Chelsea 3-1 Everton

BlueLion.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking factors into consideration this is the best chance we have to beat Everton.

Our way of playing in the past suits them down to the ground while playing against the likes of Sturrigde, Mata, Luiz and Raul does not.

Also AVB will surely have been in his office all this week watching numerousvideos off our games against Everton in the last 2 maybe 3 season's numerous times over working out where we have gone wrong against them and why Everton have found it so easy to play us.

If we don't beat Everton next weekend we never will.

I feel more confident here, in the last few league games we've started to take more and more chances, we have learnt the Man United lesson well.

Yeah, I think despite the fact that we lost 3-1 in that match, the main positive was taking our chances... Torres would have learned the biggest lesson of them all, to not miss an open goal from 5 yards!

We really need to sort out our set piece defending though because that's why we are leaking goals! Our defence haven't perfected it yet, and we need to be able to do that if we are going to chase both the Manchester clubs all the way this season!

Our home record against Everton in the last few seasons has been laughable!

Chelsea 1-1 Everton

Chelsea 1-1 Everton

Chelsea 2-1 Everton

Chelsea 0-0 Everton

Chelsea 3-3 Everton

Chelsea 1-1 Everton

Chelsea 1-1 Everton Everton win on pens

Our Record against Everton since summer 2006, the only positive is we haven't lost any of the matches, only one shootout.

Everton (at least at the matches played at Goodison Park) seem to be in trouble whenever they play against teams like Arsenal which play free-flowing football, while they tend to battle and get a result against more organized teams like Chelsea and Man Utd..

Maybe now the tide's about to turn for us...

I've started to develop a healthy dislike of the Toffees over the past couple years. What a bunch of swine. One needs to look no further for evidence of their scurrilous play than the foul-fest that was the match against them at the Bridge in the FA Cup last season (32 fouls committed by the blue Merseysiders).

They've also been a real thorn in our side as far as results. I think the last time we got all 3 points against them was in the Spring of '08. In order to do so, it is imperative that we defend in the air much, much better. Shut Baines down, too. Don't allow him, or at least severely limit his ability, to put dangerous balls in the box.

agreed. Their constant fouling and just about getting by without picking up yellows and reds is really annoying. I have hated them since they fluked that 3-3 draw against us in 2009 with one goal going 'post, Cech's head, post, in' and another which was a clearance which it Saha I think it was on the back. Beckford's goal last season was lucky too where he hit the ball against 2 defenders and both times the ball bounced straight back to him

Their fans don't tend to be the nicest either and dont get me started on their manager who looks like an alien, Phil bloody Neville and Heitinga.

One day their luck against us will run out and we will absolutely destroy them

agreed. Their constant fouling and just about getting by without picking up yellows and reds is really annoying. I have hated them since they fluked that 3-3 draw against us in 2009 with one goal going 'post, Cech's head, post, in' and another which was a clearance which it Saha I think it was on the back. Beckford's goal last season was lucky too where he hit the ball against 2 defenders and both times the ball bounced straight back to him

Their fans don't tend to be the nicest either and dont get me started on their manager who looks like an alien, Phil bloody Neville and Heitinga.

How great would it be if unleashed all our recent frustration against them this weekend and won 8-0 :lol:

I use to like Moyes but his constant bithching has started to do my head in and also speaking of their fans didn't one chuck the ball right at Malouda last season in the FA Cup match there?

I think this match will be a 1-1 draw. I wish we win but I cant see it, its because we haven't beaten them in ages!

But I actually like Everton, I think they're a really good team. I like how they dont spend that much money but play so good against the top teams. Its teams like Tottenham I really hate who act hard on us, Liverpool, Arsenal etc and get battered by Man U!! <_<

I had to endure about 10 minutes or so of 6,000 Everton fans 'giving it large' after we lost on penalties in the FA cup last season as I was sat in the highest row in the upper tier of the West Stand & couldn't get out - it didn't make for one of my better moments visiting the Bridge..........I damn well hope that we get some revenge for that defeat this time around.

They are without question our bogey team, they always seem to put that extra bit of effort in against us, I also hope Saha is still throwing his toys out the pram & not selected as he has that uncanny knack of scoring against us, its similar to Drogba's against Arsenal.

I'm reasonably confident that this fixture will start to put an end to their lucky streak against us, AVB would of studied there performances vigorously & will find a way to unlock their door, Sturridge & especially Mata will the be key to that. International breaks are a nuisance as is their ability to take something from us but I see still see us winning this, albeit a narrow victory.