Chelsea 2-1 Man City

BlueLion.

I felt that the performance last night was a sign that the players are really behind AVB, and in turn AVB is showing more flexibility in his methods. The fight against Valencia and particularly in this game was brilliant, and the crowd responded in turn as well.

I thought that Romeu once again was outstanding. He is so composed on the ball and shows real maturity in the holding position. At times I'm just willing him to give the ball a shoe in tight positions, but I think that's because we haven't had such a technically gifted player in that position since Maka (who's actual footballing ability I felt was always underrated). There is no doubt in my mind now that Romeu is our first choice in that position.

I was just as pleased with Meireles and Ramires. Chelsea have always had such a powerful midfield in the past and dominated teams accordingly, and I think Man City have replicated that to an extent. But our midfield showed real fight last night and superbly took control over City. Ramires for me is one of the first names on the teamsheet, his energy and pace breaking from deep is unparalleled in the premiership and he has taken over the box to box duties of Essien.

Again Mata and Sturridge were our most creative players and have brought a huge new impetus to our attacking play that was severely lacking last season.

And hats off to Lamps. He has to get used to not playing every week from now on - he'll be 34 at the end of the season. But he can still contribute at the very least for the next 18 months. His penalty was first class under enormous pressure and I believe he is now 25 goals away from beating Bobby Tambling's club goals record. I'm sure I'm not the only Chelsea fan that hopes to see him break that record.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally we really are seeing the true Chelsea. Yesterdays performance was brilliant but made to be even more brilliant as we were 1-0 down very early against the best team in the league and the first half an hour, we really were made to look rather average. The turn around was just fantastic, we went deeper again seeing as the high line wasn't working at all (AGAIN) and suddenly we dominated the game and yes, maybe Man City deserved a pen but the fact is that Cech woulda saved it and we were the better team and Man City should've had 3 red cards yesterday too, dirty fucking team.

I do get fed up with today's football, players moaning, the diving, the money, the officials but yesterday made me remember why i loved it in the first place. Yesterdays comeback, attitude and together made me realise how proud i am to support this great club. The manager is still learning as are some players but i think he knows the mistakes he did early on in the campaign and this last 2-3 weeks has been a different Chelsea, the old Chelsea, the REAL CHELSEA.

I feel a hell of a lot more confident about our prospects now almost like we've just started the season. We're upto third, Wigan away then a fucking massive game away to the yids. We're back on track and in style.

If we don't win the league, i would rather City win it tho due to me despising the other lot. Chelsea n Man City to be the 2 challengers, Man Utd's 20 year run comes to an end and Arsenal still go on and on trophy-less = perfect scenario.

You know I kept hearing about how we got outplayed in the first 20-25 min and all the time all I could say was: really? So I just watched the first 25 min of the game again and I have to say, saying City outplayed us is such an exaggeration. Don't get me wrong, City were the better side. We didn't create anything, except for the Drogba shot, but City only created two chances, the Balotelli goal and the Aguero shot which he should've converted. We had enough of the ball though our play in their half was too rushed and sloppy and we defended well, except for the moments I mentioned earlier. So to say we were outplayed is simply not true.

The thing was tho in the first 20 odd minutes, they hardly broke sweat to break us down. The passed freely, found spaces, created a couple chances and exposed us easily. It wasn't that they battered us but we looked to panic our way up the field a bit stuttery with shit passing and whereas they looked to confident and seemed to easily get from back to front. Their passing was really good in that first period of the game

We sorted ourselves out tho and dominated for an hour, very spirited fight back.

Ashley Cole said TAKE THAT to them in the tunnel hahaha lol thats funny! They were furious! :D

I really like that, it shows a sign of arrogance that I feel we've been lacking for the last 12-18 months. All the top teams have it, and all the top teams are used to facing up to the arrogance of the other top teams. It's something Man City have to learn.

On a separate note, I hope that the FA throw the book at Yaya Toure. After some of the crap our club has had to deal with this season, I hope this doesn't get swept under the rug. Toure should get a 3 match ban if not for the kick on Mata, but for the slap. There's not really any defence for it, and I hope the referee puts it in his notes as something he didn't see because they will then have to punish it.

Also I don't see any difference to the City players crowding the ref when Clichy was sent off to what Chelsea players did when Bosingwa was sent off at QPR, so that should also be a charge for failing to control their players.

I don't mind us being punished for wrongdoings if the other teams are given the same treatment so we'll wait and see.

I thought we played well enough at times last night but in fairness to citeh they play some lovely stuff. Great to see meireles score then super franky coming on to replace him and get the winner. Another good shift from studger too. Keep believing, keep the blue flag flying high

As usual...... :P

:D not much to complain about that, at least he was very positive about the game when he was interviewed before, all smileing and wanted the team to do well, if he didn't played in front of the camera, and all players have his mindset at the moment, we wwill do great things...

The thing was tho in the first 20 odd minutes, they hardly broke sweat to break us down. The passed freely, found spaces, created a couple chances and exposed us easily. It wasn't that they battered us but we looked to panic our way up the field a bit stuttery with shit passing and whereas they looked to confident and seemed to easily get from back to front. Their passing was really good in that first period of the game

We sorted ourselves out tho and dominated for an hour, very spirited fight back.

Yeah they were definitely the better side, no doubt about that. But many made it seem as if City were Barcelona-esque and that they were killing us. We were indeed poor with the ball where it mattered but we defended well, except for Joké Bosingwa, and they literally had just two chances.

The thing that makes a top player a top player is that even during a bad game he can change the scoreline with something unexpected out of nothing. And that's what Sturridge did, twice today, even if he was lucky for the second one. He also raped Clichy at every opportunity.

As for ivanovic being at fault for the goal, I disagree. There is a certain fullback who's supposed to be covering. Ivanovic had Milner to worry about and Bosingwa was alone with acres of space and no opposition player to mark other than Balotelli. So what did he do, he went in the other direction, that moment can only be summed up as :doh:

Absolutely agree with what bossy did there for their goal,he looks as though he stops to play the off side...get rid quick!!

For those who wanna see the match again its on espn3.com....And its good quality...Just thought to give the heads up...

Cheers its one of those games I wanna keep almost up there with thee Barca 4-2. Still buzzin' after last night....