Sergio Busquets

manpe

Look at their graduates who have come through and are regular starters. Valdes, Iniesta, Xavi, Pique, Alba, Puyol. Out of those, who has left or (is likely to leave) since becoming an integral part of thier play. Alba and Fabregas left Barca at early ages so they could get regular football at their age while Pique left due to limited opportunities but now is a regular and will finish his career there but Busquets is in the same category as Xavi and Iniesta and the rest mentioned. He has established himself as an important player them and there is no way he is going to leave. Barcelona and Busquets are probably just laughing to theselves when they see rumours linking him to City and Chelsea.

Yep. Just add Pedro and Messi to that list too. Although, Alba was actually let go when he was a teenager but Barca bought him back this summer for €14 million.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't he currently play as a defensive midfielder... but if he came here most likely play as an anchorman?

I don't see this move making sense if we're sticking with a 4-2-3-1 (which we are).

If we were still playing a 4-3-3, a midfield trio of Busquets, Oscar (in a more restricted role) and Ramires would make some sense.

Doesn't he currently play as a defensive midfielder... but if he came here most likely play as an anchorman?

I don't see this move making sense if we're sticking with a 4-2-3-1 (which we are).

If we were still playing a 4-3-3, a midfield trio of Busquets, Oscar (in a more restricted role) and Ramires would make some sense.

He has played as a defensive midfielder and in a stricter anchorman role for Barcelona. He has the discipline and tactical awareness to be an anchorman but also has the technique and agility to be a defensive midfielder that supports attacks. I think it could work either way.

And I do believe that Chelsea will be playing 4-3-3 next season whether Pep comes or not. It seems like Chelsea are just biding their time until Oscar becomes more comfortable in a deeper position. I wouldn't be too surprised if Oscar gets the Iniesta role in the midfield trio if it does happen.

Would help if they were defensive midfielders. They play next to defensive midfielders.

So? I would still take them over Sergio. Wouldnt ever want a player like him in Chelsea. I would like to be proud and respect every player in our squad, wouldnt be possible with him here.

All this doesnt matter anyway: He wont join Chelsea.

What makes you think that? Do you think Pep can just bring half Barca with him?

Well he is just the greatest coach in Barca history and one of the greatest players to come through the ranks they've had so why would they pass up the chance to work with him again? I think if Pep does come, certain players that aren't attainable become attainable. Busquets could be one as could David Villa, Thiago, Sanchez, Pedro, a few of the Barca B players etc.

Well he is just the greatest coach in Barca history and one of the greatest players to come through the ranks they've had so why would they pass up the chance to work with him again? I think if Pep does come, certain players that aren't attainable become attainable. Busquets could be one as could David Villa, Thiago, Sanchez, Pedro, a few of the Barca B players etc.

Villa and Sanchez would be more likely to leave anyway, since they didn't come through La Masia, and Villa is supposedly unhappy at Barca for the past while. Not sure about Thiago, he's pretty much guaranteed to take over from Iniesta so I can't imagine him leaving. I have a feeling Pedro could follow Guardiola though.

No. But because its a disgrace to have a thread dedicated to that cunt on these forums.

this is a pretty narrow-minded way to think of things. I don't think it can be argued that Terry isn't one of the biggest cunts in football... however, he does his job on the pitch which is why we love and respect him. Just because Busquets can be a piece of shit at times doesn't mean that he's not a top quality player. As for the diving, come on, when did you tag onto Chelsea? Have you never seen the likes of Robben, Joe Cole, and Drogba dive quite regularly whilst wearing a Chelsea shirt. I just do not get your logic...

i'm sure we can manage to sign a cheaper player that can do the job in midfield. i read a link today that had Sergio Busquets and 30million GBP in the same sentence.

his contract expires in 2015 - 2 years from this summer and Barca won't be keen to offload him unless we overpay.

Joao Moutinho is a cheaper and better option imo or Axel Witsel if he tries to force his way out of Zenit. Able to fill the CM role although they are more attack minded than Sergio

Nah pep loves barca too much to do that and Thiago is xavi replacement

If we get Guardiola we can get Busquets, among other players.

Players like Sanchez, Mascherano, maybe Villa could come, but he respects barca in all ways and wouldnt pay ridiculous fees to drag Pedro, Busquets, Inesta,...just to join Chelsea. If anything, how many barca players (that were products of lamassia) left the club in last ten years? Im speaking for those who have suceesed in first team, like Busquets, Xavi...not Krkic and such players.

They have their own philosophy, they would never sell catalan players who are world class to anyone. All that Busquets talk is just bs...

in all this i doubt that Pep will even come to Chelsea. Recently i saw unconfirmed quotes that Barca players hate Chelsea more than even Real Madrid. that gets me thinking that Pep may not be interested in the Chelsea job at all. all this talk about the club rebuilding this summer maybe moot if Pep snubs us and joins City or something.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You