Chelsea 3-1 Everton

BlueLion.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you can flip that and say we've conceded 8 goals from those 25 shots on target... meaning we let a goal in every 3.125 shots on goal. That doesn't make for great reading, especially when you consider teams like Norwich, West Brom and Swansea scored three goals between them from a total of six shots on goal.

Hope Anelka doesn't start. He's not quite as effective as he can be if he's not coming off the bench.

At the back, Terry and Luiz seems a perfect combination but we don't know much about Luiz's fitness after having played twice in South America and making a long round trip. I'd have no hesitation putting Alex alongside Terry but if Saha plays, he has pace to burn and Alex-JT will be far too exposed.

True but United have without doubt been cut open more than us so far, this timelast year it was the other way round with Cech saving everything but United conceding less attempts but conceding more goals and in the end it caught up with us.

Hopefully we will sort out the goal concession soon but i'd be a lot more worried if sub standard teams were creating 7/8 clear cut chances a game, which seems to be happening in United's games atm.

Hope Anelka doesn't start. He's not quite as effective as he can be if he's not coming off the bench.

At the back, Terry and Luiz seems a perfect combination but we don't know much about Luiz's fitness after having played twice in South America and making a long round trip. I'd have no hesitation putting Alex alongside Terry but if Saha plays, he has pace to burn and Alex-JT will be far too exposed.

I say risk it and rest Luiz during the Genk match, if we don't want to play into Everton's hands Luiz,Mata, Danny and co are a must IMO.

Ivanovic-Terry is a must. Luiz won't be risked and will play against QPR and Everton (Legaue Cup), Alex will probably feature against Genk as per the rotation policy, so Ivan will be needed at centre-back. I expect:

Cech

Bosingwa - Ivan - Terry - Cole

Meireles - Ramires - Lampard

---------------------Mata

Sturridge-----------------

Drogba

Alex is still suspended - this is the last of his 3 game ban.

Oh I forgot about that. Then JT and Iva will definitely start at the back, AVB hinted that he will rest Luiz since he played 2 international games and is probably still jet lag.

I seem to remember the last two league games at home against Everton, Tim Cahill was a right handful, and caused us major problems! Seamus Coleman and Jack Rodwell have played pretty well against us as well... if we are looking to get a clean sheet today, I don't think it will come! Hell I don't even care if Everton do score, as long as we win and get 3 points.