Chelsea 2-1 Man City

BlueLion.

On to a bit of the negative -when I got back last night the measly medai were just going on about what an awful setback it was for Citeh, and how they should have put the game to bed, with absolute minimal emphasis on Chelseas fantastic performance.

The media have to appeal to the masses to make money, the masses don't want to read about how wonderful Chelsea are, they want to read about "crisis" "bust ups" "sackings" etc etc and there seems to be a deep seated resentment of Chelsea ever since Abramovich came in.

we shall hear for the next month how a penalty not given won the game for us....NEVER EXPECT much positive in the media...

ps to SKY please bring back Andy Fucking Gray ...or ANYONE in place ..of GABBY Gary..

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Result last night, Media is media. AVB has rubbed them up the wrong way, so fully expect to realise they will be critical of everything we do.

We need to dispatch of Wigan, then IMO the biggest game for 6 weeks against yids next Thursday. I genuienly think that game could provide us with alot of answers.

Course its about City nout about us..they seemed to inore the fact Mata had a couple of wacks as well...'they should be 2-0 up'..they might have missed and they werent...no one made a massive fuss either

They had chances when we went running around elsewhere and didnt take them...same with us! But we won :D but agree spotlight is more on them then us..despite them being unbeaten till now! 10 men or not that really made it more even with some of the players they had..

After the 2nd half though they were a bit crap! After 25 mins they were kinda crap.

Aww the Drogba and Merlies pic....seems to be so much team spirit at the moment as shown at the beginng and end of the game and hope its kept up!

Just remember coming into the room last night and my mum saying 'was gana joke and say City had already scored..then they went and did!'

Great win great result and massive boost!!

Just shows all needed is patience and faith and all.....AVB has turned it around last few weeks hopfully it can carry on

one issue that this match raises is super frank or raul. i seriously think there is no perfect answer. lampard showed his class with the pass to sturridge which eventually led to a penalty. that pass was simply unbelievable and deserves all the accolades but raul's energy is something which works in his favour. so the best thing to do would be rotation which i think even avb intends to do. as far as "big" matches are concerned, i do think lampsy would be more effective as a sub.

Just hope André's now realised, we can't pull off a high back line.

Also, that we need a quality right-back in January!

Why would we need a new expensive right back when we have one of the best in Bran? He's better at RB than CB, we should get a CB and a backup RB should bosingwa and Ferreira go.

There aren't any actual good right backs for decent prices on the market anyway. And don't dare think about saying Vdw, hes a carbon copy of bosingwa, but younger

Course its about City nout about us..they seemed to inore the fact Mata had a couple of wacks as well...'they should be 2-0 up'..they might have missed and they werent...no one made a massive fuss either

They had chances when we went running around elsewhere and didnt take them...same with us! But we won :D but agree spotlight is more on them then us..despite them being unbeaten till now! 10 men or not that really made it more even with some of the players they had..

After the 2nd half though they were a bit crap! After 25 mins they were kinda crap.

I don't think anyone on our team should of been sent, was it a penalty?, it's debatable, but as a referee i would give it, because Silva does go down from one tiny touch, it's very hard to get wiped off like that from one tiny touch, Bosingwa completely missed the ball and finally pulled his leg back in, very little contact, but the reason i would give it is because of the conditions, it was slippy and who knows i doubt it would of been on silva's side so it would of been hard to stay up at least.

Red card for Clichy was a must, Kompanies was the right decision, because a player must get a warning, two straight yellow cards like that is harsh, because i heard the first one was very soft wasn't it?, in that case he can't send him off. But very bad tackle on Mata, and it should definitely of been his final warning without doubt. First 30 minutes City could of went about 3-0 up, but ever since our goal, something changed, City didn't do anything after that, we where there all the time, and it was before Clichy got sent off. We were having little trouble getting into there half, but City were on the head of every one of our crosses, and it was very hard. And we couldn't seem to break into the box either unfortunately. City defended really well to be honest, Sturridge that was magic, and i'll tell you why because it was produced out of nothing, there was hardly any counter attack, Clichy and all the defenders were in position, and were prepared for the action, but Sturridge was just world class in that moment and raped him, and bang a well deserved goal.

But hey we won 2-1, City deserved a penalty, yes i believe they did, but decisions like this for us havent went our way either, and we've lost big games because of these stupid decisions, for example Man United two offside goals, not a penalty, and not a free kick for Ashley Young in the first place. And we at least deserved a point in that game. Arsenal, Walcotts goal had a huge effect, and it was never legal, no way was it a free kick in the first place, Walcott slipped and Cole didn't touch him. It was the same incident with Clint Dempsey and Glen Johnson last season. And last season we got a lot of our decisions ruled out, Evra's tackle for example?, could of had a chance to get a point which would of helped.

It's not for this to go our way for a while in a 'big game', we havent had it this season or last season, good to see it happen for once. However as the other clubs have said to us, get over it, and that's what they will have to do, we have 3 points, defeated the best team in the league and gained confidence. Should definitely have a comfortable win against Wigan.

one issue that this match raises is super frank or raul. i seriously think there is no perfect answer. lampard showed his class with the pass to sturridge which eventually led to a penalty. that pass was simply unbelievable and deserves all the accolades but raul's energy is something which works in his favour. so the best thing to do would be rotation which i think even avb intends to do. as far as "big" matches are concerned, i do think lampsy would be more effective as a sub.

Yep, thats the answer. About big matches, cannot agree with what you said about Lamps from a sub is better, i just trust AVB to decide who he thinks

will be more effective in each match. Yesterday AVB just did it perfectly, Raul was outstanding and franky came on and finished it. Bottom line,

we have two big playes in this position (imo Raul will show this season that he's better than everybody thinks..), im completely with avb on every decision

right now.

I cannot believe that the media are trying their hardest to take the win away from us. A win that we worked so hard for and deserved. The players and management deserve a lot of credit for that win. And yet it's all about that one decision.

Obviously they have to praise us a little after winning but what are the main stories coming out of the media? "City furious after penalty dispute" blah blah blah. Ridiculous.

Clattenburg overall was piss poor yesterday. No one is talking about Yaya Toure and his disgraceful kicks on Mata and Ramires. He didn't even get a yellow card in the entire game ffs. He makes at least 5 to 6 cynical challenges in the 2nd half alone and yet doesn't even get a damn yellow card. No one is talking about how Kompany was lucky not to get sent off. All they can remember from the 90mins is that one incident which went our way.

The commentary was so biased & disrespectful as well. In the first half, Alan Parry mentioned a number of times that he hopes that City players aren't given a red card because it would "ruin the game". After Clichy was off, he said "it's a pity" that he's off because "it's not an even contest anymore". ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! It's as if we openly bribed the referee into making that decision.

And I thought the build-up to the game where they were making us underdogs was way too excessive. Yes, we were the underdogs. I am not stupid enough to claim that we have a squad anywhere near as good as City's. But they were making it seem as if City were playing Doncaster Rovers.

For all the talent and strength in depth that City have atm, we still have a far superior team spirit and that shone through yesterday.

City were so arrogant after the first 15 minutes. They thought they were going to stroll to a win. What Toure did to Mata was out of pure arrogance. The way he lifted his hand to Mata's head and the smirk on his face. CUNT. We didn't roll over and die like what happened to Utd or other weaker teams. I'm glad our players realized as time was slowly passing that this team is a FAKE. For all their possession they created ONE chance.

Im still buzzing over last nights victory. We showed such spirit and character to get throught the bad run of results we have faced at the start of this season. The Media are always going to criticise, it's something AVB will eventually become accustomed to. Having said that i really like the way he handles himself and i tottally agree with the way he defends his and the clubs dignity!

Im beyond proud of our players and fans who last night were excellent! It feels great to be part of Chelsea Football Club always but even more at this moment and time!

KTBFFH!