Josh left out in the cold ?

dave30

As Tomo-91 alluded to earlier, it seems the earlier a player starts regulary the more injury prone they become. Alexandre Pato is a perfect example of this, he is 21(?) and has well over 100 appearances for AC Milan but can't go 10 days without and injury.

We are not asking for him to start every game all the time, we just want him to play a few games. He has only had about 3 starts this season in both the reserves and the first team. He is a player with immense technically quality, he should be playing games for us. He started last season away at Marseille and he was tremendous, my question is why did he start in the reserves and not against Genk were Lampard could of done with a rest.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not asking for him to start every game all the time, we just want him to play a few games. He has only had about 3 starts this season in both the reserves and the first team. He is a player with immense technically quality, he should be playing games for us. He started last season away at Marseille and he was tremendous, my question is why did he start in the reserves and not against Genk were Lampard could of done with a rest.

Probably because he was looking pretty rusty, if he had played in the CL as he did for the Reserves it would have done him no favours at all.

Villas-Boas said: "He's not had much action compared to last year. It's difficult. As we spoke about, playing time has been spread about evenly but a couple of players still fall short on that front.

"He has fallen short compared to last year, and there are more numbers in midfield. We didn't have as many competing in midfield last year, so Josh had more chances to be in the team.

"He has the talent to play, but it's a question of choice. I've just been choosing others. But that doesn't mean Josh's future wouldn't be at Chelsea. It will be. He could benefit like Daniel (Sturridge) did by going on loan, but we have to see. I think he can perform at that level."

Source: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1213/00/villas-boas-admits-mceachran-could-leave-chelsea-loan

Andre made an excellent point in his pre-match press conference yesterday = Josh's playing time has been limited because of the options we have and the relative clean bill of health amongst players; Essien aside. I am certain he will be loaned in January.

Villas-Boas said: "He's not had much action compared to last year. It's difficult. As we spoke about, playing time has been spread about evenly but a couple of players still fall short on that front.

"He has fallen short compared to last year, and there are more numbers in midfield. We didn't have as many competing in midfield last year, so Josh had more chances to be in the team.

"He has the talent to play, but it's a question of choice. I've just been choosing others. But that doesn't mean Josh's future wouldn't be at Chelsea. It will be. He could benefit like Daniel (Sturridge) did by going on loan, but we have to see. I think he can perform at that level."

Source: http://www.talksport...ve-chelsea-loan

I don't quite understand how he can compare last year to this year. This season is still in baby shoes and I doubt McEachran even got a run so early last season? Ancelotti didn't play him THAT often? Sorry, my memory on such cases is bad, I can barely remember team selection for recent games.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2052140/Josh-McEachran-wanted-Swansea-loan-Chelsea.html?ITO=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It would be a good loan. Swansea tries to play good football and have averaged more passes per PL game than Manchester United. McEachran can make his mark and really grow at Swansea.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2052140/Josh-McEachran-wanted-Swansea-loan-Chelsea.html?ITO=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It would be a good loan. Swansea tries to play good football and have averaged more passes per PL game than Manchester United. McEachran can make his mark and really grow at Swansea.

It would be an excellent loan, cos he will be behind 2 good wingers and a striker, also he will be the main man in midfield, what Swansea need is a consistent playmaker like Charlie Adam, McEachran might be able to be that player for them.

Would've been great if he went on loan in the summer though.

The arrival of Raul so late on didn't help things really. I wish Josh all the best and if he doesn't make it through then I stand by my old judgements of saying a player from the academy will never make it with us lol

The arrival of Raul so late on didn't help things really. I wish Josh all the best and if he doesn't make it through then I stand by my old judgements of saying a player from the academy will never make it with us lol

Don't say that, there's still time, Borini was hugely talented, and we will regret letting the lad go. But that's what Ancelotti did, kill the chance, we need a long term manager, even if he doesnt win anything in the first season.

Don't say that, there's still time, Borini was hugely talented, and we will regret letting the lad go. But that's what Ancelotti did, kill the chance, we need a long term manager, even if he doesnt win anything in the first season.

Odd that you brought up Borini, since Torres starting playing decent people seemed to stop talking about him! I don't think we'll regret leaving him behind really. But who knows, eh?! I've had that idea for a long time though!

At such a young age he showed signs he can be world class in the future, scoring 5 in a reserve match, playing very well at Swansea and having a solid record.

Just out of curiosity, when does Josh's contract expire?

Josh´s physical appearance isn´t the strongest and i honestly think that he might struggle against physical sides like Everton. He´s got amazing skills and is a cool headed player but i think that he has to be given a couple of years time to develop himself and getting stronger. He will break through, he´s to good to go somewhere unnoticed. But right now it is a very big task to get into this Chelsea side with all these amazingly skillfull and strong midfielders. He is just 18. I think we are not in a rush here to promote him to first team action