Chelsea 0-0 Fulham [4-3 pens]

James

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As DM's go their is doubting that Romeu is technically more gifted than Obi. He fits AVB's philosophy and showed he's solid too. Having the both of them as an option are brilliant options, not too mention Ramires versatility too. When Essien comes back we'll boast some unbelievable options as far as that role goes.

When Terry stepped up I had a hunch he would go safe in the middle like Lampard usually does after he's trying to recover from a previously missed penalty (a safe bet since goalies always choose a side on Lampard's penalties and he knows that). It seems Schwarzer had the same hunch and he stayed in the middle, but Terry took the risk of choosing a side :D Good for him.

Romeu was class as was David Luiz. They are both men of the match for me. And I was very disappointed Josh had to come off, I'd rather Kalou or Malouda had made way... they were so fucking frustrating, and that against a Fulham B-side. I was expecting Mata to come on and replace one of our "wingers" and teach them a thing or two... bearing also in mind that he's young and a new signing who still needs to gel, bringing on Lampard didn't make much sense to me, but it was obviously a tactical decision and I won't question AVB's tactics.

Bertrand was okay, constantly made good runs in attack imo, was solid in defence. Not impressive, but an okay performance.

Sturridge again disappointed as long as he was playing, I hope his confidence doesn't suffer too much after 2 consecutive unimpressive games. Maybe I have too high hopes for him every game.

Lukaku looked shaky at the beginning, but definitely improved as game went by... It was visible he got more confidence as time passed and you can't question his work rate.

Edited by manpe

Guest justin_3d

I don't think we should of agreed to the deal for Romeu, we should of stuck to our guns because he looks fantastic in that holding role. He is not as strong as Mikel but he moves the ball quicker and he reads the game.

The only advantage we would have over Barcelona in keeping him in the summer, is to guaranteed him first team. To be our main DM.

As in Barcelona he would have a hard time.

But I don't know the boys head, so it is why i am holding of with him and not fully celebrating. I will wait till the summer and see where he pledges his allegiance.

Cause if comes summer and Barcelona wants him, and he turns them down, then he is our for sure.

However you already know how Barcelona brainwash players with the Fabregas saga.....

The Romeu situation is very different to Fabregas. Firstly Fabregas moved when arguably Arsenal were stronger at the time than Barcelona, and the Premier League was just peaking. He also left very young, he never had the opportunity to prove to himself if he could force his way into the Barcelona squad.

Romeu on the other hand has left Barcelona when they are clearly the best team in the world and at 19, has much more of an idea in his mind if he would have a chance of breaking into their squad. If he flourishes at Chelsea and is playing regularly, why would he move back when Barca have Busquets who is only 3 years older?

It's not just Romeu, Barca have brokered the same deal with any young players sold in the summer. They have a similar deal with Bojan at Roma, and to be fair is something we should look to do when we let a lot of our younger players leave. Even if they try to buy him back, he doesn't have to move so let's just enjoy him and show him our full support, and then hopefully if Barca do try to take him back, he will reject them.

Guest justin_3d

The Romeu situation is very different to Fabregas. Firstly Fabregas moved when arguably Arsenal were stronger at the time than Barcelona, and the Premier League was just peaking. He also left very young, he never had the opportunity to prove to himself if he could force his way into the Barcelona squad.

Romeu on the other hand has left Barcelona when they are clearly the best team in the world and at 19, has much more of an idea in his mind if he would have a chance of breaking into their squad. If he flourishes at Chelsea and is playing regularly, why would he move back when Barca have Busquets who is only 3 years older?

It's not just Romeu, Barca have brokered the same deal with any young players sold in the summer. They have a similar deal with Bojan at Roma, and to be fair is something we should look to do when we let a lot of our younger players leave. Even if they try to buy him back, he doesn't have to move so let's just enjoy him and show him our full support, and then hopefully if Barca do try to take him back, he will reject them.

I think that might be the main factor to motivate him to stay.

He can become our main DM, cause Mikel is too slow.

He is the player we been looking for.

I just hope Pep and Barcelona player do not brainwash him.

I really want him to stay here!