Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

If Lukaku goes on to win title's and prove himself at the very top level like Diego has then by all means hes at a level/better, but until then regardless of age gap, Costa is the better striker.

Titles are not the only correct comparison though, because that would make a guy who stayed faithful to his mediocre team like Alan Shearer not a world class striker (ok, he got one title with Blackburn). 

On 15/03/2016 at 9:05 PM, johnnythefirst said:

Titles are not the only correct comparison though, because that would make a guy who stayed faithful to his mediocre team like Alan Shearer not a world class striker (ok, he got one title with Blackburn). 

Along with getting the title with Blackburn, Newcastle were often challenging top three with Shearer there, certainly top level.

21 hours ago, Tomo said:

Along with getting the title with Blackburn, Newcastle were often challenging top three with Shearer there, certainly top level.

Shearer was 24 when he won his first and only title. Lukaku was 17. Let's wait and find out what happens next. ;-)

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Can't compared the Belgian League to the Prem

I know. He still won a title at 17 though. And once he's off to a top team, I'd say after next season, he'll probably start competing for them again. 
Also, winning a title is never easy, unless there's one completely overpowered team in a league like PSG or Bayern.

I know. He still won a title at 17 though. And once he's off to a top team, I'd say after next season, he'll probably start competing for them again. 

Also, winning a title is never easy, unless there's one completely overpowered team in a league like PSG or Bayern.

True. I personally doubt he'll ever go to a massive club and succeed. Just something about him

6 hours ago, johnnythefirst said:

Shearer was 24 when he won his first and only title. Lukaku was 17. Let's wait and find out what happens next. ;-)

Of course, Lukaku could turn out to be the better striker out of him and Diego, but he isn't yet and that won't change just because he scores on a weekend Costa doesn't.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

Of course, Lukaku could turn out to be the better striker out of him and Diego, but he isn't yet and that won't change just because he scores on a weekend Costa doesn't.

Shearer is one of my favorite English players of all time, so both of them are obviously below him as far as I'm concerned, but I don't know why he should be considered the lesser of Costa this season. 

Please no, not another cry baby that as soon as he hits a bad run of form, or doesn't get selected for a better player will go cry to the media and badmouths the club.
Keep as far as possible from these bunch of pussies, we already have two of the kind.

"I know his agent prefers Italy but I think he must choose Manchester United or Bayern Munich. Manchester United is a team under construction with no real focus. Bayern is a machine where he can rotate well. The only condition is if Robert Lewandowski leaves. With the playing style of Bayern, Romelu will make a lot of goals. A return to Chelsea would make everything complicated. And Juventus has two, three strikers. Anyway (it must be) a team where he always plays, rotation is nothing for him. He takes care of himself well, he's not often injured and is physically strong."

:lol:

"I know his agent prefers Italy but I think he must choose Manchester United or Bayern Munich. Manchester United is a team under construction with no real focus. Bayern is a machine where he can rotate well. The only condition is if Robert Lewandowski leaves. With the playing style of Bayern, Romelu will make a lot of goals. A return to Chelsea would make everything complicated. And Juventus has two, three strikers. Anyway (it must be) a team where he always plays, rotation is nothing for him. He takes care of himself well, he's not often injured and is physically strong."

:lol:

That's pure gold, maybe he thinks he's god and can demand such things, lolz.

Disrespectful towards United, they could be a future employer and more importantly what about his current contract?