Josh left out in the cold ?

dave30

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/chelse

Many in the ranks at the Football Association see McEachran as the future of England's midfield alongside Jack Wilshere, but with appearances rare at Stamford Bridge, Capello has signalled that he wishes the player to go out on loan this season but it never materialized. The move worked for both Tom Cleverley, who spent last season at Wigan Athletic, and Wilshere, who spent 12 months at Bolton Wanderers, with both now pivotal members of their club sides, while in Wilshere's case, established internationals.

AVB's transfer policy suggests he is gearing towards refreshing Chelsea's squad and he's doing youth a favour by blooding them in the Blues first-team, but if he's going to do any favours to the future of the club and of England, providing the country's leading light with the chance to shine would be a good place to start.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to panic but it would be nice to see Josh get more 1st team (not reserve) playing time whether its with Chelsea or with another PL team on loan. I think of Wigan with Martinez who wanted him earlier and tries to play a style that would be good for Josh. Maybe Bolton where there is a relationship with Chelsea.

The early reports of AVB claiming he would be using Josh more in the season really got me excited, and who wouldn't! But, i am a little dissapointed he hasn't gotten as much time as i hoped so far, and hope AVB isn't relegating down the squad rotation list. We have a large selection of midfielders which does in some way make it harder to give him more playing time then the odd-CC cup. But, i think it is important to play youngsters like Josh in games like Blackburn, or any of the bottom three. Competition would be a large part of his Chelsea career, and to see him battle it out in PL games would be good. He needs to be given the oppertunity at least.

But, saying all that - it is only the second month of the season - so i won't count the eggs before they hatch!

Good post to comment.

I do have to say that as far as youth gone, I have been a tad bit disappointed with AVB. Most chances have been gone to the players he bought, Lukaku and Romeu.

I would like AVB to give more chances to Ryan and Josh, if they are part of the team. If AVB does not see a future for them, then loan them out and sell them.

But I do have to add that out of all the managers Chelsea had in the Roman era, he strikes me as the best in that department. So I too will wait till January to see how things are going before getting more worried.

Unfortunately it's difficult for Josh to even get on the bench in the prem now. Out of the 7 subs, the 6 outfield positions are usually taken up by 1 defender, 1 DM (Romeu), 1 midfielder (Meireles/Mikel/Lampard/Ramires) and 3 attackers. Hence he can't even get 20-30 minutes now against the likes of Bolton, Everton after we've established a lead.

If we lose 2 of Anelkalouda + Drogba in January, then I could see him getting more opportunities. But with the current squad... it's difficult. I'd like to see him go out on loan. Definitely in the prem. And AVB has to make sure that he will get significant playing time UNLIKE what is happening to Kakuta right now :doh:

I think we are going a bit overboard with this, yes he could have played more but we can't just throw him in the team for the sake of throwing him in.

Say we play him against QPR on sunday, makes a mistake that wins the game (god for bid) for QPR his confidence would be shot and the same people getting up tight that he is not getting played would be bashing him and AVB for rushing him straight in.

He got into a Carlo Ancelotti squad at 17 years old, considering Carlo's preference for expierence is the worst kept secret in football it makes it even more impressive. 19 apps is well above the average for a player of 18, you get the exeptions like Rooney, Owen, Rodwell, Giggs, Fabregas, Messi, Glen Johnson, Wilshere but all of them bar Giggs pick up avoidable injuries quite a lot (Messi not so much in recent years).

On the flip side look at Iniesta for example, Barca did not give him his debut till he was older than Josh is now, didn't make him regualar until he was 21 and now they are reaping the rewards of patience, i suspect a similar reward with Alantara will be reaped in the coming years.

When Josh McEachran is 24 we will be looking back at threads like these and laughing.

To be fair I'm getting sick of the he's to young... no we should get him ready now, and what's the difference if he's going on loan anyway, he will be playing every game with a chance of getting burned out, we really need to give him time now I think.

No need to panic. He's still very young, and can certainly use some extra pounds of muscle. AVB did say that Josh doesn't look anything like a footballer right now. Important thing is that he's still in our plan and that we don't need to rush him.