopefully Lukaku can step up seeing as he is doing well in the reserves.

Yes, could it be in January or during the summer will need a striker, even if Lukaku is getting a more important role in the first team.

Comes the end of the season, Anelka, Kalou and Drogba won't any more be wearing our blue shirt. It leaves us with three players labelled as striker, i.e. Lukaku, Sturridge and Mr 50m pound. Danni isn't considered by both the board and André as a striker. Boas has even said he wanted to make him his long term right winger, if I do recall correctly. The Ladyboy has produced nothing for the year he has passed with us, he is bound to finish the season like he started it - thus we can't rely on him. And considering the latest games, André seems to not be satisfied with him. Do the math - we will be short both in number and in quality. Hence, to pair a Higuian/Pato/Cavani with Lukaku would be a good idea, in my honest opinion. The question is when we will need this new striker (January or in the summer ?).

We have another option, which is to make Sturridge our number one striker. Though, by doing this we will only move the problem..

Hmm if Kalou is going now, we definitely need more than 1-2 players.

Yep. I think we need at least to buy two players, ideally a midfielder and a striker/winger. And on the other hand, we should promote one or two players from our academy. And keep in mind that Gaël Kakuta will come back in January.

In my opinion the perfect timing to buy in (relatively cheap) belgian talents before their prices go through the ceiling!!

• A striker - Of course there is already Lukaku. Unfortunately we don't have other good strikers at the moment :)

• A winger - Kevin Debruyne: Get him in before he's worth more than 10 million euro's!

- Moussa Dembele: The best time to nick him away at Fulham. Now or never since a move to tottenham or another club would raise his transfer sum a lot!

• A creative midfielder - Eden Hazard: I know Hazard will not come cheap... However in my opinion he will be worth it. 50 million is also exagerated! The Lille coach just wanted to back off the interest this summer. 25-35 Million looks to be a more realistic price for Eden!

-Dries Mertens: Very talented young player that sometimes reminds me of Messi. Of course he's still far from Messi's level. But if you want to buy a creative midfielder with a potential to become an amazing european top talent => Mertens is the one! At the moment he's the most productive player in Dutch Eredivisie (PSV) scoring 13 goals & giving 9 assists! Could also be seen as a cheaper alternative for Hazard.

All four above are creative midfielders that can play as winger too!

• A central back - Jan Vertonghen: He will go for a sum around 10 Million I think. Has the potential to become the next Vermaelen.

Is it true that Mourinho is losing patience with Ozil? Or is that just more rumour mill bullshit?

It seems AVB is a tad frugal and Wenger like when it comes to transfers. He will shell out a bit of the cash but prefers to go for the younger lads worth under £15 million. I expect one or two marquee signings and a number of up and comers.

Here's what would happen in my dreamland.

out: Anelka, Alex, Kalou, Malouda, Torres, Bosingwa.

in: Cavani, Hazard, Vargas, Modric, Azpiquliesaatsata

money spent 40+40+15+40+20 = 155m :toke:

money earned 5+7+7+7+15+4=40m

making it 115million! 'Arry would be proud :D

That would leave us with 4 wingers, 2 strikers, - when DD leaves Lukaku as backup.

Drogba to leave at the end of the season with Essien.

Now that is my dreamland...in real word I expect 2 signings, someone from De Bruyne, Vargas, La Massia hopeful and Cahill with the added departures of Malouda and Kalou if the club finds suitable available replacements.