Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

6 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

Well, not at United, since they'll have the "Special" One there next year. 

Meh. He'll say "I always liked him and  wanted to give him a chance but the money was too good to turn down for someone who didn't start every game." He'd say something like "he's developed well since leaving" and say he's ready to be the #1 now.

I can definitely see it happening.

If I'm not mistaken this is the first match day since before Christmas where Lukaku scored and Costa didn't (when they both played) and like sow, back to Costas average and we should have kept Lukaku :lol: speechless, genuinely.

As for people saying "he didn't get a chance" he got more chances than what Traore has needed to elevate himself from 4th/5th choice to 2nd, just saying!!!!!!!!

21 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If I'm not mistaken this is the first match day since before Christmas where Lukaku scored and Costa didn't (when they both played) and like sow, back to Costas average and we should have kept Lukaku :lol: speechless, genuinely.

As for people saying "he didn't get a chance" he got more chances than what Traore has needed to elevate himself from 4th/5th choice to 2nd, just saying!!!!!!!!

True...there are lot of things to be very upset about, but Lukaku leaving is one of the least...

DeBruyne and Felipe Luis leaving was disappointing, but Lukaku... no, just no...

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

There is no Torres/Eto'o around to take that spot now. Also, Lukaku didn't want to be second choice so whether he's 2nd or 4th didn't really matter. He made the right choice. 

Lukaku scored 9 in 15, Costa 11 in 16 since Christmas. Don't kno about assists. Their stats are quite similar in 2016. The stats before Christmas are not worth comparing. 

5 hours ago, johnnythefirst said:

There is no Torres/Eto'o around to take that spot now. Also, Lukaku didn't want to be second choice so whether he's 2nd or 4th didn't really matter. He made the right choice. 

Lukaku scored 9 in 15, Costa 11 in 16 since Christmas. Don't kno about assists. Their stats are quite similar in 2016. The stats before Christmas are not worth comparing. 

5 hours ago, johnnythefirst said:

Lukaku in his season here was up against Torres and a 34 year old Drogba, when you look at the minutes AVB gave Romeu then Lukaku would surely got some time if he impressed, he didn't!!!!!!

Im glad he's made a decent career for himself but quite frankly I don't miss him one bit and him scoring against us doesn't change that, Borini ended our title bid two years ago.

There is still a reason he went to Everton and not another team I feel. He will never get to the CL with Everton so it really was a stupid move in the long term but probably the easiest team for him to break in to and make a name for himself at out of the other teams he was linked to like Atletico and Wolfsburg. 

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He will never get to the CL with Everton so it really was a stupid move in the long term 

Yes, because absolutely no other club that does play in the Champions League will ever buy him if he continues playing like this. 

Just now, johnnythefirst said:

Yes, because absolutely no other club that does play in the Champions League will ever buy him if he continues playing like this. 

Well it will cost somebody at least 40M for him considering they paid 28 or more. He would of got plenty of game time here but he didn't want to earn his place in the team but rather have it given to him it seems. 

Like I said yesterday, I wouldn't be shocked at all if United or PSG who are losing Zlatan forked over a huge sum to sign him this summer. He's clearly good enough for that level of club now. Bangs them in with service from average players at West Brom and Everton. He'd be deadly with top players around him.

Imagine the headaches Lukaku and Martial together would give opponents. Or Lukaku flanked by Di Maria and Lucas. He has huge ambition and big mouth when it comes to the media so it's only a matter of time before he's out of Everton. First big club to throw in a massive bid and he'll ask away.

21 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well it will cost somebody at least 40M for him considering they paid 28 or more. He would of got plenty of game time here but he didn't want to earn his place in the team but rather have it given to him it seems. 

Yes, plenty of game time. Like Remy for example. Are we still having this idiot argument?

Just now, johnnythefirst said:

Yes, plenty of game time. Like Remy for example. Are we still having this idiot argument?

Lukaku is better than Remy, I think its fair to say that, do you not agree? Also Lukaku's all round game is better than his. 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Lukaku is better than Remy, I think its fair to say that, do you not agree? Also Lukaku's all round game is better than his. 

Yes, it is now, because he's been playing every game for two seasons so he could develop. Here he would have played league cup games and some 15 minute subs for Costa. 

23 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

1 minute ago, johnnythefirst said:

It's such a moot point as well. Regardless of whether Lukaku did or didn't have his opportunities here is irrelevant now. The lad has gone on to improve his overall game and though he still needs a bit of work to continue - To doubt the ability he has is foolish. He joined that illustrious list of goals scoring 50 goals before his 23rd birthday (joining Rooney, Owen and Cristiano Ronaldo) and we saw how he took apart our defense in one sublime move. 

I'd have no problem with us re-signing Lukaku to be honest, he's young and has great potential still to be untapped - Could Conte do it? The problem is, of course, with our strained tensions with Everton of late they'll be like Spurs and want a region in the excess of £60m knowing them. There are strikers out there that are more worth spending that than on Lukaku, hopefully we were smart enough to insert some kind of transfer clause?