Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

BlueLion.

Well his lemons aren't going to change for the next 6-10 weeks, so he needs to adjust the flavoring in order to stay within sight of the CL (god, that's so depressing to write). That's his job. Stop whinging about officials and your damn football principles.

I see shades of Liverpool of 2009-10 here. Chelsea simply can not drop out of the top 4.

Honestly I dont have the faith on our lemons to cope up with the philosophy of AvB. But I still want our club should stick with AvB and support him. Whatever we are seeing here is not a transition. NOT even close.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FC CHELSEA LONDON VS FC LIVERPOOL (1:2)

goalkeeper: cech

defense: ivanovic - luiz - terry - cole

midfield: ramires (meireles 83min.) - mikel (sturridge 45min.) - lampard

attack: mata - drogba (torres 83min.) - malouda

damn.. we lost vs fc liverpool home at stamford bridge!!

cool.. my african technique killa daniel danny sturridge scored goal!!

damn.. my african johnson scored goal vs his ex club fc chelsea london, must be a special feeling!!

cool.. my espana goal scorer fernando torres played vs his ex club fc liverpool, must be a special feeling!!

cool.. my technique killa meireles played vs his ex club fc liverpool, must be a special feeling!!

damn.. my espana goal scorer fernando torres didn't score his goal!!

damn.. i miss my african kalou, anelka, lukaku and essien, i hope they are not injured!!

damn.. i hope our russia boss roman abramovich buy my ex chelsea african glen johnson!!

:Goober:

Reminds you a bit of Essien doesn't he, Adam?

A bit, but I really am fascinated by his playing phylosophy to play forward the more often possible since last season. He has such quality in his diagonals, when he will be able to be more precise in simple things, he will be a fantastic midfielder

Honestly I dont have the faith on our lemons to cope up with the philosophy of AvB. But I still want our club should stick with AvB and support him. Whatever we are seeing here is not a transition. NOT even close.

We'll never be in transition until we transit from deadweight like Terry, Drogba, Anelka and the principles that era represented to fresh ideas and personnel. We just seem to be stuck in this humongous time warp.

After reading some posts on this forum its nice to see that avb is getting a lot of backing. But this is the worst season to be in transitiob. There is a high chance we will miss out on cl football this season and with the ffp rules coming in to effect we can't chuck money at us getting back in the top 4. Last season people were calling for Carlos head. If this team finnished 2nd it would be a mircle. Could you imagine a Jose team with a defensive record like this? I think we have been spoiled over the years and we need to get used to the fact were not the dominat force we once was.

Without the money we get for being in the top 4 its going to be tougj getting back up there. I hope avb can sort out our problems because i think he is a great manager. We need some consitancy and he should go back to the drawing board. Forget fancy football just win games play dirty and hat a result if need be.

No one here wants to admit this because it's Rafa Benetiz's masterplan, but let's just go with 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 with Mata playing the Gerard role behind Torres. Again, we won't the league, but since right now whatever AVB is doing isn't catering to any strengths of the key players why not go this route and bank on Mata and Torres. Keep those two guys close and let's see what they can do. Please let this happen for more than 45 minutes.

I felt sorry for Mata today. He was everywhere trying to make it happen but he didn't connect with anyone at all. Reminded me of Torres in the Stoke game.

We'll never be in transition until we transit from deadweight like Terry, Drogba, Anelka and the principles that era represented to fresh ideas and personnel. We just seem to be stuck in this humongous time warp.

Exactly we are not even in transition, most of the players that played today have been here for years and years. If we had a new team then we would be in transition but we ain't.

It's scary the fact Spurs are level with us and have two games in hand, i'm being completely honest here, but i think it will be impossible for us to reach champions league football this season. Because i know we wont do anything in January, we will probably end up finishing 5th, 6th if it goes really bad.

I don't know if it has already been noticed but I was extremely pleased with Ramires calm and ability to elimine his opponent before distributing. Exactly like Romeu does, both don't necessarly need to run with the ball on a short distance to put their opponent away.

It's an evolution in the game of Ramires that I find very interesting

I don't know if it has already been noticed but I was extremely pleased with Ramires calm and ability to elimine his opponent before distributing. Exactly like Romeu does, both don't necessarly need to run with the ball on a short distance to put their opponent away.

It's an evolution in the game of Ramires that I find very interesting

To be honest he hasnt had a mention because of all the bad stuff what went on. I agree he played well, his tackling was good for once and his passing was good too, he has the ability to move the game forward, but he can't do it by himself.

Our problem is we don't have the players to play in the way AVB wants us to play (while we also lack true quality). Against the smaller sides in the league it's possible but against the big sides it's suicide. AVB is at fault for that for being so naive and needs to open his eyes and realise he needs to change the style until we do have the right players.

AVB tactic can't work with our slow and not creative players!!!

Terry can't play with this tactic, luiz is Making bad decisions.

We don't have a creative player in the middle that can pass to create chances to the striker and we don't have 1 more quality winger.

It would be difficult to sell so many of the players we have slagged off today and just buy a new team like we did under Mourinho without disrupting the squad. We let too many players go after 2009/10 and look what happened once the injuries came. However, we do need a massive squad overhaul and I would be quite happy at that time to say goodbye to Mikel, Malouda, Ferreira, Turnbull, Anelka and Drogba if we want to implement passing football. They should not all go at once though as not to disrupt the squad and I'm not sure how willing Mr Abramovich will be to fork out £300m for a new squad base every 8 years

I'm not sure how willing Mr Abramovich will be to fork out £300m for a new squad base every 8 years

Yep, especially when these players have no re-sale value now. Drogba, Anelka & Kalou will probably walk on a free this summer (hopefully!). Who's actually going to replace them? We had a chance for Aguero and acted too late. Neymar? For like £54million + £250k/week? No way.

I was stunned to see AVB' s team selection, it was so reminiscent of last season its was uncanny as we all know a midfield of Lampard, Ramires & Mikel just doesn't work, throw in Maloulda & you've got a recipe for disaster. We improved in the second half because of the changes but AVB was incredibly naive with his selection - Liverpool play the same way despite Dalglish's introduction & a change of some playing personnel, sit back, counter attack & hope to nick a result & they got it again because AVB went against his attacking instincts & picked the wrong players against a monotonous Liverpool team.

That said, I hope AVB gets the time to build a 'new Chelsea' as this team has needed change since we last won the Prem, yes I think the board took too long in appointing Ancelotti's replacement but as I've said before the likes of Kalou, Maloulda, Mikel, Bosingwa etc should of gone then & not let 2 class players in Carvalho & Ballack leave. AVB is suffering because of those catastrophic decisions so I hope that the board give him the time to build his squad & then everybody can make a rational judgement. I hope January is the start of an evolution, I believe in AVB's philosophy in the way his teams play - despite our bad start! The positive in this is that there are only 12 games into the season so plenty of games to get closer to the leaders & assure a top 4 finish.