Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

He got three chances in our first four games of the season....so, um well done with that. :clap:

Uhm okay...so you say Lukaku got a proper chance at Chelsea? Just like Sturridge right?

You do know strikers, unexperienced, at age 21 need around 10-15 straight games to say atleast and full support from manager no matter what.

But hey, those three games with ton of pressure from Mou, were more than enough for Lukaku right?

All strikers go through rough pattern and not scoring in 4/5 consecutive games, even best ones like Rvp, Falcao, Costa, Cavani,...Lukaku had bad start, but surprise surprise he actualy played good for Everton after he was given regular football.

As I have feeling you dont believe in Lukaku too much, I will be happy when he proves you how wrong you were, either here or anywhere else.

Uhm okay...so you say Lukaku got a proper chance at Chelsea? Just like Sturridge right?

You do know strikers, unexperienced, at age 21 need around 10-15 straight games to say atleast and full support from manager no matter what.

But hey, those three games with ton of pressure from Mou, were more than enough for Lukaku right?

All strikers go through rough pattern and not scoring in 4/5 consecutive games, even best ones like Rvp, Falcao, Costa, Cavani,...Lukaku had bad start, but surprise surprise he actualy played good for Everton after he was given regular football.

As I have feeling you dont believe in Lukaku too much, I will be happy when he proves you how wrong you were, either here or anywhere else.

It was clear Mou was not willing to give a 20 year old that many consecutive games. I don't think he realized how bad the striking group we had was. Lukaku could be good, but if Mou doesn't like him he has no reason to be here. That's the bottom line. Yes he scores a lot of goals, but he will never be elite like Cavani, Falcao, RVP. He'll be about as good as say a Manzukic.

At age 21, Drogba probably didnt even play football ;)

Never say things that are this far in future.

I agree though if Jose doesnt like him, no point keeping him. But I feel Lukaku sale would be even more stupid than Sturridge one. Board and coaches just never learn that one.

We have these problems with strikers, we buy ones that turn shit, while ironicaly we sell those who are good, because board lacks trust and patience.

Lol Drogba did play football?

If we sold him I would support Mou and Roman. I don't personally think Lukaku is all that great, like you guys are hyping him up. But he could be good, If Jose wants to keep him. We'll see.

Lol Drogba did play football?

If we sold him I would support Mou and Roman. I don't personally think Lukaku is all that great, like you guys are hyping him up. But he could be good, If Jose wants to keep him. We'll see.

By age 21, Drogba realised that he had to establish himself as a player soon or else he would have little chance of becoming a professional footballer. He made his first team debut for Le Mans soon thereafter and signed his first professional contract in 1999.

by the age of 21, DD had scored a total of 7 goals in his PRO career playing in french league 2 (not even ligue 1).

also, lukaku might not be all that great like we "hype" him to be, he is probably just the best young striker in the world at this moment.

Not this bollocks again. :clap:

Hard to give a player 10-15 straight games when he's at Everton. :clap:

Oh, so it has to be 10-15 games without pressure as well now? Because that's something that is possible at this club. :clap:

He did do fairly well at Everton, but he's inconsistent. He's still not ready to be number one here but he can definitely contribute if he wants to.

He CHOSE not to last season.

Well you're wrong about that too. Good effort all round. :clap::clap:

You call playing for 15-20 minutes against Hull and Aston Villa a proper chance?

Had Mourinho seriously counted on him last season, he wouldn't have bought Eto'o.

Yes I do call it a chance. He got 15 minutes in the first match, 25 in the next. Some people here think he should've had everything handed to him on a silver platter which maybe is a reflection of their own worldview, but the reality is that you EARN things in this world.

He did well at West Brom which meant he got a chance to EARN a place at Chelsea and he was being given opportunities in both pre-season and in the league (as well as the Super Cup) to do that.

The simple fact is that HE DECIDED (he's been very explicit about that) to leave Chelsea Football Club despite him being included in the matchday squads for every match he was available for. Pointing that out doesn't make me a hater but ignoring it makes people look very biased.

You call playing for 15-20 minutes against Hull and Aston Villa a proper chance?

Had Mourinho seriously counted on him last season, he wouldn't have bought Eto'o.

Ignoring the fact that Lukaku was not given a proper chance to play, makes people biased.

Something several Dutch/French speaking members have been saying several times, noone cares though, people like to bitch and whine.Silly season indeed.

Yeah the media are playing a big part in this...

BUT the solution is simple - say NOTHING and it cannot be misrepresented ;)

He does talk to the media a lot - and this is where his problems are - he needs a decent advisor or PR man... This is where his youth and inexperience are counting against him, a wise man would say 'nothing' and let his stuff on the pitch do the talking ;)

Not this bollocks again. :clap:

Hard to give a player 10-15 straight games when he's at Everton. :clap:

Oh, so it has to be 10-15 games without pressure as well now? Because that's something that is possible at this club. :clap:

He did do fairly well at Everton, but he's inconsistent. He's still not ready to be number one here but he can definitely contribute if he wants to.

He CHOSE not to last season.

Well you're wrong about that too. Good effort all round. :clap::clap:

Whats your point anyway? Just trying to counter my opinions or what...Lukaku never got proper chance here yet and you can make another 100 claps while responding to my comments, thats fact.

Whats your point anyway? Just trying to counter my opinions or what...Lukaku never got proper chance here yet and you can make another 100 claps while responding to my comments, thats fact.

He didn't get a proper chance cause he left. You don't think had he not asked to leave he would have got more chances? Also, he wasn't impressive in friendlies. Now Jose has to make a bitchy 20 year old a guaranteed starter so fans don't get mad? No.