Tottenham 1-1 Chelsea

James

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs are a good team don't get me wrong but we are seriously over-rating them.

Remember when we went to The Lane last year on horrific form but still dominated the game. Mata and Danny are too of the most on form players in the league and are up against 2 full backs who are dodgy defensively to put it nice.

I said before the game at The Lane last year we will do ok when every one around me was over-reacting and predicting a 3-0 loss at best and ill say it again we will do fine, if we can beat City we can certainly beat these.

Not confident about this one, though we will be lucky to get a point. I don't understand why AVB has given time to build Chelsea, whereas other former Chelsea's managers didn't. This is far the worst start by Chelsea under the Roman's era, yet AVB, who constantly makes tactical errors, is still given shitloads of chances to stick around and make 'magic' happens. He is no Mourinho, importantly, he doesn't deserve to manage a big team like Chelsea. I'm ready for any dispute with whoever supports the donkey, he needs to pack up his bags and get the fuck out of here. We need someone who knows what he is doing, definitely not some newbie who thinks he's da shit cause he won the league once with Porto.

Drogba definitely, he knows how to score against Tottenham. But if he's not good, then AVB should give Torres at least 20 minutes. If things remain this way for a longer period Torres definitely has no future in this club and should be sold in the summer.

Not confident about this one, though we will be lucky to get a point. I don't understand why AVB has given time to build Chelsea, whereas other former Chelsea's managers didn't. This is far the worst start by Chelsea under the Roman's era, yet AVB, who constantly makes tactical errors, is still given shitloads of chances to stick around and make 'magic' happens. He is no Mourinho, importantly, he doesn't deserve to manage a big team like Chelsea. I'm ready for any dispute with whoever supports the donkey, he needs to pack up his bags and get the fuck out of here. We need someone who knows what he is doing, definitely not some newbie who thinks he's da shit cause he won the league once with Porto.

Yes lets sack AVB and give Malouda and co "another chance".

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/11771-10-reasons-to-be-delighted-with-avb-so-far/page__p__320303#entry320303

Don't think Drogba was great V City bar the timewasting at the end which was genius, but the only problem is Drogba is nearly 34 played twice in the last week and didn't he play a charity match or something inbetween not sure?

Plus Drogba might start thinking he has got a sorted place if he gets picked after the shocker he had today.

Drogba will not becoming complacent when the occasion is there. It's like Alex says, when Torres is rubbish he disappears from games! He doesn't bother to get involved, he'll make a run now and then, lose out and drift out.

Drogba, on the other hand, will keep pushing and giving defenders hell.. Even if he's playing badly, he still gives defenders a nightmare. Certainly not one to risk the mood of Torres in.

I fully agree with the first part of your post and hugely disagree with the second. I don't understand the logic in sacking Carlo (a better manager), spending 13m to bring an inferior coach and give him time/money as opposed to Carlo. But what done is done, we can't afford to sack him and have no real need to do so unless the results really get abysmal and we end up in 8th spot come end of season.

Drogba will not becoming complacent when the occasion is there. It's like Alex says, when Torres is rubbish he disappears from games! He doesn't bother to get involved, he'll make a run now and then, lose out and drift out.

Drogba, on the other hand, will keep pushing and giving defenders hell.. Even if he's playing badly, he still gives defenders a nightmare. Certainly not one to risk the mood of Torres in.

What a bunch of lies. If Drogba isn't in the mood he is a liability and I can't believe you still haven't noticed.

No, I'm not advocating that Torres should start

I fully agree with the first part of your post and hugely disagree with the second. I don't understand the logic in sacking Carlo (a better manager), spending 13m to bring an inferior coach and give him time/money as opposed to Carlo. But what done is done, we can't afford to sack him and have no real need to do so unless the results really get abysmal and we end up in 8th spot come end of season.

I no Carlo hater (far from it) but i think we in general have forgotten just how horrific the football was last season.

I wanted Carlo to have one more season to fix it but their is no getting away from it, last season was rigic, static and horrible to watch.

What a bunch of lies. If Drogba isn't in the mood he is a liability and I can't believe you still haven't noticed.

I never said he's good when he's bad.. I said he's still more effective than Torres. When Torres has a bad day it's like being down to 10 men..

I never said he's good when he's bad.. I said he's still more effective than Torres. When Torres has a bad day it's like being down to 10 men..

Yeah cos Drogba lit up the lights today :doh:

I haven't seen him doing anything significant throughout the match. When he's motivated he is unplayable. When he's not, he's gone

I no Carlo hater (far from it) but i think we in general have forgotten just how horrific the football was last season.

I wanted Carlo to have one more season to fix it but their is no getting away from it, last season was rigic, static and horrible to watch.

It was better than watching expiriencd players make mistakes leading to goals in nearly EVERY single game we played. How has our conentration dropped so much that we are making schoolboy errors my local amateur team would only dream of.

Another scenario: what if JT was injured and couldn't proceed? One look at the bench and I can't see a single centreback on there. What would we do, shift ferreira in there? Now unless Alex has killed his wife, why isn't he on the bench?! Why are we taking these risks. Why the baffling substitutions? Why did it take half a season to discover that we can't play a high line? Why is our 50m man not getting a minute of gametime against weak opposition even though Drogba is well in his thirties and is tired?

I'm afraid AVB gets a 4/10 from me, all four points for the joy of Romeu, Mata and Sturridge.

- Drogba has only 2 PL goals. He must leave at the end of the season.

- We werent back in the title race after winning against City, we are not in the title race, we are in next CL place race, and if we lose against Spurs we will be left in a really bad situation.

Sometimes in football a couple of good results makes people forget half of a season, the problems, the changes that are needed and our real situation.

- Drogba has only 2 PL goals. He must leave at the end of the season.

- We werent back in the title race after winning against City, we are not in the title race, we are in next CL place race, and if we lose against Spurs we will be left in a really bad situation.

Sometimes in football a couple of good results makes people forget half of a season, the problems, the changes that are needed and our real situation.

Agree to some extent Drogba does have to go. I love him as much as the next Chelsea fan but this has to be his last season with us.

I admit were not in the title race now, i thought we were at the beggining but i was wrong i love lauding it when i am right so ill have my humble pie for being wrong but having said that i will be stunned if our CL place is under threat over the course of 38 games.

The mental side of sport is one that is really under-rated, even tho we were shocking last season when it looked our CL place was under serious threat we pulled our finger out of our arse and made sure it did not happen where-as Spurs crumbled and dropped points against relegation side's (i know we did yesterday but we don't do it often in comparison to Liverpool, Spurs and even Arsenal and that's the difference).

If we drop points in January against Swansea, Norwich and co then we should start thinking shit but right now we should just take yesterday as a bad day in the office.

the match will mostly be decided on how much mata and danny can peg their wingers back. i dont think assou-ketto,walker,corluka is good enough for both of them in one on one so i can see a lot of play from sturridge. to stop that they might might ask lennon and bale to fall back which will suite us. so lets hope mata does what he does best and danny continues his awesome run. come on chelsea....