Bayer Leverkusen 2-1 Chelsea

James

and definitely in all the world there is only one person to be blamed, is it not so? accepted that he is the coach and the head of the team and is supposed to make it right. but as i see it avb has tried everything or atleast a number of permutation and combinations in the attack and mid to mix it up and keep it from gettin stale but nothin seems to be workin at the moment. its not his fault that our defense seems to be almost willing to concede goals in the last month : luiz with a stupid penalty against qpr, terry with his slip against arsenal, mikel stupidly caught in possession 20 yards from the goal against pool. take these 3 goals out and we draw or may even have gone to win one or 2 of them. and when one part of the team does not seem to be functionin properly it definitely affects the others too. our defense bein in shambles maybe the reason of our mid fielders to not to over commit themselves. frankly speaking i dont have a clue what is wrong but to blame it all on one person is nothing short of stupid. the squad as a whole seems to be failing and we need to accept that rather than finding scape goats.

Im not making VB a scapegoat here....

Its just that there are too many mistakes.... and those mistakes dont happen if the right mentality has been instilled in the players.... There is something deeply wrong with the team.... AVB 's job is to fix it.

I dont think it is acceptable for us to say "its not working....hes tried everything..."

If after steve jobs,,,, another guy took over apple and spoke all the right things.... spoke of great products but couldnt deliver and apples market calue fell by 40% he would be sacked. End of story.

Im not saying AVB's situation is the same. But a manager has to win you over. Just because your club appointed him doesnt make him Boas the great!

I was behind him.... but i am losing faith.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 months is enough?????? obviously sir alex ferguson won every match after taking reins on manu or was their first league title some 5 or 6 years after. dont ask childish questions. 5 months is no time to judge a manager who got a squad already in the twilight and low on form. plus what time includes without saying is "TRUST" which we hardly have shown him. just 2 months ago he was the next great thing according to all of us and after some 5-6 matches he is just another dud??? seriously i dont even feel like answering these silly qualms or yours.

Who said 5 months is enough?? i said it is a good precursor for the future.

And times are very different now than they were 20 or more years ago.

Comparing then to now.

2 months ago he was speaking all the right things. He seemed to have the right mindset. If you cant practice what you preach....or even show signs things are getting better then where can i muster optimism from?

Dont answer these silly qualms of mine. You dont have to.

I don't think we played badly in this game, we defended well and were solid for the most part. And Leverkusen only really threatened from corners.

Also thought Meireles was good at DM, he made good passes, and broke up play very quickly.

Sturridge was amazing, we want more of this please :D And Bosingwa wtf? i thought i was watching a different player. :yes:

Anyway no doubt it was a very disappointing result, but we can build on this performance and get out of this dreadful run.

Cmon Chelsea!

I don't think we played badly in this game, we defended well and were solid for the most part. And Leverkusen only really threatened from corners.

Also thought Meireles was good at DM, he made good passes, and broke up play very quickly.

Sturridge was amazing, we want more of this please :D And Bosingwa wtf? i thought i was watching a different player. :yes:

Anyway no doubt it was a very disappointing result, but we can build on this performance and get out of this dreadful run.

Cmon Chelsea!

Must say Bossy seems to play better on the left he can defend ?

Danny was great especially that run were he out paced two defenders.

Other than the goal Drogs gave possession away far to cheaply.

I know we loose some of Rauls game when we play him as DM but he showed he is far better than Mikel there.

Lets hope we have a bit of form and sorted the silly mistakes out by December 6th so we can get into the last 16.

I know we loose some of Rauls game when we play him as DM but he showed he is far better than Mikel there.

Lets hope we have a bit of form and sorted the silly mistakes out by December 6th so we can get into the last 16.

Meireles is smarter than Mikel. Not only in his passing, but also off the ball movement and positioning.

Can't understand why both Mikel and Ramires have been starting over him, i would pick him over them any day.

yeah.. bosingwa seems to play better on the left... remember when he played as LB and man marked messi at the camp nou.... he was good that night...

Good performance, we looked a lot more structured, still no where near the standard we need to be, but we are getting better, just slight slips in concentration punish us.

AVB should not get slated for this. Could he stop Ivanovic not picking up the player? Could he stop the referee not giving a stone waller? No! This is our problem we don't give managers a chance, we are playing a total different style of football, under Jose we played not the most attractive football, now we are building an intelligent footballing side, it wont happen immediately, I am not giving up on this season already but next season under AVB we will grow and win trophies! Also Valencia wont fancy coming to the bridge needing at least a scoring draw, we will win that game. Give AVB a chance to install what is a good style of play which I enjoy watching !

Good performance, we looked a lot more structured, still no where near the standard we need to be, but we are getting better, just slight slips in concentration punish us.

AVB should not get slated for this. Could he stop Ivanovic not picking up the player? Could he stop the referee not giving a stone waller? No! This is our problem we don't give managers a chance, we are playing a total different style of football, under Jose we played not the most attractive football, now we are building an intelligent footballing side, it wont happen immediately, I am not giving up on this season already but next season under AVB we will grow and win trophies! Also Valencia wont fancy coming to the bridge needing at least a scoring draw, we will win that game. Give AVB a chance to install what is a good style of play which I enjoy watching !

Good post , i forgot about the penalty that should have been given , he was right next to the incident how could he miss it ? though we haven't had the best run of getting penalty in Europe :chai:

We played a lot better in this game , couldn't complain with the defence in the first half , it was a couple of defensive lapses that got punished again. Once we play Valencia i hope we have ironed out these mistakes.

If AVB is given the chance , next season we will see his team form weather that's in the CL or not only time will tell.

The Alex & Mikel subs may well be the most wasteful use of substitutions in football history.

You serious about the Alex sub? Luiz wasn't feeling good, you could tell the way he held on to his stomach when going off.

The Alex substitution was because Luiz was injured/ill so I don't know how you can complain about it. It wasn't a tactical move.

He wasn't really injured, just kicked in the stomach.. it was 'minor' to say the least.

The Mikel sub was just baffling and such a waste.