Chelsea 0-0 Fulham [4-3 pens]

James

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

young players getting a chance, winning a penalty shootout, Kalouda scoring from the spot, will wonders ever cease.

Well done to the lads, very difficult to play so much of the game with only 10 men, defended very well to get into penalties and even had the chances to win it during the game. Hopefully the injuries to Sturridge and Cech aren't serious. Shame McEachran had to be sacrificed to Alex's stupidity because he was playing very well. Despite their penalty heroics, Kalouda are so bloody frustrating, it seems difficult to comprehend how they pick the wrong option for the final ball so many times. Lukaku did well up front on his own, put in a real shift and looked dangerous. Romeu was superb in midfield, he seems to be much more mobile than Mikel, has a fantastic passing range and was always looking to get the team on the front foot (with some David Luiz style interceptions), very impressed with him. My pick for MOTM though is David Luiz, ahead of Romeu by a narrow margain. People sometimes question Luiz, they say he is rash, tonight he was flawless at the heart of the Chelsea defence, his decision making was spot on, he covered well and one on one there are few finer defenders on the planet, going forward he is such a great option to have too, the fans love him and his penalty was brilliant, fantastic performance from Luiz tonight which hopefully warrants him starting against Swansea.

Guest justin_3d

he doesn't HAVE to go ,,,thats all Ive said ..now try again to put a negative slant on it

You said in 2 years, nothing about this summer.

Let's hope Busquets and Mascherano have fantastic seasons and Barca won't need Romeu. After all Busquets is only 22/23. If Romeu goes back next year, he may still be 3rd choice. Unless they get rid of Masch. And I wouldn't mind a straight swap to get Masch either.

So, no hype, was Romeu that good? Can he play against Valencia? I listened to the game only.

Guest justin_3d

That's if Romeu agrees with that move. If he doesn't want to go there they can't force him.

Yeah, that's good.

But if Barcelona comes knocking this summer....Chelsea or Barcelona...

you are becoming a pain in the ASS

Well say it right men!

Guest justin_3d

We could offer him a very good contract so i dont think it will be that easy for barca to get him back.

What you mean?

Barcelona has a buy back clause for his first and second year.

They can straight buy him in the coming summer. If Romeu agrees as well.

Let's hope Busquets and Mascherano have fantastic seasons and Barca won't need Romeu. After all Busquets is only 22/23. If Romeu goes back next year, he may still be 3rd choice. Unless they get rid of Masch. And I wouldn't mind a straight swap to get Masch either.

So, no hype, was Romeu that good? Can he play against Valencia? I listened to the game only.

He was good.

He's like Josh, but has some DM qualities that Josh lacks.

There not lacking talent their, and let's hope Romeu grows to love the Chelsea badge as we do. Let's face it if he can play as well as he did today he'll taste appreciation like he didn't at Barca, it's difficult to leave that. I know he's a Spanish boy brought up their but its not a given he's going to leave in 2 years.

Edited by Eviltwinz93

i for one didnt think lampard should have come on for sturridge and with him missing another pen its easy to start moaning about him again but think the amount of work he put in deserves alot of credit. down to 10 men and never really shown down to running like his. Might be getting past it but stil a legend

kaloudas are really lucky that they scored and we dint lose the match otherwise each one of us would ve been demanding their heads (and rightly so). we really need to offload them and get a decent winger who can pass the ball properly and put in a decent cross.