Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

I don't know how we can compete with Manchester teams when we have Lewandowski and they have players like Van Persie, Cavani.

I did not like Mourinho's transfer strategy in Real at all. I hope he realizes how much more competitive PL has gotten in recent years.

We have to think about the future. Cavani&Falcao might be better than Lewandowski atm but in 1-3 years when Lew reaches his peak, Cavani and Falcao got theirs years behind them. Lewandowski is far more suited to our play, costs only half as much as Falcao and will be far better value for money, esp long term. I think the club has made it pretty clear that we do not buy finished products any more.

---------Lewandowski--------

Hazard------Mata-----Schürrle

---------Luiz------Oscar---------

is as good as it gets.

Cavani would be my ideal signing but it seems unlikely that it'll happen anytime soon.
A front line of Lewandowski, Lukaku and Ba doesn't sound bad at all.

We have to think about the future. Cavani&Falcao might be better than Lewandowski atm but in 1-3 years when Lew reaches his peak, Cavani and Falcao got theirs years behind them. Lewandowski is far more suited to our play, costs only half as much as Falcao and will be far better value for money, esp long term. I think the club has made it pretty clear that we do not buy finished products any more.

Are you sure about that? Cavani is a beast, I think his career will be longer than Lewandowski's. He is just two years older btw.

Lewandowski is not good enough. Falcao will be out main striker next season.

In the same way, Falcao's high price has led to fans playing him down, Lewandowski's low price has made him more appealing.

Falcao is better than Lewandowski. Only reason the club might go for Lewa is if they are serious about pushing Lukaku next season itself

In the same way, Falcao's high price has led to fans playing him down, Lewandowski's low price has made him more appealing.

Falcao is better than Lewandowski. Only reason the club might go for Lewa is if they are serious about pushing Lukaku next season itself

In terms of what?

In terms of what?

In terms of taking chances. Falcao is the kind of striker who will convert half-chances or score from tight congested situations.

But Lewandowski would be my pick because Lewa - Lukaku is good enough front-line and it will be much more flexible than having just Falcao.

Do get the impression tho that we are being used to make bayern stump up cash this summer rather than let him leave for free next. Found it interesting that one report said that once the alleged phone call between jose and lewandowskis agent took place, the agent phoned bayerns president or director (cant remember which) to tell him. Could be standard,i dont know, just think hes destined for Munich

Lewandowski is not good enough. Falcao will be out main striker next season.

I don't understand how you make that conclusion. Maybe Falcao is more talked about and sounds appealing to people but Lewandowski is only 24 so is only going to get better. Last season he managed 30 goals for his club and this season has done even better managing a total of 34 club goals and still more to come I assume. Not just the fact that he is regularly scoring in one of the most improving leagues, he has proved himself on the elite stage of the Champions League as well. A return of 10 goals in the UCL is excellent. He scored 4 against Real Madrid. Says it all, I think he is an excellent striker.

Lewandowsky is a great striker. Thats for sure. I have no doubt. I will be very happy if he join to Chelsea, especially im Polish. But i would be very happy too if instead of Lewy we sign Falcao. Radamel is a better player. He is a clinical finisher. I think he is the best finisher in Europe. He not just turn clear situation into a goal but he also can score in more difficult positions. Someone would say that Lewy scored four goals in the CL semifinal but Falcao also did similiar things - hattrick in EL final, hattrick against us. He didnt scored a hattrick in CL but he didnt play in CL. So compared to Lewandowsky, Falcao is better, but Robert also is a great striker and he is cheaper and younger so maybe he is a better option.

As I said - i would be very happy if we get either.

Before I enrage let me say that between Cavani, Falcao and Lewy I would love anyone. For me there is no best finisher. A best finisher is a player that can only finish. If that is being said than Falcao is third on my list and Hernandez tops it. The reason why LEWANDOWSKI would be a perfect solution is because he is younger, cheaper and above all , knows how to work in thia formation , with explosive wingers. BVB are better than us currently, yes. But on paper their players are exactly like ours(upfront I man). Mata is better than Gotze in terms of creativity. Moses and Oscar are like Kuba , only the Polish a bit faster, and Reus is similar to Hazard(great dribble , pass, shot ) . Lewandowski is utilized to play a great link-up game with these players. And unless he suffers an injury , there is no way , he wouldnt settle here faster than Falcao. He wins an awful lot of air balls, and we will finaly have a striker, big enough and bulky enough, to hit a cross that has came from Mata, Eden or Ashley. Demba Ba is similar to him, but it is the fact that he just doesnt link up that well. At Newcastle he had explosive wingers, with screaming pace, that deliver a pass behind the defense or the goal line , so he can just finish it. Same thing as Lewy , goes for Cavani. He would fit like a glove. We don't play with the striker. Lewandowski will change that. Falcao would want a through ball. Lewandowski would make a normal one two, or like it happened against Real, he would it with his back to goal, turn and put a shot in. This is why for me Lewy is the top of the bar.

^

Agree with every word he says. I want Lewandowski/Cavani over Falcao because Falcao is player that doesn't have the qualities Lewandowski/Cavani have with the ball. Yes his finishing is great but we also need a striker that can keep the ball and that can link-up with our AM's. I just don't see that in Falcao. Another striker that is underrated and who i'll prefer over Falcao is Jovetic.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You