Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal

BlueLion.

You know what baffles me ? When they did the opposition analysis did anyone at the club mention that Arsenal have 2 very very quick players in Gervinho and Walcott and that Bosingwa is shit defensively and playing a high line with Ivo and Terry was not a very good idea. Some of the decisions Boas makes are baffling sometimes, like when we went to Old Trafford and we basically did a kamikaze. We played a high line against Hernandez...... Young and Nani. This madness has got to stop because against the bigger sides we will get trounced. Lol i think i am going to start another thread called '' i ''preferred'' boring boring Chelsea'' .

Couldn't agree any fucking more, we need to sort this out, City will put 8 past us no joke. The thing is we've got good defenders, we should stop the high defence line and start with build up okay where we have a chance. I get jealous when i watch Man City, United, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal play, because they dint lose the ball all the time, and it's funny cause we lose the ball 24/7 and were the ones playing a high defence line.........

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If AVB is set on changing our style and system, and maintaining high defensive line with our current players as his only options, we will see matches like this the rest of the season I'm afraid. Given that most of the players are the same, this is no "Evolution", but a 'Revolution" that will have severe growing pains.

The "boring, boring Chelsea" era was a calculated, ruthless, brutal team that didn't take shit. I had a lot more faith and confidence watching them and waiting to win the next game. At the moment, anything can happen wish this side, we've lost 3 already so looks like we're gonna lose at least 8 again but we might score 80 goals n concede 60. Interesting times, if we played like this against Man City, i dread what woulda happened. And yeah BB u make a very valid point about the high line, fuck me could u imagine Messi, Pedro, Villa, Sanchez etc against us in the UCL, they'd have a field day.

We woulda got away with it if JT hadn't slipped, think it's about time he sewed Umbro lol but there's no denying we deserved to lose and coulda lost more heavily, they cut through us disturbingly at will.

Needs to be sorted out ASAP, can't believe we've gotta wait til April to get revenge on QPR & Arsenal. Maaaan..... too long.

By the way anyone see robin van shitface push Ivan for no reason?, and the ref gave Ivan a yellow too... for getting pushed lmao, I fucking can't stand RVP, no justice in the world with the luck he gets.

That shit also did a nazi after scoring his 2nd goal :redcard:

The high line was to blame and that is not JT or Ivo's decision its the coaching departments which includes Boas. Who the fuck thought that Ivo or JT would have a chance against Gervinho Van persie or Walcott in a foot race when these players are making penetrating attacking runs. We made the same mistake against Man utd and we were punished. The high line tactic is for a team like Barca who hardly give the ball away. All arsene had to do was make sure Gervinho and Walcott were coming off the line making runs through the heart of our defense. I am just shocked that our coaches would tell Ivo and Terry to keep a high line against 2 sprinters, it was like watching the Robert Mugabe school of economics show.

Also a point I had made elsewhere...Another thing was the fact that our pressing game was poor in the middle of the park..You'd think with Mikel AND Ramires we would regain possession quickly but they were able to launch attacks with almost no hindrance...

I hope to see more organization next time..I think the team just went wild with frenzy and effectiveness of our attack and just forgot about their defensive duties and positioning. I could see AVB seething with rage during the closing stages of the game, as Arsenal continued to waltz into our half

The "boring, boring Chelsea" era was a calculated, ruthless, brutal team that didn't take shit. I had a lot more faith and confidence watching them and waiting to win the next game. At the moment, anything can happen wish this side, we've lost 3 already so looks like we're gonna lose at least 8 again but we might score 80 goals n concede 60. Interesting times, if we played like this against Man City, i dread what woulda happened. And yeah BB u make a very valid point about the high line, fuck me could u imagine Messi, Pedro, Villa, Sanchez etc against us in the UCL, they'd have a field day.

We woulda got away with it if JT hadn't slipped, think it's about time he sewed Umbro lol but there's no denying we deserved to lose and coulda lost more heavily, they cut through us disturbingly at will.

Needs to be sorted out ASAP, can't believe we've gotta wait til April to get revenge on QPR & Arsenal. Maaaan..... too long.

Tbf, I don't see why we can't get bring back some of that style...we after all still have the personnel for that...

I hope this defeat serves as a wake-up call for AVB...For a team which possessed such a good record in defense, I don't think its hard to bring back more defensive organization

Tbf, I don't see why we can't get bring back some of that style...we after all still have the personnel for that...

I hope this defeat serves as a wake-up call for AVB...For a team which possessed such a good record in defense, I don't think its hard to bring back more defensive organization

If Carlo stayed we would of dominate the premier league

that was about to come soon. questioning AVBs abilities, saying the "old" Chelsea was better. We lost to Arsenal 3:1 last season and were lucky to beat them at Stamford Bridge. AVB is doing the right thing in changing Chelseas style towards a more positive and attacking side. A much needed transitional period. I was sick of this slow and ineffective Chelsea side from last season. Our backline and defensive mid just doesn´t have the players yet to play that style.

Good to see AvB trying to change Chelsea's style of play. We had them on the backfoot for the first 10-15 minutes, Djourou was all over the place as was Andre Santos...but we failed to capitalise on our early domination...we let them back into the game, Ramsey/Gervinho/Walcott were given enough time and enough space to exploit our defence...and with RvP full of confidence, he made us pay with a hat-trick.

I think we need to invest into our defence as-well-as the right-wing. Malouda should be sold, he's finished.

Just watched the goals back for the first time on Goals on Sunday. Every single one of the goals we conceded could have been avoided.

1st goal - Gervinho who layed the ball off Van Persie to score walked away from Mikel who has switched off. Ivanovic was ball watching and let Gervinho go between him and Terry to lay it on a plate for Van Persie.

2nd goal - Everyone had got sucked in field toward the play, Bosingwa was miles out of position and Santos moved forward. Sturridge should have been staying with him to cover for Bosingwa, but he let him go and could have at least out a last ditch tackle in to stop the shot on goal. He actually stopped running seconds before the shot was taken.

3rd goal - Walcott trips over thin air in front of 4 Chelsea players.....FOUR CHELSEA PLAYERS.....who immediately switched off (Mikel, Ash, JT and Ivanovic). Walcott gets back on his feet and runs through them as if they weren't there......bingo.....goal.

4th goal - Malouda.......What a stupid ball.

5th goal - Arsenal on the break, Bosingwa was in a good position at first, but once the ball went to Van Persie he sprinted toward him and like Sturridge for the 2nd goal, he stopped running seconds before the shot was taken. Why ?......absolutely pathetic.

Why the fuck are so many people blaming JT for that slip? JT wasn't perfect yesterday but that goal was Malouda's fault!!!!!!

It wasnt Terry's fault, no one could have done anything in that kind of a situation... It was a result of wrong passing.

Carlo is one of the best managers in the world if he's got the best players, his chemistry is really quite something, he would be amazing at City. But he's shit at motivation, development and buying players to replace the out dated ones, he also doesn't know when they will get outdated and plays out of form players constantly, without an assistant manager and good players Carlo is rubbish.