Bayer Leverkusen 2-1 Chelsea

James

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought Drogba played well. Put himself about the pitch well. His hold up/link up play was also very good, which was lucky because we seemed very insistent on playing the long ball over the top from the defence (probably because the midfield couldn't get anywhere near the ball).

So sick of hearing the useless Torres-Drogba debate...

The fact is neither have exactly outperformed the other during the minutes they've played. Drogba gets points for "actual" contribution (in goals and assists) , but Torres gets points for the effort and motivation..

AVB has two options and a possible. Give Torres regular playing time (and see if he can maintain form for a few weeks rather) , or assure Drogba that he can win back his starting 11 spot as main man.

While many might think that Sturridge should be handed the main role, (and I don't deny he should be given a more central position), I have doubts as to whether he has the experience and qualities needed to be LONE centre forward. I think the best would be to employ him in a strike partnership. Drogba and him seem to have good chemistry, and it remains to be seen whether he can link up with Torres.

SACK THE CLUELESS FOOL.

We can blame the players as much as we want but the buck stops with him.

He cant motivate the players... at all. After half time they play for 10 mins better football.... then again back to the "wheres my cheque" football.

His team selections are so bad...it seems like a 10 year old is making them.... and his stubbornness makes steve kean look like Mourinho.

We will not make it past valencia.... and it will not be a 0-0 draw...

We are in deep shit. Making top 4 doesnt seem likely....

I was quite happy when he came.... good talking smart manager....evolution....team one.... better football.....

Since then with every press conference and performance he is more and more amateurish.....

Malouda for mata....Mikel for Meireles.... Drogshit .... No torres... what is he doing....

We are playing the worst brand of football on earth. Under AVB. there is no evolution happening....only regression.

Im sick and tired of AVB. I dont feel like i am over reacting.... 5 months+ into your job if you dont know your best team....your style of play.... the team is regressing and is going nowhere ....and fast....

One signing in jan or maybe even two will not solve any problem.... He cannot impart or get players to play whatever his style of football is. What is it btw?

Roman also fucked himself over... 11 mill or so to get him out of porto.... and now a 20 mill payout if he gets fired. FAIL!

what he has successfully done to players who might not have been brilliant previously.... but were still decent on the ball and balanced....

In the words of another guy on a forum....

" Seriously, are Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Lampard, Mikel, Ramires, etc. the type of players who can keep possession for 5 seconds and find a decent pass? They get the ball and treat it like a grenade (panic and everything!)."

NOT ACCEPTABLE. yesterday should have been the tipping point for even the most ardent chelsea supporters...enough is enough.

All these bloody Torres FC fans are getting on my nerves. As if Torres would of played as well as Drogba today, Drogba played in a key over the top pass to Sturridge for the Mata volley. He also flicked the ball on to the onrushing lamps for a header which Lamps should of scored with his pedigree and he scored a magnificent goal. He played well and he is the best forward at the club despite his age. Torres is fucking shit at the moment and he should be on the bench.

While agree Drogba was great today and should be played more regularly if he can keep up this form, I think its a bit harsh to call Torres "shit". His only last real involvement was when he spurned that chance against Blackburn more than 3 weeks ago when he was still on his way back, and hasn't had much game time after that...

So sick of hearing the useless Torres-Drogba debate...

The fact is neither have exactly outperformed the other during the minutes they've played. Drogba gets points for "actual" contribution (in goals and assists) , but Torres gets points for the effort and motivation..

Do you have the minutes played for them? I'd like to see what the numbers are. Torres definitely has had more minutes. Drogba, 2 goals, 1 assist this season. Torres, 4 goals, 3 assists.

Do you have the minutes played for them?  I'd like to see what the numbers are.  Torres definitely has had more minutes.  Drogba, 2 goals, 1 assist this season.  Torres, 4 goals, 3 assists.

Read my post again and notice the phrase "minutes played by them"

Do you have the minutes played for them?  I'd like to see what the numbers are.  Torres definitely has had more minutes.  Drogba, 2 goals, 1 assist this season.  Torres, 4 goals, 3 assists.

Yeah, I think I understood your post. I was asking if you had the minutes played by them because I don't and I was interested in averaging their output. It was a simple request. If you don't have it, just say so.

SACK THE CLUELESS FOOL.

We can blame the players as much as we want but the buck stops with him.

He cant motivate the players... at all. After half time they play for 10 mins better football.... then again back to the "wheres my cheque" football.

His team selections are so bad...it seems like a 10 year old is making them.... and his stubbornness makes steve kean look like Mourinho.

We will not make it past valencia.... and it will not be a 0-0 draw...

We are in deep shit. Making top 4 doesnt seem likely....

I was quite happy when he came.... good talking smart manager....evolution....team one.... better football.....

Since then with every press conference and performance he is more and more amateurish.....

Malouda for mata....Mikel for Meireles.... Drogshit .... No torres... what is he doing....

We are playing the worst brand of football on earth. Under AVB. there is no evolution happening....only regression.

Im sick and tired of AVB. I dont feel like i am over reacting.... 5 months+ into your job if you dont know your best team....your style of play.... the team is regressing and is going nowhere ....and fast....

One signing in jan or maybe even two will not solve any problem.... He cannot impart or get players to play whatever his style of football is. What is it btw?

Roman also fucked himself over... 11 mill or so to get him out of porto.... and now a 20 mill payout if he gets fired. FAIL!

what he has successfully done to players who might not have been brilliant previously.... but were still decent on the ball and balanced....

In the words of another guy on a forum....

" Seriously, are Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Lampard, Mikel, Ramires, etc. the type of players who can keep possession for 5 seconds and find a decent pass? They get the ball and treat it like a grenade (panic and everything!)."

NOT ACCEPTABLE. yesterday should have been the tipping point for even the most ardent chelsea supporters...enough is enough.

one for this post : RUBBISH

It's the trend line that is most frustrating. In September we could see Chelsea were far from perfect but there was strong belief AVB would get the team to improve. Two months later, the team and results look worse and even if it's really that bad of dip, the lack of improvement is perplexing. I wouldn't have thought I would want the slightly less shit version of Chelsea of late September/early October. And it reflects badly on AVB as he now seems unable to arrest the slide and each decision seems to make things worse.

Yeah, I think I understood your post. I was asking if you had the minutes played by them because I don't and I was interested in averaging their output. It was a simple request. If you don't have it, just say so.

Sorry if I sounded rude in my last post (just irritated whenever I think of our games nowadays!)... No, do not have the exact numbers, but I'm fairly certain Torres has had more starts than Didier, even if those starts were limited for him is well this season

one for this post : RUBBISH

Please correct me if wrong or way off base here...

We are not playing well.

Our players dont seem to be motivated.

The Problems are not getting fixed, we are not even playing as badly as the last game....we are getting worse.

The team selections and substitutions are pathetic ( general consensus)

First our attackers werent scoring.... then our midfielders werent playing well....and now to make it full circle our defence is shambolic....So over the last few months... one by one every aspect of our game has failed miserably.

Rubbish

despite of all the shitty play and things happening, i will remain positive. did not inter milan win ucl in 2009-10 after coming second. we are not in a good moment but that does not mean that we should sack our managers. it seems to me that we have become so accustomed to sacking a manager that whatever bad happens is directly blamed on him. GIVE AVB SOME TIME. plus as i said i will stay positive and hopeful. sometimes such do or die matches can turn the seasons around, maybe the match against valencia will be one such match. lets just keep HOPE.

Question to all out there.....

What exactly does "TIME" mean? (in relation to AVB)

when you say....give him some time.... does that mean a couple of years or something?

5 months should be a good precursor for the future.... if we all had seen some changes in our style of play or any changes for the better at all then we would have something to look forward to....

Just putting it out there.... I would also like to conform to the "Time" rule....

Please correct me if wrong or way off base here...

We are not playing well.

Our players dont seem to be motivated.

The Problems are not getting fixed, we are not even playing as badly as the last game....we are getting worse.

The team selections and substitutions are pathetic ( general consensus)

First our attackers werent scoring.... then our midfielders werent playing well....and now to make it full circle our defence is shambolic....So over the last few months... one by one every aspect of our game has failed miserably.

Rubbish.Yes.

and definitely in all the world there is only one person to be blamed, is it not so? accepted that he is the coach and the head of the team and is supposed to make it right. but as i see it avb has tried everything or atleast a number of permutation and combinations in the attack and mid to mix it up and keep it from gettin stale but nothin seems to be workin at the moment. its not his fault that our defense seems to be almost willing to concede goals in the last month : luiz with a stupid penalty against qpr, terry with his slip against arsenal, mikel stupidly caught in possession 20 yards from the goal against pool. take these 3 goals out and we draw or may even have gone to win one or 2 of them. and when one part of the team does not seem to be functionin properly it definitely affects the others too. our defense bein in shambles maybe the reason of our mid fielders to not to over commit themselves. frankly speaking i dont have a clue what is wrong but to blame it all on one person is nothing short of stupid. the squad as a whole seems to be failing and we need to accept that rather than finding scape goats.

Drogba played well, other then Sturridge he was our best attacking outlet. He played with his back to goal and he was actually fighting for the ball something defenders hate. He is our number one forward at the club and he has got to start, we seen him starting to heat up against Liverpool and that goal against Leverkusen was coming and what a goal it was.

Question to all out there.....

What exactly does "TIME" mean? (in relation to AVB)

when you say....give him some time.... does that mean a couple of years or something?

5 months should be a good precursor for the future.... if we all had seen some changes in our style of play or any changes for the better at all then we would have something to look forward to....

Just putting it out there.... I would also like to conform to the "Time" rule....

5 months is enough?????? obviously sir alex ferguson won every match after taking reins on manu or was their first league title some 5 or 6 years after. dont ask childish questions. 5 months is no time to judge a manager who got a squad already in the twilight and low on form. plus what time includes without saying is "TRUST" which we hardly have shown him. just 2 months ago he was the next great thing according to all of us and after some 5-6 matches he is just another dud??? seriously i dont even feel like answering these silly qualms or yours.