Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

In his case it's a bit different though if you take his phisique into account. Most strikers hit their peaks end 20ies partly because that's when their bodies are 100% developed. Lukaku has had the body of a 30 year old since his 16th.

If he manages to improve his touch and overall technique over the years he'll be very good.

I was thinking more about his technique and mental aspects. Not saying he has a bad mentality but it should oly improve. Can't see him being much better physically!

A lot of people seem to be either taking Lukaku's side or Jose's side on this transfer request thing, but I think it's somewhere in between really.

Basically, if Lukaku really asked for a transfer he pretty much said to Mourinho "I don't want to play for the club" because that's what a transfer request says, no matter what way we're looking at it. So I really don't know what José is supposed to do in such a situation. I mean, he has a lot to deal with already in his first season back so does he also risk keeping Lukaku and having him an unmotivated, unhappy all season? I know I don't want that...so José sent him out on loan. It honestly seemed to be the best option because he 1) develops and gets plenty of playing time, 2) gets a chance to sort his head out and most importantly 3) he's still our player.

Now if that's just "I don't want to play for the club right now" we'll see next season. Personally, I hold so much hope for this kid because I don't see Ba and Eto'o staying for very much longer and Torres is almost 30.

You could also say that José didn't cover himself in glory with his recent comments but, honestly, neither has Lukaku when he speaks of Chelsea. You can sense an underlying hostility, especially with the "I want to outscore Chelsea's strikers comment". Ok, if that's your motivation then fan-didly-tastic. But don't say it to the fucking press Romelu. We all know what they do - take the non-stories and blow they way out of proportion - but when they receive ammunition like this they must cream themselves. Then they throw it back in José face at first opportunity to get a classic 'José reaction' and that's exactly what they got this time.

Lukaku is a physical beast but he is yet to mature emotionally. The massive transfer request overaction to missing a silly penalty is case and point of that. I think he needs to take a leaf out of KDB's book. Sure Kevin isn't getting a look in a the moment, but he has been nothing but professional about it. You could even have a go at him for not complaining!

Anyway, I hope Romelu has a good long think and realise he still has a big opportunity here...but for him to take it he has develop a bit more off the pitch as well.

I'm not a fan of Mourinho as I don't like watching his teams play but on this case, he is right, Lukaku is talking way too much.

What I find funny is that empty words is working way too much in general.

In school I hated when classmates were quoting things like Perroquet without understanding, just because it was hype or the politically correct thing to say. It was like listening to brainwashed people.

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/406917247592984576

Optajoe: 117 - Romelu Lukaku has the best minutes per goal rate in Premier League history (minimum 20 goals).

Productive rawness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So Mourinho started public war of words with Lukaku...fucking brilliant, if Lukaku leaves I will be pissed on Mou as hell. Mata, Luiz, Kdb, Lukaku,..all could leave soon. And to think they were in big plans of our team, just couple months ago.

Lukaku has potential to be our top striker ever, should he start PLAYING next year for Chelsea. We have perfect situation to get him in squad as we dont have any top strikers to play ahead of Lukaku, but noooo Mou goes and buys Etoo, wants some proven striker etc...

When Arsenal lacked a midfielder, they gave chance to Willshere. They didnt loan him and buy someone else instead. This is how talents become big players for their teams. But sure, Mou goes to buy Etoo instead of giving chance to Lukaku who couldnt do worse than Torres/Etoo/Ba this season despite they played good, Lukaku would play as good too. Just give him a chance FFS.

Mou didn't 'not give a chance to Lukaku', Lukaku asked for a transfer request after the Bayern game. Who knows how many minutes he would've gotten under Mourinho. I'm sure it wouldn't be as many as now at Everton, but you can't say Mourinho did not want Lukaku or wouldn't have given him a chance/minutes. Lukaku himself asked for the transfer and for his development I think it was for the best.

Good for him (plays and scores a lot more than he probably would've at Chelsea)

Good for Chelsea (strengthens Everton, so gives harder games to our competitors but not to us as he can't play against us - look at the Liverpool derby)

So Mourinho started public war of words with Lukaku...fucking brilliant, if Lukaku leaves I will be pissed on Mou as hell. Mata, Luiz, Kdb, Lukaku,..all could leave soon. And to think they were in big plans of our team, just couple months ago.

Lukaku has potential to be our top striker ever, should he start PLAYING next year for Chelsea. We have perfect situation to get him in squad as we dont have any top strikers to play ahead of Lukaku, but noooo Mou goes and buys Etoo, wants some proven striker etc...

When Arsenal lacked a midfielder, they gave chance to Willshere. They didnt loan him and buy someone else instead. This is how talents become big players for their teams. But sure, Mou goes to buy Etoo instead of giving chance to Lukaku who couldnt do worse than Torres/Etoo/Ba this season despite they played good, Lukaku would play as good too. Just give him a chance FFS.

Actually they did, and wouldn't risk him in the PL until he proved himself at Bolton, and even then he only got in because Arsenal had an injury hit start to the season when Fabregas was unavailable.

I seem to remember in 2005 Mourinho similarly had a go at Carvalho in a press conference and i couldn't remember similar outcry.

What does Lukaku have that Carvalho didn't? let me guess he is young enough to play in the Olympic's.

I know Lukaku as very humble guy, but he talks too much and that sentence "now I am at everton scored 7 goals in 8 games and everyone talks about me etc"...he is becoming bit arrogant but as long he stays down to earth, thats good thing.

If he was in Mourinho's plans, Lukaku's request was gonna be declined. As it was accepted and he got his loan move, only proves that he was not in Mourinho's plans and he made the right choice. And for Lukaku, he's not consistent enough. Every time you play a bad game in Chelsea, you are sitting on the bench for a consecutive 5 games, that's not what a young player like him needs, not now, and not next season.