Torres love or hate?

Ok I'm only writing this because it seems to be a running theme and let me say from the outset that I am 100% behind torres as long as he plays for chels. What he does for Spain I don't care and what he did for Liverpool doesn't interest me either, its the here and now that interests me. Torres is not playing well and in truth has not played well consistently since he arrived last January, anyone who is anyone can tell you that. Now I'm not on here to sway peoples minds about him (that's for him to do on the pitch) but what I am hoping is that in future when we go on to the match thread and someone expresses a feeling of discontent that torres didn't get on or maybe that they thought he doesn't deserve criticism that that person should be able to back one of our own players without being labled a torres fc fan or fanboy. It's getting boring now and I fail to understand why people who are supporters have such an easy time almost willing one of our players to fail. But as I said you can each make up your own minds about el Nino but surely we can hold fire on trying to segregate our own fans into pro or anti torres? Just a suggestion

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like El Nino, but my patience is wearing thin.

He needs to start scoring (I've said this like seven million times).

And I think the people who are under attack are the members who joined only cause Torres became a Chelsea player...namely R. Torres (or whatever her name is).

I really like El Nino, but my patience is wearing thin.

He needs to start scoring (I've said this like seven million times).

And I think the people who are under attack are the members who joined only cause Torres became a Chelsea player...namely R. Torres (or whatever her name is).

mate everyone's patience is wearing thin but I seen a fella in here the other night commenting on why torres wasn't on (a question I asked myself) next thing they were told to Fuck off torres fc or something to that effect! Let's just let it go

I feel sorry for the guy..with a 50m price tag you knew it was gana go wrong for him and it did! Under huge pressure every move and mistake critised and pulled apart by the media and press and others and just even when theres an open goal..he still cant score! Nothing works for him and when it does he gets benched or suspspended and back to sqaure one playing with little confidence

Like the guy he's done nout wrong he does look peed off rather then meh when he misses..just needs playing time!!!

We missed out on him when it seemed Jose really wanted him...and ended up with another Sheva situation

I really liked Torres before and I was very happy when we signed him, even though I knew it was a big risk.

I don't love him, but as he is a Chelsea player he has my support now. He hasn't done anything for the club yet unless eat our wage bill, put managers under pressure and bring lots of hatred towards us. I will never support him as I do players like Lampard, JT, Cech and Drogba who haven given to much to this club unless he starts showing us why did we pay 50m for him. If he doesn't he should simply leave...

He was playing well, then he got the suspesions, when he returned he played 1 game and then never played again. VB is doing a big mistake with his stupid red beard.

haha Henrique.

I don't love him anymore than the average Chelsea player, but I want him to do well so we don't end up a massive laughing stock.

yeh I got carried away on Wednesday, apologies. I spoke to the two or three people afterwards and understood that they weren't being torres fangirls/boys. It was just the frustration getting to me.

There may not be any Torres fangirls/boys here but other social networks (facebook, twitter, tumblr) are full of them and they're unbelievably annoying. A lot of them are the same people that add Chelsea, Liverpool & Man Utd all as "teams they support" :doh:

yeh I got carried away on Wednesday, apologies. I spoke to the two or three people afterwards and understood that they weren't being torres fangirls/boys. It was just the frustration getting to me.

There may not be any Torres fangirls/boys here but other social networks (facebook, twitter, tumblr) are full of them and they're unbelievably annoying. A lot of them are the same people that add Chelsea, Liverpool & Man Utd all as "teams they support" :doh:

I wasn't talking about anyone specifically, hope you don't think I'm pointing you out cause id no idea who said what

I wasn't talking about anyone specifically, hope you don't think I'm pointing you out cause id no idea who said what

Nope no worries. I realized my stupidity immediately after posting all those things when a couple of the people I "attacked" replied me and explained themselves. That bradthelegend or whatever had really wound me up with his nonsensical posts.

Becomes almost a year that Torres came to Chelsea

He is not showing his wonderful game that he make in Liverpool

Maybe not suit with our team

Im not Anti Torres but I hope he returns to the previous form whichwas in Liverpool, we need to support it Torres.

I love Fernando, and not in a 'your so sexy marry me' kinda way because I actually don't find him attractive. I'm just waiting for him to get back to his best. Tick tock, tick tock.

in truth most are, you can see what its like at the bridge when he scores or comes close ! It's the most animated we get at times.

Yeah this is just as stupid as the Torres-Drogba debate...

Heck, BOTH these players are here to help the club and not to compete against each other (at least not directly). On current form I would pick Sturridge and Drogba to lead the front two since they seem to link up very well, and because they can find each other in the final third with ease.

However, Torres has barely played in the last month, and has not been given a chance to play games on the trot (and I mean starting during games) so that he can pick up consistency.

Rotating your main strikers every time is NOT GOING TO WORK. This was what Harry Redknapp used to do with Crouch and Defoe. You only need to look at how successful Drogba and Anelka were for Carlo and how Rooney and Berbatov (when he was playing regularly last season) were good for Sir Alex, and now Van Persie for Wenger to see the benefits.

AVB should choose his best Strikers and best CB pair and stick with them for the rest of the season, till injuries/suspensions do them apart

Torres has been one of my favourite players since playing for Atletico Madrid (football manager might be a small reason). Every once in a while theres a player who is unique and makes you go "wow". Ronaldo, Messi, Xavi, Rooney, Torres. All of these players have that in common that they're unique abilities make them outstanding. Of course, Torres hasn't been showing it lately.

But I don't believe that a world class player can just lose they're abilities despite poor form. His talent is still there and all we can do is pray he starts showing it as soon as possible. I am certan that he will, it's just a question if we have enough patience to endure the time until he does. But Torres will be back, hopefully in a blue shirt.