Chelsea 0-0 Fulham [4-3 pens]

James

So if Kalou hadn't misplaced his passes you are saying he wouldnt have got the abuses?

We all know people hate him here and even if e had had a good game movement wise but had missed those chances you lot would have abused the he'll out of him.

It is so shameful and it reminds me of Arsenal fans who booed off eboue.

Kalou doesn't hold the technical ability’s for that 'hypothetical' of yours to be taken seriously.

Wanting what's best for the football club isn’t shameful, quite on the contrary. It's cringeworthy to see people constantly viewing everything through a blue tinted lens. If we signed Heskey I wouldn’t blindly support him 'just' because he's a Chelsea player.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading the forum and there were alot of abuses hurled at Kalouda.

I then watched the full game and I was quite shocked that some of you called him poor Malouda. He was Good and played 120 mins and was at the centre of all our attacks.

Kalou on the other hand wasted some chances. But y would you give MOTM to Torres after he fluffed so many chances not to mention the howler and yet abuse Kalou cus he couldn't put his chances away. It is just stupid the bias some fans show.

You support a player who cost us 50m an scored 2 in 24 inspite of missing many chances in one of the most of important games of the season.

An when your 6m striker misses some chances against some reserve team in a Mickey mouse cup you abuse the he'll out of him.

It's just pathetic to see some of the bias

Because at least Torres can do something rather than just fuck up all match, Kalou just fucks up all match. In the Man United match Torres made brilliant runs and even hammered the defence whilest dribbling, Kalou can't do that. Infact the only thing i'll credit Kalou for is his penalties, he's always been a good penalty taker, but besides that i just can't wait to see him leave.

Kalou doesn't hold the technical ability’s for that 'hypothetical' of yours to be taken seriously.

Wanting what's best for the football club isn’t shameful, quite on the contrary. It's cringeworthy to see people constantly viewing everything through a blue tinted lens. If we signed Heskey I wouldn’t blindly support him 'just' because he's a Chelsea player.

It's cringeworthy to see fans wanting to back their players? And do you think it's good to boo and abuse your own players? Not to mention your hatred towards benayoun cus of his religion?

Don't give me that Heskey example. I mentioned Kalou cus he was an example yesterday but you and some other fans boo benayoun Which is just as shameful.

And talking about viewing and judging players through blue tinted glasses, nothing is as bad as calling Kakuta as the next messi.

Edited by warnie_666

Sorry to sound a bit of a pessimist but that was our B side which only just beat Fulham's B side. Is our youth really that great?

Tbh it wasn't a complete youth team playing. Most of the game we played with 3 players who we can call young, 4 if you count McEachran for his 50 minutes and 5 if you count Sturridge, who is already a starter. Many were over 30 (Lampard, Terry, Ferreira, Malouda) and the rest were in between and just regular bench players and we ended playing with a fairly old squad. But Romeu was our best player alongside Luiz (24, not really young, but still) and Josh was also tidy next to Romeu. Those who played were solid but visibly inexperienced.

And of course we were down to 10 men.

Edited by manpe

It's cringeworthy to see fans wanting to back their players? And do you think it's good to boo and abuse your own players? Not to mention your hatred towards benayoun cus of his religion?

^ Lmao at the question mark, a baseless accusation. I’ve always been adamant that he was a poor signing, an injury prone 31 year old who was never going to slot into the first team, the real madness is that we should have been looking for a younger player of a higher calibre.

And talking about viewing and judging players through blue tinted glasses, nothing is as bad as calling Kakuta as the next messi.

I never said he was ‘THE next Messi’, I merely suggested he ‘could’ have a similar impact for this football club.

He certainly better do! I think it is unbelievable he hasn't had more chances..... Chelsea's answer to Messi imo.

I thought another entertaining match. I think what impressed me most was a couple of things the fact that we were able to play for 73 minutes with a man down, that surely has to be applauded and the fact that we weren't playing a regular starting XI. Secondly Ross Turnbull, I admit I've not been a fan, but I thought he coped very well and hopefully it will have given him a massive confidence boost.

I then watched the full game and I was quite shocked that some of you called him poor Malouda. He was Good and played 120 mins and was at the centre of all our attacks.

Kalou on the other hand wasted some chances. But y would you give MOTM to Torres after he fluffed so many chances not to mention the howler and yet abuse Kalou cus he couldn't put his chances away. It is just stupid the bias some fans show.

You support a player who cost us 50m an scored 2 in 24 inspite of missing many chances in one of the most of important games of the season.

An when your 6m striker misses some chances against some reserve team in a Mickey mouse cup you abuse the he'll out of him.

I agree although not so much with the Torres comparison.

I'd never shy away from critiquing Kalou but this was one of his good games by his standards as a starter and both he and Malouda were more or less decent. I guess people got annoyed after having to watch players that bring more frustration than excitement for well over 90 minutes.

Apparently some even didn't enjoy the fact that they got closer to finally realizing Kalou will never reaching he so-called potential, go figure.

Edited by Kostas

Kalou wasn't good in the first half, he was a bit better in the second.

Malouda wasn't great though. He didn't give the ball away as much, but it was still the same old waste-of-possession Malouda. I'll give him this much to his credit: He's must better in midfield than he is on the Wing. Still, against a B team Fulham, could've been worse.

goalkeeper: cech (turnbull 45min.)

defense: ferreira - alex - david luiz - bertrand

midfield: mceachran (terry 51min.) - romeu - malouda

attack: kalou - lukaku - sturridge (lampard 43min.)

i thought my africans salomon kalou, romelu lukaku & daniel sturridge will score but they didn´t..

so we came in penalty shoot out.. crazy penalty shoot out and in the end we are in the next carling cup round!!

Not going to judge the team in a technical sense, considering it was mostly a bunch of fringe players, no-hopers and full debutants thrown together. Hardly anyone of them would have been match fit, so lasting 120 mins, 73 of those with a man less is credit to the players.

Individually speaking, Josh, Malouda and Lampard stood out for me. Oriol and Ryan looked alright, Lukaku could have (should have...) done better but it's easy to forget the lad is just 18.

Alex was poor imo, yes he put in a couple of last ditch tackles in the first half but that masks the fact that he put himself in those nervous situations in a bid to scramble back to the goal having allowed the runner to get goalside in the first place.

Glad Cech and Studge will be back for the next one, delighted we got through a fucking shootout for once.

Not going to judge the team in a technical sense, considering it was mostly a bunch of fringe players, no-hopers and full debutants thrown together. Hardly anyone of them would have been match fit, so lasting 120 mins, 73 of those with a man less is credit to the players.

I was litrally thinking just that :lol:

Alex was poor imo, yes he put in a couple of last ditch tackles in the first half but that masks the fact that he put himself in those nervous situations in a bid to scramble back to the goal having allowed the runner to get goalside in the first place.

I said at the time of the pen, has Luiz gave it away and made that mistake against WBA, the he can't defend and should play defensive midfield brigade would be back out in full force again.

Sorry if this has been posted earlier.

When Lukaku had cramps -

“At the end, I had a little bit of cramp and JT [Terry] came up to me and said I had to keep going because the team needed me.

You have to suffer if you want to win something and go through pain."

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/london-chelsea-fc/2011/09/22/lukaku-takes-advice-from-chelsea-heroes-82029-29469041/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1YgjqHGBZ

When Lukaku had cramps -

“At the end, I had a little bit of cramp and JT [Terry] came up to me and said I had to keep going because the team needed me.

http://www.fulhamchr...r#ixzz1YgjqHGBZ

Thats something JT knows about.

Its like when I knocked myself out when Bridge scored that goal against the gooners....

Watching Lukaku play it feels like watching a fan play :P Which is obviously the case, he just happens to be a freak of nature and a talented footballer who made it. You can see the determination and the nerves in his eyes, the guy is living his dream and I can only sympathise when he does something wrong, he must feel like "damn, everybody's watching me now and thinking he's not our quality... must prove them wrong next time around". I wouldn't be surprised if he read all the fan forums for our reactions on his game and if he even had an account :D Imagine a player hanging out in the forum with us, what a treat it would be...

Hi there, Romelu!

Edited by manpe

When Lukaku had cramps -

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/london-chelsea-fc/2011/09/22/lukaku-takes-advice-from-chelsea-heroes-82029-29469041/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1YgjqHGBZ

I saw JT coming up to him and saying something and wondered what did JT say.

No wonder. That's our JT and we all know how he has played through the pain.

I'd learn that From him if I were Lukaku