Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Was referring to the grass is greener aspect, if Courtois was sold and performed like he did vs Bournemouth for another club, thread in overdrive in fact his thread was a lot more busy when he was a Leti player.

not a fair comparision. cech has had some very good performances and made some very good saves since his move to arsenal. dont think anyone has been doing this in the cech thread.

goalkeepers seldom get the praise they deserve.

i love DD with all my heart, but sometimes it feels so weird when people say DD "won chelsea the CL" because of his goals against napoli, barca, bayern and penalty. the truth is cech did much much much more. he kept us in several legs. but people hardly give goalkeepers (or defenders) their credit.

anyways, why wont people want to abuse jose for the lukaku fiasco. anyone with a smidge of footballing brain could have seen lukaku's potential. because of jose, we have lost a 22 year old striker who would easily rank as one of the best strikers in PL currently. if lukaku plays in PL, i have no doubt that he is going to break several records. and we wont be the team for whom he will be making these records. 10 good years of having a very good striker. thats what jose has cost us among other things.

Perhaps if the club hadn't resorted to bringing in "has beens" such as Eto'o and DD over the seasons, he might have stayed and try to become number 1 rather than being pushed down the pecking order.

The irony being is that with injury and suspension problems upfront, he would have got plenty of game time.

Not his fault, as he or the club wouldn't have known that....but at the end of the day Lukaku did what was best for Lukaku and chose to leave

not a fair comparision. cech has had some very good performances and made some very good saves since his move to arsenal. dont think anyone has been doing this in the cech thread.

goalkeepers seldom get the praise they deserve.

i love DD with all my heart, but sometimes it feels so weird when people say DD "won chelsea the CL" because of his goals against napoli, barca, bayern and penalty. the truth is cech did much much much more. he kept us in several legs. but people hardly give goalkeepers (or defenders) their credit.

anyways, why wont people want to abuse jose for the lukaku fiasco. anyone with a smidge of footballing brain could have seen lukaku's potential. because of jose, we have lost a 22 year old striker who would easily rank as one of the best strikers in PL currently. if lukaku plays in PL, i have no doubt that he is going to break several records. and we wont be the team for whom he will be making these records. 10 good years of having a very good striker. thats what jose has cost us among other things.

It is ridiculous really. The club invested in KDB and Lukaku which was very pleasing and when Jose got rid of them, the board should have not allowed it. Jose just fucked it up because he does not build for the future. Any other manager would of seen the world class potential in KDB and Lukaku rather than ship them out. So bloody frustrating that Jose fucked this up for us. So painful to see KDB and Lukaku thriving while Jose's chosen ones are continuing to under perform.

Now the fact that we sought short term success rather than long term is affecting us now. Could we do with Bertrand? Yes. KDB? Of course. Even Mata. Lukaku. All of them was sold by fucking Mourinho. Lukaku was breaking records in the league at the age of 19 but we wern't patient with him and should of actually given him the chances he deserves. Now look. He certainly has improved his qualities where he could play against a team that puts all there men behind the ball. It is actually Costa who seems to be struggling with that now while Lukaku has improved on these elements.

Great goal again, Should have got an assist if koné would propperly finish it.

He is proving how complete of a striker he is again. Great strength/hold up play, movement, assisting, heading, technique. What does he actually lack?

At this rate, he may get Vardy's record. Can't stop scoring.

He is proving how complete of a striker he is again. Great strength/hold up play, movement, assisting, heading, technique. What does he actually lack?

At this rate, he may get Vardy's record. Can't stop scoring.

oops he did it again!!!! :lol: i still cant believe we let a 21 year old PL proven striker go despite having striker problems for the last 5 years. oh well!!! and the worse thing is that a lot of people had agreed to this at that time, cos apparently one world cup is good enough to judge a player. :lol:

I dont watch a lot of Everton games but he missed a lot of chances vs Norwich and his general movement is awful. He progressed in a sense that he uses his big body more efficientely but I have serious doubts about him being the main striker here.

I dont watch a lot of Everton games but he missed a lot of chances vs Norwich and his general movement is awful. He progressed in a sense that he uses his big body more efficientely but I have serious doubts about him being the main striker here.

Im CERTAIN he wont be the main striker here ,, We were stupid enough to send him away

hahahahah... people STILL trying to make excuses. oh well!!! there will always be sour grapes.

You need to watch more games than stats mate. Lukaku missed at least 2 clear chances in the first half and now his team is at the risk of losing this game. They would be comfortable now had he converted those chances.

Edit: Stones is amazing though, I wish he was here.

I doubt he wants to come back with us (especially with Jose in our bench), but Lukaku is available in the January (reports are talking about a bid from Manchester United about 50 million pounds) I think we should try to sign him (or at least be in the fight). Although it is true that it is a high price (Kane would cost about the same), Lukaku is one of the few TOP forwards that could play with us in the Champions League.

An option to reconsider, 17 goals in 15 games, he knows our home and he would be a perfect compliment to Diego Costa and generate more competitiveness in our squad..

Although I have to be honest and admit that his performance with us was disappointing with continuous passivity behavior.

We don't seem to see talent in players till they're elsewhere and given the chance to play.so annoying but sod all can do

yes, he missed one good chance but to say that his MOVEMENT is not that good is absolutely hilarious when most of his goals come through his good movement behind the defnce. i would ask you to watch everton games more often than judging him on one game where he already has scored and could have had one more and could have as easily had an assist.

and serious doubt about being the main striker here. really. he is STILL just 22. and better than or atleast as good as any striker we have in our roster.

You need to watch more games than stats mate. Lukaku missed at least 2 clear chances in the first half and now his team is at the risk of losing this game. They would be comfortable now had he converted those chances.

One of them were clear. The other one was a difficult angle. Either way, he scored a great header and is on 15 for the season and has improved signifcantly this season. I agree he could of easily had a hattrick but he still has scored for fun and if I would take a striker who scores for us every game but misses a few in the game, I would take him.

I doubt he wants to come back with us (especially with Jose in our bench), but Lukaku is available in the January (reports are talking about a bid from Manchester United about 50 million pounds) I think we should try to sign him (or at least be in the fight). Although it is true that it is a high price (Kane would cost about the same), Lukaku is one of the few TOP forwards that could play with us in the Champions League.

An option to reconsider, 17 goals in 15 games, he knows our home and he would be a perfect compliment to Diego Costa and generate more competitiveness in our squad..

Although I have to be honest and admit that his performance with us was disappointing with continuous passivity behavior.

are we STILL blaming lukakau for wanting to play?

a 20 year old, who could have been our future has competition with torres and ba, and supposedly judged to be worse than both of them. and then jose had the audacity to go and buy a 33 year old etoo knowing he will not be anything more than a stop gap.

and then, jose plays schurrle ahead of lukaku at OT as a striker, literally spitting in his face and telling him that you are not getting any games here. sorry, but any ambitious player with a smidgen of self respect would have done what lukaku did. that too in a world cup year.