Sergio Busquets

manpe

All our recent buys where young players who didn´t rech their peak yet. (wich will hopefully help us with ffp)

I can´t see why we would change that now!

If we only buy young players, we're in for a loooong decade, a la Arsenal.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we only buy young players, we're in for a loooong decade, a la Arsenal.

Sometimes I think we are but you forget a very important point: we are not arsenal!

We bought a lot foreign players so I´m wondering if we should look for english players with "homegrown" status.

Sometimes I think we are but you forget a very important point: we are not arsenal!

We bought a lot foreign players so I´m wondering if we should look for english players with "homegrown" status.

Lack of experience has hurt us recently, you need a blend of youth and experience... Credit to UTD - they have done this well over the past... Essentially with Terry/Lampard/Essien/Drogba missing we have ripped the spine out of the team, we need to get that steel and WINNING MENTALITY back...

I would love us to sign a couple of really good, solid PRO's late 20's who have won things - it will definitely help the team...

• 1 year later...

Will Busquets continue to be a "top top player" now that the powers of Xavi and Iniesta are on the wane?

Yeah, Busquets's decline coincided with Xavi and Iniesta's, and that's no coincidence. He seemed amazing when Xavi and Iniesta were in their prime, but he just had to clean up, intercept and read the game well. A DM doesn't have much to do when his team dominates the game. But now that Xavi and Iniesta declined, Busquets shortcomings are very evident: he's not strong and quick enough to close down spaces, he's not great in the air, and he's very lightweight for a DM. He's good in tight spaces, but he gets horribly exposed when he has to deal with space and pace.

Busquets was merely a product of the system Barcelona played. Like someome said on these forums a couple of years ago, if Mikel played for Barclona people would be claiming he's the best DM in the world. Now that the tiki-taka isn't working anymore Busquets and especially Pique are highly exposed as the overrated players they always were. It's easy playing football when the rest of your team has the ball 70% of the time but come the time the opponent has it, you either have to be very athletic or have to possess a high football IQ. Neither applies to Busquets (and Pique, for that matter).

Busquets was merely a product of the system Barcelona played. Like someome said on these forums a couple of years ago, if Mikel played for Barclona people would be claiming he's the best DM in the world. Now that the tiki-taka isn't working anymore Busquets and especially Pique are highly exposed as the overrated players they always were. It's easy playing football when the rest of your team has the ball 70% of the time but come the time the opponent has it, you either have to be very athletic or have to possess a high football IQ. Neither applies to Busquets (and Pique, for that matter).

Actualy Pique was very good in first few seasons at Barca, but as soon he got together with Shakira, he become a joke of a defender.

Actualy Pique was very good in first few seasons at Barca, but as soon he got together with Shakira, he become a joke of a defender.

Can you blame him though? Anyone would find it hard to focus on football if they had Shakira to go home to after a game. :halo:

Anyway I've never really rated Pique. He played his best football next to Puyol in his prime and back then he had it a lot easier than he does now. Playing next to a makeshift CB like Mascherano requires Pique to be the main man who organizes the defense and at least in my books he's not good enough for that.

Will Busquets continue to be a "top top player" now that the powers of Xavi and Iniesta are on the wane?

Yes he will. Hes the best in that position, nobody is better. Hes getting to play a bit further forward at times too as Rakitic drops deeper.

Yes he will. Hes the best in that position, nobody is better. Hes getting to play a bit further forward at times too as Rakitic drops deeper.

I would keep Matic all day long and that isnt bias. Matic simply has more balls for DM and looks like a proper allround player.

Nemanja Matic says hello.

I would keep Matic all day long and that isnt bias. Matic simply has more balls for DM and looks like a proper allround player.

Really? Well thats both of your opinions but I still think Busquets is the best in that position. Barca haven't been as good as they were 2 or 3 years ago but he is a brilliant footballer, Matic is a great player too but he isn't better than Busquets in my opinion.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You