Josh left out in the cold ?

dave30

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are going a bit overboard with this, yes he could have played more but we can't just throw him in the team for the sake of throwing him in.

Say we play him against QPR on sunday, makes a mistake that wins the game (god for bid) for QPR his confidence would be shot and the same people getting up tight that he is not getting played would be bashing him and AVB for rushing him straight in.

He got into a Carlo Ancelotti squad at 17 years old, considering Carlo's preference for expierence is the worst kept secret in football it makes it even more impressive. 19 apps is well above the average for a player of 18, you get the exeptions like Rooney, Owen, Rodwell, Giggs, Fabregas, Messi, Glen Johnson, Wilshere but all of them bar Giggs pick up avoidable injuries quite a lot (Messi not so much in recent years).

On the flip side look at Iniesta for example, Barca did not give him his debut till he was older than Josh is now, didn't make him regualar until he was 21 and now they are reaping the rewards of patience, i suspect a similar reward with Alantara will be reaped in the coming years.

When Josh McEachran is 24 we will be looking back at threads like these and laughing.

well said ... In any case the article looks like a not very subtle attempt to cause trouble ... I am surprised so many fell into the trap

This was always going to happen and Josh should have gone out on loan, AVB could see that we were not overstocked in midfield and decided he could keep him around to help but he was never going to get the games people thought so early on in the season. Josh NEEDS games this age is crucial for young players, i have said too many times now. Anyone who saw Josh play in the reserves on Monday would be able to see what the lack of playing can do to him or any player. If he is not playing regular and improving himself when he does get the oppertunities to play first team he will struggle, see Gael Kakuta for an example of that, Kakuta's playing time at any level over the last couple of years has been shockingly low.

I can understand why Josh is not getting played much but i do feel he should have been let go out on loan, the current scenario is not helping him whatsoever.

Josh will get his chance theres no use rushing him into any action he's 18 for fuck sakes. Once he does get his chance i am certain he will become a regular starter in the first team because he's Brilliant and out best talent for a long long time.

i dont think avb is to blame here. he has got lampard-rambo-raul-flo-josh fightin for 2 spots (given that the 3rd is taken by mikel or romeu as i defintely dont want to see josh play as a cdm). rambo is playin awesome and has been our player (or atleast my) player of the season so far. So its difficult to give josh time atleast in pl.i feel the best would be to send him for a loan spell in winter (if we can fill those 8 home grown player spots) as essien anyways will come.

also i dont think that josh should have been an automatic selection for the genk game. it was an important game and a draw would have made a tricky and unnecessary situation. maybe he should have been on the bench as havin kalou-mata-sturridge dint make sense as in no way would all 3 of them bein used.

Why put him in the UCL squad ahead of other players if he's not even gonna play against Genk at home, a virtual automatic win? He aint played for ages, there's no rational explanation for him not being in that team.

Josh will get his chance theres no use rushing him into any action he's 18 for fuck sakes. Once he does get his chance i am certain he will become a regular starter in the first team because he's Brilliant and out best talent for a long long time.

It's not just that he is not playing for the first team, it is that he is not playing at any level. 1 Start for the first team with 1 sub appearance plus 2 starts out of 6 games for the reserves. Just not enough minutes on the pitch at any level for a developing player.

Why put him in the UCL squad ahead of other players if he's not even gonna play against Genk at home, a virtual automatic win? He aint played for ages, there's no rational explanation for him not being in that team.

Actually, he had played for 90mins with the reserve team on monday, I didn't expect to see him start against genk. But you're right he needs more playing time and he should've been loaned out for the season.

He needs to break through and if it means missing some reserve games then so be it. Playing in the first team against Genk is better for his development than being with the youth so he shouldn't of played the youth game. He's in the squad for the UCL so that should be the priority and he should play. Big opportunity wasted in my eyes.

As Tomo-91 alluded to earlier, it seems the earlier a player starts regulary the more injury prone they become. Alexandre Pato is a perfect example of this, he is 21(?) and has well over 100 appearances for AC Milan but can't go 10 days without and injury.

That is if you play at the top level, but you could sent him on loan to Vitesse or another Dutch club. A lot of young players play in de Eredivisie and they don't become prone to injury. It's very important for McEachran to play at this age and if he can't do that at Chelsea then he should do that somewhere else. In Engeland or other top leagues young players are getting injured, but in a league like the Dutch one they're not.

You cane say that he is still young and his time will come, but if he doens't play regularly now, we have the same player at the age of 21 and is he still not good enough for the starting XI of Chelsea.

It's not just that he is not playing for the first team, it is that he is not playing at any level. 1 Start for the first team with 1 sub appearance plus 2 starts out of 6 games for the reserves. Just not enough minutes on the pitch at any level for a developing player.

Agreed, this is what people need to understand, Kakuta is a great example, and bow Josh, it's scary the fact we are still lacking in midfield and he's lucky enough to get on the bench, it really is frightening I think. I hope he gets a loan in January, otherwise weve lost a great young talent.

Exactly.

When Bertrand was left out, we all raised eyebrows. We thought, "Ok, it's fine. Josh will get time.". Which hasn't happened.

Infact, I'm sure AVB regrets that Bertrand decision, because when Cole was taken off, he only had Paulo to bring on.

Exactly.

When Bertrand was left out, we all raised eyebrows. We thought, "Ok, it's fine. Josh will get time.". Which hasn't happened.

Infact, I'm sure AVB regrets that Bertrand decision, because when Cole was taken off, he only had Paulo to bring on.

The lack of games for Bertrand is even worse i think, Bertrand has buckets of experience. He should be playing games against Genk, Swansea, QPR ect... and let Ash take a rest in those games.

It is tough for a manager settling into a club, working on new ideas and getting results under the belt to play youngsters, if they are not getting games here they should be out on loan.

This was always going to happen and Josh should have gone out on loan, AVB could see that we were not overstocked in midfield and decided he could keep him around to help but he was never going to get the games people thought so early on in the season. Josh NEEDS games this age is crucial for young players, i have said too many times now. Anyone who saw Josh play in the reserves on Monday would be able to see what the lack of playing can do to him or any player. If he is not playing regular and improving himself when he does get the oppertunities to play first team he will struggle, see Gael Kakuta for an example of that, Kakuta's playing time at any level over the last couple of years has been shockingly low.

I can understand why Josh is not getting played much but i do feel he should have been let go out on loan, the current scenario is not helping him whatsoever.

Exactly not only are they rusty but they are also disheartened because they are not playing competitive games. I think he would give us more guile and creativity then Lampard right now.