• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anelka and Malouda Out------> Hazard in

Gotze/Lucas In

Bosingwa out--------> New RB in

I would rather say;

OUT: Anelka, Malouda and Alex - IN: Hazard/Götze, Moutinho, Cahill and a right back.

I do realise that all those signings can't happen in January, so I would save Hazard/Götze or a right back for the summer.

I would rather say;

OUT: Anelka, Malouda and Alex - IN: Hazard/Götze, Moutinho, Cahill and a right back.

I do realise that all those signings can't happen in January, so I would save Hazard/Götze or a right back for the summer.

Why Moutinho? Essien will be back very soon so I don't see any real need for a CM. A RW/LW, CAM and RB is Crucial in order to get better IMO.

Also it's important that we should be going for the Bigger name targets Like Hazard, Gotze, but if we miss out on them there are still other options

a Winger: Hulk, Gaitan, Lavezzi, Krasic, Lucas

CAM: Lucas, Kagawa, Honda, Eriksen, Sneijder, Modric

So there are Plenty of options, we need to get at least one of them. If not we really sould be using Josh more

Why Moutinho? Essien will be back very soon so I don't see any real need for a CM. A RW/LW, CAM and RB is Crucial in order to get better IMO.

Also it's important that we should be going for the Bigger name targets Like Hazard, Gotze, but if we miss out on them there are still other options

a Winger: Hulk, Gaitan, Lavezzi, Krasic, Lucas

CAM: Lucas, Kagawa, Honda, Eriksen, Sneijder, Modric

So there are Plenty of options, we need to get at least one of them. If not we really sould be using Josh more

Isn't VDV their CAM? Thought Modric was more of an deeplying playmaker, but I could have been mistaken. We can't be sure that Essien will walk into our squad like nothing has changed, I don't think he will be as good as before tbh, but sure, I do have hope for him. If we get Hazard or Götze I would deffinetely give Mata the place as an CAM. Furthermore, it's not necessary to buy one of the bigger names. Look at Mourinho, he didn't build a team out of big stars. He built a team out of the style the players will contribute with and their hunger of being a big team. But I do agree, it would be an hell of a signing if we could get Götze or Hazard. :D

Isn't VDV their CAM? Thought Modric was more of an deeplying playmaker, but I could have been mistaken. We can't be sure that Essien will walk into our squad like nothing has changed, I don't think he will be as good as before tbh, but sure, I do have hope for him. If we get Hazard or Götze I would deffinetely give Mata the place as an CAM. Furthermore, it's not necessary to buy one of the bigger names. Look at Mourinho, he didn't build a team out of big stars. He built a team out of the style the players will contribute with and their hunger of being a big team. But I do agree, it would be an hell of a signing if we could get Götze or Hazard. :D

Really good post! I think you're right in the sense that it doesn't take a world class signing to change the situation of the team... it would of course make us look stronger on paper though, but as I said in my article a couple of days ago, if you can match AVB's philosophy with these players, you can get the team playing like champions... but do I think this can happen overnight... absolutely not!

Really good post! I think you're right in the sense that it doesn't take a world class signing to change the situation of the team... it would of course make us look stronger on paper though, but as I said in my article a couple of days ago, if you can match AVB's philosophy with these players, you can get the team playing like champions... but do I think this can happen overnight... absolutely not!

Agreed. Look at Inter's treble winning side with Mourinho, they did not have a single player that was playing out-of-this-world football, but what they did have is the understanding of the coach's vision and the tactical discipline to bring it to life. That's why, imo, consistency in the managerial staff is vital to a teams success. It takes time to get players to play like the manager wants them to.

^ Sneijder :P

Sneijder was putting in world-class performances because he is a world-class player. Put Inter were by no means a one man show like Milan and Kaka when they won the CL in 2007 or like Real Madrid and Ronaldo are now.