Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea 1-1 Everton

Chelsea 1-1 Everton

Chelsea 2-1 Everton

Chelsea 0-0 Everton

Chelsea 3-3 Everton

Chelsea 1-1 Everton

Chelsea 1-1 Everton Everton win on pens

Our Record against Everton since summer 2006, the only positive is we haven't lost any of the matches, only one shootout.

Some of those games feel like defeats however because I can remember a few of those draws against Everton were games we needed to win to stay in the title race...

What do you all think about this?

Cech

Bos-Luiz-Terry-Cole

Ramires-Mikel-Meireles

Lampard-Mata

Sturridge

Lampard and Mata there could be very interesting, I will expect a lot of creativity and attacking football be played in this formation.

For this game we need all the exicting unpredictable players possible, Everton hate coming against teqinique if we make this a brute battle it will suit them down to the ground.

Luiz, Meireles, Sturridge, Mata and possibly even McEachran are a must for this one.

Have we ever considered starting Sturridge up front? I feel sorry for him a bit, its clear his actual position is ST. But even after Torres is not an option we automatically have to start Drogba, why not have something like this?

Mata - Sturridge - Anelka

Mata - Sturridge - Malouda

At the moment he is our best striker on form at the moment. It would also mean a very quick and fluent front three that can change around a lot and confuse the defence.

Have we ever considered starting Sturridge up front? I feel sorry for him a bit, its clear his actual position is ST. But even after Torres is not an option we automatically have to start Drogba, why not have something like this?

Mata - Sturridge - Anelka

Mata - Sturridge - Malouda

At the moment he is our best striker on form at the moment. It would also mean a very quick and fluent front three that can change around a lot and confuse the defence.

I agree with that, i think they are a bit worried that he could make the position his own a bit like what Welbeck is doing at united at the expense of a fantastic striker in Hernandez. He is scoring goals from a wide position so if you put him through the middle with his pace and dribbling ability it would be very dangerous.

I agree with that, i think they are a bit worried that he could make the position his own a bit like what Welbeck is doing at united at the expense of a fantastic striker in Hernandez. He is scoring goals from a wide position so if you put him through the middle with his pace and dribbling ability it would be very dangerous.

Spot on.

If they are "worried", then something's wrong with the selection policy... only the best should play, not price tags and reputations. I don't think that's the case, I think it's down to the fact that we have no better options for the wing, unless we play Malouda, Kalou or Anelka there. When Drogba, Anelka and Kalou leave and we get Kakuta back and sign a winger or two, I reckon we could see Torres, Sturridge and Lukaku fighting for the CF place, while Danny can offer us versatility as he will be able to play in every position in attack.

danny as striker is a good idea although we have traditionally like to have a forward who can hold the ball up and keep possession in the opposing third i.e. drogba even anelka...even welbeck can do so but he does add a different flair playing as the point ST..cant wait for the game tomorrow