Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal

BlueLion.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Carlo stayed we would of dominate the premier league

Even as a Carlo fan i would not go that far, when Carlo teams click they are devestating but they don't "click" consistently as we found out.

The annoying thing last season is when we were 5-0 up we were puping and pressurising teams like we were losing and when we were actually losing or drawing we were cruising like we were 5-0 up.

defense has to be sorted out by AVB , watching how all the other teams are playing defensively I must say we have the weakest defense of them all...

when we had a lead AVB should switched to a more defensive game, pretty sure thats what Mourinho would have done.

atleast if we decide to attack we should ensure that we have max . possession

Our lose to Arsenal is a BIG eye opener for AVB ... he has to rethink his tactics :)

we let them back into the game, Ramsey/Gervinho/Walcott were given enough time and enough space to exploit our defence

This was a problem for most of the game. If you want to play a high line, you have to press all the time. Not just some of the time. The defensive shape, or lack thereof, was appalling yesterday. At times, it looked like a bunch of school kids just chasing the ball. Well we all have our shit days in life, in football, etc. and I'm sure the lads and AVB are going to be hard at work to remedy our situation.

Maybe we just take it on the chin LIKE MEN and stop pointing fingers and scapegoating as many people as possible. It's a really evident character flaw. The great teams bounce back, big deal, took a risk in a big game, and it didn't work. Get back out there Monday morning and put in the the effort to improve. Were def good enough, we played like shit and were right there in it till the end. United played like shit and bounced back, we will too.

Just watched the goals back for the first time on Goals on Sunday. Every single one of the goals we conceded could have been avoided.

1st goal - Gervinho who layed the ball off Van Persie to score walked away from Mikel who has switched off. Ivanovic was ball watching and let Gervinho go between him and Terry to lay it on a plate for Van Persie.

2nd goal - Everyone had got sucked in field toward the play, Bosingwa was miles out of position and Santos moved forward. Sturridge should have been staying with him to cover for Bosingwa, but he let him go and could have at least out a last ditch tackle in to stop the shot on goal. He actually stopped running seconds before the shot was taken.

3rd goal - Walcott trips over thin air in front of 4 Chelsea players.....FOUR CHELSEA PLAYERS.....who immediately switched off (Mikel, Ash, JT and Ivanovic). Walcott gets back on his feet and runs through them as if they weren't there......bingo.....goal.

4th goal - Malouda.......What a stupid ball.

5th goal - Arsenal on the break, Bosingwa was in a good position at first, but once the ball went to Van Persie he sprinted toward him and like Sturridge for the 2nd goal, he stopped running seconds before the shot was taken. Why ?......absolutely pathetic.

Aesthetic Relic: I have very similar frustrations.

I would like to say that if you look at the individual goals that were scored, it was not really a tactical mess from a coaching point of view so much as just shit INDIVIDUAL DEFENDING:

Ashley Cole: did any one else see "England's Best Left Back" after Walcott blazed by him the first time? After that we was completely off his defensive game; it was like Walcott's first move past him just made him feel like a child when defending...this was reflected in how he approached walcott 1v1 after that: giving him all sorts of space.

Ivanovic: Absolutely horrible man marking on both the Van Persie chance in the beginning (granted it was a splendid pass in behind but he should have been at least in the same town as V.P.!) and also I think he is to blame for the Gervinho to VP goal.

Bosingwa: preaching to the choir here.... Although I think he should be given ever more to blame than Aesthetic Relic gave. Sturridge should be there for support, Bosingwa should still be in the RIGHT POSITION when a wide player comes flying down the line. ALSO WTF IS WITH HIS BACK-TO-THE-DEFENDER 1v1 stance? That is just pitiful!! He lets defenders waltz right into the box with nothing more than a softly stuck out heel while he's facing the other direction.

Terry: I only bring him into because as the captain if your defense is playing like a bunch of children you need to take control of them and sort it out.

Lastly, on the offensive side, I thought we were brilliantly inefficient haha. Particularly Sturridge, who could have made Torres look like an imposing force. Did Sturridge complete a single forward pass all game? hmmm

...sorry for the long rant, but hey that's what this place is for right?

Malouda is so shitty why is he still playing for this club i really have no clue

##

went to sleep for 1st goal.....we should have been 3 up at this stage-----sturridge too greedy....ffs pass early,,,,,,,

2nd goal....sturridge where the fuck were you,,,bosman went missing too........pathetic....petr should have done better????.

3rd,,,,walcott,,,,,,,,fell---definately a free kick against chelsea but no...4 players around him and he still got through...understandable, awaiting the free kick call...cech where were you? top class shouldn't get beaten at near post!!!!

4th......you fuckn wanker....5 yard pas and us on the attack and you put thru van wankle,,,,,,you tosser....(JT slipping probly saved him looking the tosser lacking in speed)

5th,,,,,,,,,,,,on the attack....lost it so easily..........again cech should have done better.....but it was a lost cause...

conclusion............still believe in AVB......still need a few players,,,,too early for Lakuku.....sturridge has to believe he is not the next big thing just yet without the players around him...pass ffs...gotta start taking the early chances...just like at old trafford................but .we're getting there i hope