Juan Mata

Severinb

I agree with that, especially about Ramires, but RDM keeps using him there, so he counts as an option.

Marin and Moses are not as good as him, but would be actually perfect in games against lesser teams where we need width and trickery out wide.

Not just lesser teams. We were crying out for width on friday night to stretch atletico. Moses should have come on for Ramires rather than Oscar.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with that, especially about Ramires, but RDM keeps using him there, so he counts as an option.

Marin and Moses are not as good as him, but would be actually perfect in games against lesser teams where we need width and trickery out wide.

Why underrate Marin so much?, fair enough Moses but still.

I think Marin and Moses are better than Ramires to be honest, on the right i mean, but overall Marin is better but doubt Moses is. Ramires just has his moments, very inconsistent with his technical ability it's shocking. Marin was awesome pre season a lot better than i expected to be honest, he looked just about as good as Hazard did for me, i seriously doubt he is but he looked it.

I think Marin and Moses are better than Ramires to be honest, on the right i mean, but overall Marin is better but doubt Moses is. Ramires just has his moments, very inconsistent with his technical ability it's shocking. Marin was awesome pre season a lot better than i expected to be honest, he looked just about as good as Hazard did for me, i seriously doubt he is but he looked it.

Agreed i think everyone is underestimating marin,if he can remain injury-free then i think he can establish himself in first 11.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Ramires. He is the engine of our team and popped up with crucial goals last season. I agree we would be much better having either Marin or Moses on the right wing and allowing Ramires to play centrally, as when we play him right we lack width.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Ramires. He is the engine of our team and popped up with crucial goals last season. I agree we would be much better having either Marin or Moses on the right wing and allowing Ramires to play centrally, as when we play him right we lack width.

That's why i said he has his moments, he can score a cracking goal or do an amazing bit of play, like against City in the community shield. But consistently he is horrid, 8/10 he will misplace something, and it's mostly a cross or a pass. Great engine and i think he should be used in double pivot, but i think Marin is better than him overall. I would rather have a consistent performer rather than a player who has his moments. And I'm not saying Marin is consistent, but I'm sure he will be more consistent than Ramires at least when it comes to Technical skills.

That's why i said he has his moments, he can score a cracking goal or do an amazing bit of play, like against City in the community shield. But consistently he is horrid, 8/10 he will misplace something, and it's mostly a cross or a pass. Great engine and i think he should be used in double pivot, but i think Marin is better than him overall. I would rather have a consistent performer rather than a player who has his moments. And I'm not saying Marin is consistent, but I'm sure he will be more consistent than Ramires at least when it comes to Technical skills.

I agree that he makes errors but he more commonly makes errors when he is played on the wing. When playing centrally he doesn't try any extravagant skill or crosses and his passing is close range, which he is good at. Marin has had only a couple of good seasons, he was poor at Bremen last year. If played in the right position Ramires is consistent, Marin has to prove himself at Chelsea also, although I'm sure he could do a great job on the right wing. He is still yet to prove himself in my opinion.

I would choose Marin and Moses over Ramires on the right every day of the week, but RDM insists on playing Ramires for balance*, so there's little we can do about it.

Ramires is better centrally where he can make those great runs, but on the wings, he's very ineffective when we aren't on the counter, it's so frustrating.

*I really don't know why we need Balance for games against lesser teams though, can't think of many top teams in Europe that do that.

I would choose Marin and Moses over Ramires on the right every day of the week, but RDM insists on playing Ramires for balance*, so there's little we can do about it.

Ramires is better centrally where he can make those great runs, but on the wings, he's very ineffective when we aren't on the counter, it's so frustrating.

*I really don't know why we need Balance for games against lesser teams though, can't think of many top teams in Europe that do that.

Not just to maintain the balance though, it's also about the defensive side of things. If any of the wide player on the right flank can provide solidity and do their fair share of defensive work every time, then I'm sure RDM will play him rather than Ramires there. But we don't quite have that at the moment.

Not just to maintain the balance though, it's also about the defensive side of things. If any of the wide player on the right flank can provide solidity and do their fair share of defensive work every time, then I'm sure RDM will play him rather than Ramires there. But we don't quite have that at the moment.

They're not many wingers that can do that though, and it won't be such a big problem if Ivanovic didn't get skinned every time he comes up one on one with a winger lol.

They're not many wingers that can do that though, and it won't be such a big problem if Ivanovic didn't get skinned every time he comes up one on one with a winger lol.

That doesn't mean our wide players have to be one of them. Not asking them to be excellent in defending as that is not the traits of wingers, as you said, but at least somewhere decent to good enough to protect their FB when needed.

That doesn't mean our wide players have to be one of them. Not asking them to be excellent in defending as that is not the traits of wingers, as you said, but at least somewhere decent to good enough to protect their FB when needed.

RDM just has to tell them to try simple, we don't need Ramires to play there. I've seen Hazard tracking back and helping Cole, Mata occasionally, and i also heard Moses does not neglect his defensive duties.

RDM just has to tell them to try simple, we don't need Ramires to play there. I've seen Hazard tracking back and helping Cole, Mata occasionally, and i also heard Moses does not neglect his defensive duties.

Hazard does alright for me. Mata not so much. Moses still unknown. They're probably just not up to the standards that RDM wants. After all, he is an Italian!

Hazard does alright for me. Mata not so much. Moses still unknown. They're probably just not up to the standards that RDM wants. After all, he is an Italian!

Hahah true, but it's just very annoying to see many attacks result to nothing when the ball is played out to the right.

Hahah true, but it's just very annoying to see many attacks result to nothing when the ball is played out to the right.

Indeed. Was watching the matches' highlights from the 2009/10 season earlier and there was a huge difference in that really. We looked really threatening from both flanks(wingers + full backs) and the middle. Also, there really was a stark contrast in the quality crosses back then and now. The number of great crosses we put back then in one game is equivalent to us doing that now over a couple of matches! :doh:

Indeed. Was watching the matches' highlights from the 2009/10 season earlier and there was a huge difference in that really. We looked really threatening from both flanks(wingers + full backs) and the middle. Also, there really was a stark contrast in the quality crosses back then and now. The number of great crosses we put back then in one game is equivalent to us doing that now over a couple of matches! :doh:

Exactly, and we have the players to play like that again, but we keep playing Ramires out wide, smh.