Chelsea 2-1 Man City

BlueLion.

Just curious & we might have spoken about this topic earlier in the week. Would you receptive having Ferreira start the match??? Let him run for a half & see. He is a better defender than Bos IMHO. Bos offers more pace going forward.

To be honest you have an interesting point, but either way i don't like Ivanovic centre back either.

Just curious & we might have spoken about this topic earlier in the week. Would you receptive having Ferreira start the match??? Let him run for a half & see. He is a better defender than Bos IMHO. Bos offers more pace going forward.

To be honest you have an interesting point, but either way i don't like Ivanovic centre back either.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't surprise me, considering what Bosingwa doesn't offer us. He'll need a lot of support from Romeu/Mikel though, to make sure that wing won't be open-season for City.

I hope we start with the same team used against Valencia with the exception of Luiz of course! I think if we can produce a similar performance then a victory is very much possible!

In order to get something from this game then AVB must stick to the same tactics as against Valencia. Obviously with Luiz out I am sure Iva will be switched to CB and Bos coming in at RB.

The key will be keeping the side compact when we do not have the ball. Due to the lack of pace of the JT/Iva partnership, then Romeu could even sit in as a third CB and nulify the attacking runs of Silva and Nasri through the centre if they both play. Dzeko will be food and drink for JT but Balottelli or Augero will drop deeper to pull out one centre half. Mierlies and Ramires will need to keep an eye on Toure as he is a great allround midfield player and could hurt us. Mata and Sturridge will also need to be disciplined and keep the shape of the side on either flank, helping out Bos and Cole.

Going forward our best option is to utilise both Mata and Sturridge, Richards may be unfit so we could get some joy down that side.

I think Sturridge is our most important player for this game, thier left backs (Clichy and Kolarov) are not great defensively, so we need to use him as the outball every time. He defensive display will also be equally important as Bos will need help.

Let them come onto us and hit them on the counter with patience and discipline being the key.

Its going to absolutely piss it down and be very windy. not good playing conditions

THat would probally suit us more than City.

In order to get something from this game then AVB must stick to the same tactics as against Valencia. Obviously with Luiz out I am sure Iva will be switched to CB and Bos coming in at RB.

If he plays that back 4 we will lose a big game again.

"nervous wreck" thats what i am at the moment. plus i dont understand why we cant play alex? he has given his transfer request but it does mean that we cant play him and put paulo or bosi and lose one of the most important matches of the season. for me the team should be this

cech

iva alex jt cole

romeu

ramires raul

daniel mata

drogba

Lots of weird opinions, the fact is it's 50-50. We can lose, draw or win this game. I have no feelings about the game at all, it really could go either way. Man City have a ridiculous squad and their form is great but we can do em.

When we won our first title blitzing everyone, we lost 1 and that was to them and we were big favourites. Maybe we can dent their record.

Alright Lads

Just a quick update to my previous post looks like there will be no Richards tonight which is a big blow for us because he`s becoming our main attacking source! Just a shame Capello is a daft fucker.

You reckon whether Lampard will be playing tonight? Must say myself Romeu looks quality just a better version all round of Mikel.

Like Chelsea myself anyone who annoyed United for years are high up on my list. :yes: