Juan Mata

Severinb

Moyes has just actually said that he thought Mata played really well. I literally forgot he was on the pitch in the 2nd half.

Mata didn't play well but do you really expect managers to hang a player specifically out to dry in the public?

Mata didn't play well but do you really expect managers to hang a player specifically out to dry in the public?

Depends if the player is mentally tough or not.

If the player is mentally tough, he will just brush it off and use it as motivation to prove the manager wrong in the following games...

If the player is mentally weak, he'll get pissed off at the managers comments and lose focus

So surprising that he can't do it at Man United eather. Seems like José knew what he was doing. I think the best option for Juan would be a return to Spain, Atletico maybe??

So far yes but you are writing him off to early. He only joined them in January who have been poor all season under a tactically inept manager who is unsuitable for them. He has age on his side and when they realise they need a new manager you might just see a different Mata. I think many people believed Mata would not been an automatic solution to United's problems. They need a serious revamp first which starts from defence to central midfield and then we can start taking them seriously as title contenders again.

He was really bad. He's even slower than I remembered.

He was never quick, quick in mind but not in body. To me it's his body language already just a few months in, like whenever a team mate misplaces a pass or he himself does it drains him, a bit like playing a video game with a player energy bar, that whenever you get hit it takes a great chunk off.

He's trying too hard, he's like Rooney just trying to do everything because others can't be arsed or are limited.

The magic is dead. Tragic really. Players like Juan shouldn't have to go through this. But I shouldn't feel too bad, in the end it was his own mistakes that lead him to Man Utd.

I think that saying Mata made mistakes is a little harsh on him. Maybe because many (including myself) were viewing his performances through blue tinted spectacles we didn't/couldn't/wouldn't see some of the weaknesses in his game.

Jose obviously did and perhaps attempted to change Juan, but couldn't. Those weaknesses are becoming clear, especially now since he's playing for a rival. Probably exaggerated by Moyes inability to tactically adapt a role for him. It smacks of a 'panic' buy by Man Utd to me, unless there is a 'bigger picture' that no one can see at the present time.

I genuinely feel for him as he served us well and seems like a thoroughly decent fella. He looks like a little boy lost right now. Last nights performance wasn't good, although again he wasn't helped by his teammates, who as soon as he got the ball ran away from him, expecting some sort of wonder pass each time.

If there wasn't a set role for him he should never of been bought. I said at the time it was a purchase to appease the fans during what was back then, a difficult time.

All this points to bad decision making, same as the Fellaini purchase, it smacked of the old friends act at the same as geeting completely ripped off.

Manchester United have bought, but not wisely.