Chelsea 3-1 Everton

BlueLion.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough match, but we've been playing great football under AVB and teams who parked the bus against us couldn't get their result. I think we'll win, but it will be a very hard match.

Rodwell is not available for this match, right?

Agree with you there, Everton are very good at set pieces, defending them by all means is a must. WIth out recent performances and the team playing well, i think we will win this match, i have confidence we will win, not comfortably, it's not going to be an easy game for us, we are not fully there yet and unproven, this will be a big test when it comes to playing very good sides. Everton have had the better over us for the past 2 years, no matter what it was like a force field was blocking the way of us winning, when we where in the lead they would grab a last minute equaliser, even if it was by a championship striker. I think we should just attack this, Ramires-Meireles-Lampard.

Also do you guys think we should use Meireles more?, i have still yet to see him go more forward, at Liverpool he was fucking brilliant at getting forward and causing problems, we havent let him do that yet, we keep playing him way to deep in my opinion, we probably could do with resting Ramires this match anyway, if we do be interesting to see if Meireles plays there, he's at his very best there in my opinion when he's attacking.

Need to be better on set pieces, Everton are excellent at them.

Yeah..I remember the match at the Bridge in 09...Anelka and Drogba ripped their back four apart, but for every good goal we made, they equalized from a cheap set-piece.

I agree that Meireles is at his best further up the pitch but his versatility is very important and he does a good job in the deeper midfield role against more inferior teams because it gives us an extra drive and impetus going forward and breaking down defences. When we were heavily linked with Meireles I preferred getting him over Modric (considering the price for Modric) and for me, £12m is very good business.

I think AVB perhaps earmarked him for putting pressure on Lampard's position and I think Lamp's realises for the first time in years his place is under threat. For me that's great if he's going to put in performances like yesterday and competition in the team at the moment is generally excellent.

In regards to the team lineup against Everton, difficult to predict until after the internationals incase anybody gets injured. I agree though that we are at home and should attack Everton. They are good at set pieces and if Saha plays, he should be monitored closely, but apart from that they will try to stifle us, so the best way to combat this is put them on the back foot and attack them.

Everton at home use to be a home banker every season, ironically it's since Roman's arrival our good run in this fixture has gone to pot.

They have been a real bogey team for us in recent times so hopefully a win here then again at Goodison will put that to bed once and for all.

going to be a tough match. have not won against everton in a while and hope we change it in this match. we are playing good football and if we can defend those set pieces then we ll be able to win it. will be interesting to see our line up for this match. i think iva will be preferred over bosi.

I am confident...Everton will hit us with all they can..They are a tough side....(but) we ll win it by the odd goal...The problem then is that , i think im right in saying this, that when you play a team in the league n then in a cup match, one finds a team wont win both matches....

I am confident...Everton will hit us with all they can..They are a tough side....(but) we ll win it by the odd goal...The problem then is that , i think im right in saying this, that when you play a team in the league n then in a cup match, one finds a team wont win both matches....

Not necessarily... we beat Bolton 4-0 home and away inside the space of five days in October 2009.

We beat Everton home in the league cup (4-1) then again in the league at Goodison (3-1) four days later.

Arsenal beat us in the FA Cup At Libary then the League at The Bridge in succesive games (both 2-1) turned out to be their last wins over us for 4 years.

Not necessarily... we beat Bolton 4-0 home and away inside the space of five days in October 2009.

Yeah, and if I'm correct we played two different teams as well...Probably should do the same against Everton and confuse them a bit