Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Guest justin_3d

I dont agree. Lukaku is Lukaku, he has his own style and just to make him a Drogba copy is

way to simple, for god save buy him!..

Well if Lukaku is brought in for a different style, then i agree of the buying.

But if its just cause he is a Drogba replacement, then i disagree.

We don't want to continue playing with the long ball to the big forward. We want to play with fair, and if Lukaku can inject to that, then welcome.

you guys are wayyyyyyyyyy too critical of drogba's talents.

just because he's big and CAN be a target man doesn't mean he always is, he often creates a hell of a lot of opportunities (look at his assist record), defends better than some of our defenders and has plenty of flair about him. Lukaku also seems to possess similar qualities, he's quick, good in the air and strong, great finisher and creates.

Just because they are big guys doesn't mean they are straight away target men, if they have the qualities they can be deployed however the manager wishes.

Just because they are big guys doesn't mean they are straight away target men, if they have the qualities they can be deployed however the manager wishes.

indeed...Tore Andre Flo was one of the tallest players we`ve ever had..but wasn`t a target man,he was a great finisher on the counter attack with either foot. not so great in the air..where as 5 foot 8 David Speedie was one of the best in the air.

you guys are wayyyyyyyyyy too critical of drogba's talents.

just because he's big and CAN be a target man doesn't mean he always is, he often creates a hell of a lot of opportunities (look at his assist record), defends better than some of our defenders and has plenty of flair about him. Lukaku also seems to possess similar qualities, he's quick, good in the air and strong, great finisher and creates.

It seems you watch a lot of Belgian League games to know that much about his football.

It seems you watch a lot of Belgian League games to know that much about his football.

Not going to bother pretending like I watch every game he plays or anything stupid like that.

I've watched enough of him in games for club and country to see the qualities and see the potential of those qualities which is the whole reason we would splash out £20m odd on him.

Not going to bother pretending like I watch every game he plays or anything stupid like that.

I've watched enough of him in games for club and country to see the qualities and see the potential of those qualities which is the whole reason we would splash out £20m odd on him.

:goodpost:

Still he has to work on his dribble imo, to much he has a struggle with it or loose the ball..

romelu lukaku is a player i've followed since he was 14 & God do i love dis boy!based on looks & physique,he is another drogba;but based on what he brings to d team,he is an entirely different player....imo,a mario balotelli albeit wit less outrageous skills.due to his imposing physique,he can easily play as a target man if need be,but trust me,he'll fit into wateva style AVB wants 2 bring.being jst abt 18yrs old naw,he's d right age 2 come into d chelsea set up,being wat it is naw.he will hav no problem sitting on d bench in some games & also,he's jst abt ripe enuf 2 step up incase of an injury crises.we do not need falcao!we sure dnt want anoda torres-like player bought for so much & who has already attained european championship status,who will get disgruntled on d bench & eventually force d coach into settling for a 4-4-2 formation.dis is wat i tink we need.....(IN) van der wiel,luka modric,nasri/marko marin,romelu lukaku,sturridge back from loan.....(OUT) paulo ferreira,micheal essien,anelka,zhirkov,drogba(if he is found 2 b causing any form of dressing room unrest)....naw i knw sum of u wud wonder y i wud include essien in dis list.naw here's my case...essien is 28,and as it stabds,his injury record is becoming very alarming.also,as i noticed last season,essien does not have d ability 2 bring fluidity to d midfield,as epitomised by his constant misplacement of long range passes.d premier league statistics wud show us dat essien completed more passes than any oda midfielder in d league;but those were mainly short sideways & backward passes.if we manage 2 get luka modric & also succeed in promoting josh mceachran,i tink we hav enuf depth in d midfield dept considering we already hav 2 hardmen in mikel & ramires who also have d quality of initiating forward attacking passes unlike essien.dis is d best time 2 sell essien & recoup sum substantial revenue 4rm his sale before we hav anoda hargreaves on our hands.....my 1st post

romelu lukaku is a player i've followed since he was 14 & God do i love dis boy!based on looks & physique,he is another drogba;but based on what he brings to d team,he is an entirely different player....imo,a mario balotelli albeit wit less outrageous skills.due to his imposing physique,he can easily play as a target man if need be,but trust me,he'll fit into wateva style AVB wants 2 bring.being jst abt 18yrs old naw,he's d right age 2 come into d chelsea set up,being wat it is naw.he will hav no problem sitting on d bench in some games & also,he's jst abt ripe enuf 2 step up incase of an injury crises.we do not need falcao!we sure dnt want anoda torres-like player bought for so much & who has already attained european championship status,who will get disgruntled on d bench & eventually force d coach into settling for a 4-4-2 formation.dis is wat i tink we need.....(IN) van der wiel,luka modric,nasri/marko marin,romelu lukaku,sturridge back from loan.....(OUT) paulo ferreira,micheal essien,anelka,zhirkov,drogba(if he is found 2 b causing any form of dressing room unrest)....naw i knw sum of u wud wonder y i wud include essien in dis list.naw here's my case...essien is 28,and as it stabds,his injury record is becoming very alarming.also,as i noticed last season,essien does not have d ability 2 bring fluidity to d midfield,as epitomised by his constant misplacement of long range passes.d premier league statistics wud show us dat essien completed more passes than any oda midfielder in d league;but those were mainly short sideways & backward passes.if we manage 2 get luka modric & also succeed in promoting josh mceachran,i tink we hav enuf depth in d midfield dept considering we already hav 2 hardmen in mikel & ramires who also have d quality of initiating forward attacking passes unlike essien.dis is d best time 2 sell essien & recoup sum substantial revenue 4rm his sale before we hav anoda hargreaves on our hands.....my 1st post

No one is going to buy Essien and the targets you listed are unlikely to come in.. IF we are lucky we may get Modric but not most of the others.

We have much greater needs than Lukaku.

Lukaku has scored today hattrick in friendly game against FC Brussels. I would love to see some highlights :D

He scored them all within 12 mins :)

Dennis Praet (17) scored also, one to keep an eye on, has been on the list from several big teams (tought Cfc to) for couple of years now, Anderlecht got him from Genk last year :(

BelgoFoot John Chapman Lukaku watch: seems #cfc have 15 mill euro bid on table; no response from Anderlecht as: a) would like more & B) still wheeling & dealing. 1 minute ago

BelgoFoot John Chapman Going Pete Tong for Anderelcht as Jova starts thinking & Mbokani wants a definitive transfer, not loan. What does this mean re Lukaku? #cfc 19 minutes ago

BelgoFoot John Chapman If bid genuine & Anderlecht accept #cfc's 15 mill euros, it will be just half of what club said they wanted originally. Biggest sale ever. 5 hours ago

BelgoFoot John Chapman Lukaku watch: Sudpresse say #cfc have bid 15 million euros for Lukaku but Anderlecht wait to see if Jovanovic/ Mbokani join this w/end #lfc 5 hours ago