Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/18470-19-diego-costa/?p=1154204

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/18470-19-diego-costa/?p=1154203

hahahahahha,,, embarassing indeed. last 4 years, thats what u said, right?

true, assists are not a part of football. ozil and mata are shit. lol

but dont worry dude, oscar played more minutes than messi. hahahahah

delusions of grandeur. i mean calling matic awful and then literally having no answer when shown why he clearly was no where near that.

aything that helps u sleep at night buddy.

"costa is world class" :lol:

Ludicrous statement. Only in the 13/14 season did he score more goals than those two (and 3 more than Aguero in 12/13). They beat him in every season besides that one. In 12/13 he scored 20 goals, but only 10 in the Primera division and the rest in the Europa League, something you downgrade Lukaku's stats for.

You're nothing but a troll.

So let's see what Costa has done in the last 4 seasons.

At the age of 22 (the same age as Lukaku is now) Costa suffered a very serious knee injury, the type of injury that made players like Torres and Falcao come back as a shadow of what they used to be. After Costa recovered he was loaned to Rayo, no one expected much from him as he had just returned from a long lay off, he went on and scored 10 goals in 16 games to help save Rayo from Relegation, The following season he then goes back to Atletico and is asked to play on the wing or as a number 10 behind Falcao, (who was the best striker in the world at the time) and Costa goes on to score 20 goals that season without even playing as a striker, he also scored in every round of the Copa Del Rey including the final against Real Madrid, en route to lifting the trophy.

Then the following season in 2013/14 his impressive form gets rewarded and he gets his chance as Atletico's 1st choice striker, he goes on to score 36 goals! 27 in La Liga just 1 less then Lionel Messi, his goals and performances played a key role in guiding Atletico to the La Liga title, something Aguero couldn't do, he also scored 8 goals in the CL that season en route to the final, which Atletico probably would have won had Costa been fit. Then he moves to a new country in a new league in a new team and scores for fun once again, playing a key role in Chelsea's PL and CoC successes! That is an insane 4 seasons after such a bad injury! Not many players in world football can match what Costa has done in the last 4 seasons, only a world class player can come back from such a bad injury and do what Costa has done.

Since Costa returned from a serious knee injury

Costa 87 goals in 149 games - 0.58 goals per game

Aguero 107 goals in 164 games - 0.65 goals per game

so Aguero has scored 20 more goals in 15 more games, now factor in Costa didnt even play as a striker in one of those seasons, he had to overcome the type of injury that all but ends most players careers at the highest level, and then factor in the fact Aguero has done nothing in CL outside of the group stages. and then if you were to minus penalties scored i am sure it would be very similar stats between both players.

Sorry but when you look at what both have done for their teams in the last 4 seasons, you can see Costa's achievements have been far more impressive, and before you say Aguero won 2 PL titles for City, yes he did he won 2 PL titles by small margins in uncompetitive seasons, with 2 of the most exspensive squads ever assembed in the PL, so taking everything into consideration its clear for me Costa > Aguero.

I'll say he's just a level below. And that is very good for someone who is only 22.

But seriously Costa should prove himself that he is still better than Lukaku this season. It's like he threw everything he got last season and now he's out of juice.

I want other fans to continue envying us for the players we got. Courtois and Azpi are the only starting XI players I can think of that are constantly good.

No offence to Lukaku but we shouldn't envying him at all, but this is what happens when Chelsea are playing shit football for months.

atm Lukaku is better than Hazard :lol: Doesn't mean in the bigger picture he's better than any of our players. It's really that simple.

atm Lukaku is better than Hazard :lol: Doesn't mean in the bigger picture he's better than any of our players. It's really that simple.

Very True. Right now Vardy and Mahrez are better then Pogba and Gotze, maybe we should sign the 2 Leicester lads?

At the age of 22 (the same age as Lukaku is now) Costa suffered a very serious knee injury, the type of injury that made players like Torres and Falcao come back as a shadow of what they used to be. After Costa recovered he was loaned to Rayo, no one expected much from him as he had just returned from a long lay off, he went on and scored 10 goals in 16 games to help save Rayo from Relegation, The following season he then goes back to Atletico and is asked to play on the wing or as a number 10 behind Falcao, (who was the best striker in the world at the time) and Costa goes on to score 20 goals that season without even playing as a striker, he also scored in every round of the Copa Del Rey including the final against Real Madrid, en route to lifting the trophy.

Then the following season in 2013/14 his impressive form gets rewarded and he gets his chance as Atletico's 1st choice striker, he goes on to score 36 goals! 27 in La Liga just 1 less then Lionel Messi, his goals and performances played a key role in guiding Atletico to the La Liga title, something Aguero couldn't do, he also scored 8 goals in the CL that season en route to the final, which Atletico probably would have won had Costa been fit. Then he moves to a new country in a new league in a new team and scores for fun once again, playing a key role in Chelsea's PL and CoC successes! That is an insane 4 seasons after such a bad injury! Not many players in world football can match what Costa has done in the last 4 seasons, only a world class player can come back from such a bad injury and do what Costa has done.

so Aguero has scored 20 more goals in 15 more games, now factor in Costa didnt even play as a striker in one of those seasons, he had to overcome the type of injury that all but ends most players careers at the highest level, and then factor in the fact Aguero has done nothing in CL outside of the group stages. and then if you were to minus penalties scored i am sure it would be very similar stats between both players.

Sorry but when you look at what both have done for their teams in the last 4 seasons, you can see Costa's achievements have been far more impressive, and before you say Aguero won 2 PL titles for City, yes he did he won 2 PL titles by small margins in uncompetitive seasons, with 2 of the most exspensive squads ever assembed in the PL, so taking everything into consideration its clear for me Costa > Aguero.

have not i already shown you the stats of the exact number of matches that costa played as a winger. and infact shown you the number of matches that aguero played as a second striker were more than those numbers? you can go back to the costa thread to jog your memory.

whats worse is that i am pretty sure i have also given u the penalty stats and still aguero was way ahead.

and yet u keep coming back with the same old poor arguments. like ATM reaching the CL final. i am sorry, it was a lot on the team ATM had than costa which includes the manager too. ATM beat barca without costa who were there biggest test in CL knockout stages. players like villa, luis, koke were as important if not more to ATM's play. aguero has not been able to lead city anywhere cos of inapt managers who play with 2 strikers against barca at camp nou. it is the same aguero who scored hattrick against bayern munich to keep city in play or who even a week or 2 ago saved city.

kudos to costa on coming back from the injury. that shows his character, not his skill. be it any part of the play on football field and concering football (not kickboxing), aguero is better than costa.

most of our posts are statements. why dont you try and give a few REASONS as to why u think costa is not better than remy or falcao or not as good as costa. again reasons, not statements.

most of our posts are statements. why dont you try and give a few REASONS as to why u think costa is not better than remy or falcao or not as good as costa. again reasons, not statements.

Sorry, this debate has been going on for days now, i like to think i'd rather spend my life in other ways than to state the obvious and be involved in an endless debate.....I come to read and post a few words in these particular threads, but that's where my involvement ends. Can't really see how you people find the energy to post and post like that...i find it boring and not edifying at all.

Also...I'm not an expert but i'd say that Costa is really as good as Costa.

Sorry, this debate has been going on for days now, i like to think i'd rather spend my life in other ways than to state the obvious and be involved in an endless debate.....I come to read and post a few words in these particular threads, but that's where my involvement ends. Can't really see how you people find the energy to post and post like that...i find it boring and not edifying at all.

Also...I'm not an expert but i'd say that Costa is really as good as Costa.

ohk. so you would rather spend your life making statements than actually opening your eyes to the reality or even engaging in an argument.

i mean who needs an argument when u can just swoop in, make a statement saying whoever does not see things my way is so and so. hmmm.. interesting approach

ohk. so you would rather spend your life making statements than actually opening your eyes to the reality or even engaging in an argument.

i mean who needs an argument when u can just swoop in, make a statement saying whoever does not see things my way is so and so. hmmm.. interesting approach

k.

this has nothing to do with costa's bad spell.

you can go to the costa thread and even when he was banging in goals, some people like lionsden were still saying that his hold up and link up play was average. it has nothing to do with his "dry spell".

the point being lukaku is 22 and has some massive potentials.

despite lukaku "struggling" last season and having a poor season, he had 20 goals and 7 assists compared to costa's 20 goals and 5 assists.

its not just 8 games which are being used to do this.

If I recall correct Lionsden said it initially about November last season and not one single poster at that time replied in agreement, which brings me back to form, take Fab for example, even in his good form last season his off the ball weakness was still obvious, I remember bringing it up at one point and it felt like I was facing his legal defence team whereas people say the same thing now and get shit load of 'likes'.

A lot of opinions shift depending on form, I'm not directing that at you, I'm talking in general.

Noncompetitive seasons? (uncompetitive isn't a word) Aguero and City won their titles on the FINAL day. United were 2 minutes away from winning the title. City and Chelsea had the chance to take the title away from Liverpool and City conquered (but really Liverpool screwed up in the funniest fashion). It was competitive for City in those seasons, otherwise they would have breezed through their title wins.

And what about last season? If you call City's title wins "noncompetitive", what does that make our title win last season? Super non-competitive? City lost to Burnley for crying out loud.

what are you talking about? uncompetitive is a word.

I meant both seasons should have been uncompetitive, in 2011/12 their only competition was an average Man U team, if City had a better manager they would have won the league with 4 or 5 games to spare, in 2013/14 their main competition was Liverpool, and they ended up gifting the league to City in the end, again City with the money they spent on their squad and the players they had they should have walked the league.

both of City's league wins were far from impressive

No offense, but don't get involved in the debate if you don't have the energy and find these debates boring. Because at the moment, this response looks like a cop-out and really you have no answer to give back to didierforever.

No offense taken. My aim was never to get too involved in this particular "debate", as i never went into details on how, why, when Lukaku was conceived or such sort of things, quoting anyone of the previous posters.I simply posted what i thought of the situation, someone may call it a statement, someone else may call it a thought, doesn't matter how you name it.

Aside of that, knowing that didierforever (no offense) is involved in that debate (i never quoted him nor mentioned him in my posts), i really won't dwell into it, because i've no time nor interest engaging in a debate when the other one will simply go on and on and on for hours, in a confrontational way as if he has to prove something to someone, that's his way of talking to others, good for him, i follow a different etiquette, just like me and you are talking, polite and expressing ourselves in an orderly manner.

If he thinks i'll avoid any exchange of opinions, good for him, he hasn't really been on the forum lately.

I apologise about that, it is a word. It's Google Chrome that told me that word doesn't exist and I haven't seen many people use that word before.

Anyway City's league wins were far from impressive those seasons I agree, but that doesn't mean their title win seasons wasn't competitive. United that season were average, yet made sure City sweat to their bones on the final day. "If they had a better manager..." IF. You used IF. But that didn't happen, so it's moot. It's like saying IF City had Pep as their manager last season, they would have won the league.

13/14, Liverpool gifted the league but that doesn't mean it wasn't competitive. If it wasn't competitive, Liverpool should have still won the league. Three teams were in it to win it until the final 2 games of the season. City didn't even sit on top of the league at all until the final games of the season! It doesn't matter if all teams were average or how much money they spent, the title was anybody's and went on to the final day. Last season, we won it like 3 games to spare and we were on top since the beginning of the season. Last season looks more noncompetitive than City's title wins.

But they didn't walk the league. Therefore gave other teams a chance of winning it. Making it more of a challenge. You can spend all the money you want, but if the team doesn't work together as an unit, and not in sync, it's never going to work.

Yes the point I am making is that both of City's title wins shouldnt have been competitive but they were because City were not that good, last season should have been very competitive but it wasn't because we were very good and very consistent.

Which is why I don't give Aguero much credit for City's title wins as City should have won the league both of those seasons much easier

As a belgian, i would very much love to have Diego in our NT. What a non discussion tbh. Lukaku needs a LOT of work.

Wouldn't he be in the same position he is in Spain now?

We need a complete striker with his instinct for goals but with better technique (and attitude). Can't really think of who I would prefer if I could pick anyone.

I think for example Luc Nilis is watching every game from our current national team on television thinking: 'goddamn, if I had these guys to play with in stead of the donkeys I got in the mid-nineties, I would have made 40 goals.'

have not i already shown you the stats of the exact number of matches that costa played as a winger. and infact shown you the number of matches that aguero played as a second striker were more than those numbers? you can go back to the costa thread to jog your memory.

whats worse is that i am pretty sure i have also given u the penalty stats and still aguero was way ahead.

and yet u keep coming back with the same old poor arguments. like ATM reaching the CL final. i am sorry, it was a lot on the team ATM had than costa which includes the manager too. ATM beat barca without costa who were there biggest test in CL knockout stages. players like villa, luis, koke were as important if not more to ATM's play. aguero has not been able to lead city anywhere cos of inapt managers who play with 2 strikers against barca at camp nou. it is the same aguero who scored hattrick against bayern munich to keep city in play or who even a week or 2 ago saved city.

kudos to costa on coming back from the injury. that shows his character, not his skill. be it any part of the play on football field and concering football (not kickboxing), aguero is better than costa.

Non Penalty goals in the last 4 seasons

Costa 76 goals in 149 games - 0.51 goals per game

Aguero 91 goals in 164 games - 0.55 goals per game

So as you can see Aguero has scored 15 more goals in 15 more games then Costa, (who has had a number of games on the wing in that period of time).

So as i said its even closer without penalties, so when you look at what each player has done for his teams and what he has achieved with them in the last 4 seasons, no doubt Costa comes out on top. So if it helps you sleep at night you can keep believing Costa isnt world class and isnt on Aguero's level it just shows how delusional you are. :wave:

But you can't blame Aguero if Lescott, Demichaels and Kompany make basic defensive errors from time to time. You can't blame Aguero for Yaya Toure being lazy. You can't blame Aguero if the manager's tactics were wrong on the day. Not to mention Aguero gets injured in parts of the season. Even now, he's injured.

It's City's fault that they put themselves in that position. But without Aguero's goals, they wouldn't have won any of those league titles.

You can blame the manager, Pellegrini puts no effort in defending and it holds City back, give Mou or even Rafa Kompany, Managala and Otamensi with Fernandinho in front and our defensive record of 04/05 will be under threat.

That's why I didn't jump on the Mangala is a flop bandwagon because even Beckenbauer in his prime would look a shadow of his true self playing under Pellegrini or any so called football purist.

Great post. :clap: