Tottenham 1-1 Chelsea

James

I don't want Torres any were near the first team in this game, this is the exact type of game he will be bullied and he will disappear. Drogba needs a rest too so i think we should try not having a striker :lol: with Mata, Sturridge, and Malouda with them all changing positions and making runs in between the fullback and centre back.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Torres?

Drogba showed he can step up to the big occasion v. City. Torres shows otherwise, i.e. v. Arsenal.

Guess Torres did not step up to Man U by the same token.IMO who ever starts needs to step up the whole side! We are playing like a dysfunctional family

Au Blues I don't see Torres giving the Spurs defence a problem in anyway shape or form. I would rather the unpredictable Lukaku because Torres will be a one season wonder and we need as much money back from him as possible. I still think PSG would pay about 20 million for him now if we were to sell and that is a good sum. Liverpool got 15 million for Robbie Keane in the January window and that was a good bit of business for Liverpool. Basically what's happened is AVB has seen that this guy is finished in training so he can't take the risk in doing a sheva. We might as well blame it on tactics and a loss of confidence ! Our priority should be to get as much money back from this ladyboy as possible

Ultra blue ,

Opinions differ nevertheless no need carry on as you are I mean come on a ladyboy? Torres has not performed for Chelsea for what ever reasons but nevertheless hes not a one season wonder! Have a look at his whole career.

What is obvious is that if he is to be part of the future he needs to get time on the pitch.Drogba has looked lame over the last two matches specifically since he had that twinge on the hammy so perhaps fresh legs and a pissed of striker fighting for his career is what we might see.

We didn't see much last night did we?

@AUBlues I don't like him and i think that's clear for everyone to see. He's not a Chelsea player, he's a foreigner, his heart belongs somewhere else and i don't think he even knows where ! I hope Danny gets a run through the middle in January and buries this 50 million pound ladyboy.

- Drogba has only 2 PL goals. He must leave at the end of the season.

- We werent back in the title race after winning against City, we are not in the title race, we are in next CL place race, and if we lose against Spurs we will be left in a really bad situation.

Sometimes in football a couple of good results makes people forget half of a season, the problems, the changes that are needed and our real situation.

Na don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Drogba has to stay or anything like that. I'm simply saying he ahead of Torres for now.

Remember last season when Drogba was left on the bench and we were 1-0 down. He came off and we could've won 2-1 if he buried that penalty, but we still managed to get the draw. This is what I mean where he can suddenly become explosive in an instant moment, which Torres cannot at the moment.

Ivanovic

Terry

Luiz

Cole

Romeu

Meireles

Ramires

Sturridge

Drogba

Mata

If Romeu can have David Silva in his back pocket for 90 minutes then he should be able to do the same with Modric. Again, we will get destroyed with a high line by the likes of Bale, VDV etc. We should try to exploit Assou Ekottou because he is truly terrible. Sturridge and Mata will have him for breakfast

Luiz and Ramires are both musts for this game. I think Lamps should watch the game from the bench, whether he's acting like a diva, he's not bigger than the club and right now, although I absolutely adore him, needs to man up and act proffesional. Other matter that I don't give shit about is whether it's Torres or Drogba playin. Drogba did have few good games so had the ladyboy but IMHO they're both shit. In Danny and Mata I trust to win this game, just like whole season.

294860_Chelsea.jpg

Unorthodox..hasn't been used..but this makes the most sense to me...Lampard/Meireles are too inconsistent for me...and our midfield distribution is otherwise poor without any playmaker in the centre..heck they don't even help defend properly..we have been too reliant on our front three and full backs this season for creating chances..the only thing our midfield does is score from chances created by someone else...

So I go for this formation that makes use of our forwards and our full-backs...Opinions?

A key game for us and Spurs. We have to finish in the top four and Spurs will be one of our main rivals in that race. Key for Spurs because, it would seem, they actually might have slim aspirations of winning the league but, more realistically, also want to finish top four. Spurs are playing very well, they play an attractive style of football that is very quick and in Modric and Parker they have a quality midfield duo with penetration from Lennon and (more expertly) via Bale, they have also added a really talented striker this year in Adebayor, they are a very real threat.

There should be more space to exploit for us in this game than there was against Wigan so some of our flair players will probably enjoy this one more than the Wigan game, still though we have to play a whole lot better on Thursday than we did at the DW. I would go for (assuming these players are fit)

Cech

Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole

Ramires, Romeu, Meireles

Sturridge, Drogba, Mata

In terms of predictions? Im not confident, maybe we might get a draw, hopefully we can grab a win but we will have to be at our best to do that.

You can change the strike combo...but you have to admit, under the circumstances, our midfield is pretty poor and its best to have two wingers and two strikers...

It would be if we had two out and out wingers (ala Bale and Lennon) and two strikers who enjoy playing in a front two and who have showed sings of forming a lethal partnership, however that isn't the case, neither Drogba or Torres have ever been at their best playing as part of a front two, both are naturally lone strikers and when we have had the "joy" of seeing them play together it hasn't exactly been a masterclass of striking partnerships.

It would be if we had two out and out wingers (ala Bale and Lennon) and two strikers who enjoy playing in a front two and who have showed sings of forming a lethal partnership, however that isn't the case, neither Drogba or Torres have ever been at their best playing as part of a front two, both are naturally lone strikers and when we have had the "joy" of seeing them play together it hasn't exactly been a masterclass of striking partnerships.

Again, I say that this would be our best option since our midfield can rarely do anything but toss the ball from side to side...Mata and Sturridge haven't been exactly poor in the wide role...Besides, in the formation I mentioned, I was also referring to the full-backs joining in as wide attackers...The Drogba-Torres pairing is something we haven't seen this season, so I would like to see how it works given how we've tried almost everything else (besides playing McEachran in a league game of course)