Torres love or hate?

From now on it has to be Drogba leading our front three*. Even if he is also out of form, he is more usefull, and better, than Torres. Because he can take penalty/freekick/corner, he can play down the center and on the wing (which allows the switching of position), he is good at defending corner/freekick. And imo he has an understanding with everybody in the team, especially with Sturridge... A thing Torres doesn't seem to have.

* To be frank I'd rather Sturridge, but for now it is complicated to leave him off the wing.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing i cant understand in all of this though is why Torres is only getting a couple minutes at the end of games, almost like AVB doesn't even want him to be able to compete with Drogba lol.

We're up 3-0 against Wolves, and AVB isn't even planning on bringing him on till the fans started calling for him. wtf?

One thing i cant understand in all of this though is why Torres is only getting a couple minutes at the end of games, almost like AVB doesn't want him to be able to compete with Drogba lol.

We're up 3-0 against Wolves, and AVB isn't even planning on bringing him on till the fans started calling for him. wtf?

Maybe he wanted to keep him fresh and raring to go against Liverpool on Tuesday. If Torres does not start Tomorrow then I think AVB could be looking to out him from the club...

From now on it has to be Drogba leading our front three*. Even if he is also out of form, he is more usefull, and better, than Torres. Because he can take penalty/freekick/corner, he can play down the center and on the wing (which allows the switching of position), he is good at defending corner/freekick. And imo he has an understanding with everybody in the team, especially with Sturridge... A thing Torres doesn't seem to have.

Great post. I feel exactly the same.

it looks like Anelka is defo gone in Jan so I can sense a rebuild in the next transfer window. Obviously Anelka's spot free's up one space but his situation is alot different to Torres. Torres will be very difficult to shift, I cant see anyone buying him in the next window even if we made him available, but i could see a loan till the end of the season somewhere(with us still paying a % of his wages no doubt).

it looks like Anelka is defo gone in Jan so I can sense a rebuild in the next transfer window. Obviously Anelka's spot free's up one space but his situation is alot different to Torres. Torres will be very difficult to shift, I cant see anyone buying him in the next window even if we made him available, but i could see a loan till the end of the season somewhere(with us still paying a % of his wages no doubt).

Simular to Crespo a few years back. its a shame because all of the buzz when Torres joined has really no lived up to the hype.

A loan move for Torres is not easy as well. He won't agree to play for wigan or fullham and we can't afford to loan him to a team that is contesting the CL place like us. It has to be to a team not in the PL, most likely to Spain.

* To be frank I'd rather Sturridge, but for now it is complicated to leave him off the wing.

André has made correct decision playing Drogba over Torres. Proving the cost of Torres has no influence on his decision and also showing Roman is not picking the team-sheet (as has been suggested). Until Nando proves he should lead the line, Drogba should start.

Until Nando proves he should lead the line, Drogba should start.

I have no problem with Torres fighting for his position, that's the way it should be.

But how is he going to fight for his position by playing 13 mins against FUCKING Wolves? the weakest team we will play till January.

If it was Torres that started, he would have been taken off by the 70th minute mark for sure. Probably even before that.

with tevez goin to milan maybe, i hope we try n persuade milan to take torres aswel, offer a bucket load of cash and take ibrahimovic. Hed mbe my ideal front man in a 3, technically great, scores goal and is a born winner. I know hes 30 but hes fit, doesnt rely on pace and if he cud give us 2/3 years and bring lukaku on it could be a very shrewd move. AVB if your reading, DO IT and everyone can thank me after. :D

with tevez goin to milan maybe, i hope we try n persuade milan to take torres aswel, offer a bucket load of cash and take ibrahimovic. Hed mbe my ideal front man in a 3, technically great, scores goal and is a born winner. I know hes 30 but hes fit, doesnt rely on pace and if he cud give us 2/3 years and bring lukaku on it could be a very shrewd move. AVB if your reading, DO IT and everyone can thank me after. :D

Would've been awesome if we took him from Barcelona but now it's too late...we don't want another aged superstar in our team, especially Ibra, he is not an easy man.

One of the best forwards in this century though...

It's the strangest thing and I wont have a go at anyone for having it because up until recently I suffered from exactly the same thing. Since Torres joined I've desperately wanted to see him succeed, I've wanted him to play every minute possible in the hope that he might spark into life and I'll even admit that when Drogba or Anelka were on the teamsheet ahead of him I was actually disappointed and it did take some of the wind out of my sails, infact it was at the point where I didn;t appreciate Drogba or Anelka's contributions half as much as I usually would because I wanted to see Torres play, not Drogba or Anelka.

But I've gotten over that now. My Torres goggles are gone but clearly some people still have them firmly on.

But your Drogba lenses are much harder to get rid off, clearly.

How anyone could claim that Torres was more threatening in 10 minutes than Drogba was is perplexing to say the least, even with the previously mentioned Torres goggles on. I would go as far as to say Drogba's performance against Leverkusen (which wouldn't even rank in his top 10 Chelsea performances) was better than any game that Torres has played in a Chelsea jersey. Should Drogba be the main striker? No. Should Drogba be the first choice striker of the ones currently available to us? Absolutely he should, his form has justified AVB's decision and he remains one of the finest all round centre forwards you will find.

In his current 'form', hardly. And it's Torres' poor form rather than his own good one, that has left AVB with literally no choice.

I would say rather than wishing to sell him in January, you be grateful that Didier has remained loyal to our club and that even when our 50 million pound striker continuously fails to reach the required standard, that Drogba is still able to step up to the plate and deliver.

You see its a two way street. If Chelsea should be 'grateful' to Drogs, its about time he grows up and shows some respect to the fans by not acting like a spoilt brat on the field. I appreciate his performances over the years which have helped us win so much, but equally loath his attitude around the field - bossing around other players, arguing over petty spot kicks, slapping a player in a CL final, the QPR game, I could go on...

Anyone who wants him to be sold in January wants so only because they feel he isn't doing enough in terms of performances and showing the right attitude.

Honestly with some people on here it's either the Torres goggles or some people just don't appreciate the unique big man centre forward work (combined with incredible technical ability) that Drogba offers.

Most people here, Torres fans or not, will agree that he needs to get more match time to prove himself. Something Drogs has had plenty of, as someone else pointed out, despite being below average for the first two seasons.

I'm all for selling Torres in January or next summer if he's still useleess, but he can hardly do that sitting on the bench. And I think villfying him because of his price tag makes us no better than the media vultures; anyone who comes in has to prove himself regardless of his price tag.

This has been going on too long to be merely a case of poor form. Can't help wondering if something off the pitch is affecting his performance on. Depression? As a very reserved person he's probably not the type to open up about such things and the witchhunt by the media (which started with Liverpool drip-feeding them with negative stories) can't have helped. Who knows? Just wish he could find the dynamism and confidence to kickstart his career to the benefit of Chelsea.

Would've been awesome if we took him from Barcelona but now it's too late...we don't want another aged superstar in our team, especially Ibra, he is not an easy man.

One of the best forwards in this century though...

do you not think he could offer us a good cpl of seasons? dont think he needs to be super mobile to be incredibly effective, think drogba at 30, zola, gullit, wise, lampard etc for us. For others bergkamp at 30, sheringham, yorke, etc etc. Players are fit enough to be playing at 33. could be vital in carrying youngsters thru for a cpl of seasons.