Oriol Romeu

termninja

I think it made sense to extend his contract, he is still young and has resell value. Plus, he was really impressive before his injury. I hope that he can regain that form and fight for a place or go for a good fee. Mikel would probably be the excess CM, but he is difficult to move due to his wage and he wouldn't command a large fee.

I mean, if we gonna loan him, why not do it immediately. The way he is still with us, make me thinks Jose want to give Romeu a chance to impress him in preseason, but from Jose words it seems someone in CM did not rated by him. I doubt it is Mikel.

If Chelsea loan him,will he be count in the group of players for the new season? I'm a bit confused, because everyone writes that we must sell someone to have the maximum group of non HG players.

We are having 19 players non HG, Romeu included. It should only 17 of it according to the regulation, so basically we have to sell or loan our 2 non HG players.

Seems like he will go on loan obviously. Seems strange to extend his contract in the first place, better sell him I think. Can see we stick with Matic, Fabregas, Ramires, Van Ginkel and Mikel for at least 2 years. No chance for him.

Needs a full season playing somewhere which is a shame because it leaves us with Mikel who is unflushable proving hard to sell. Sets it up next year for a context between Romeu, Chalobah and possibly Loftus-Cheek for a spot in midfield.

Whatever happens his transfer value will probably increase by next summer at the very least.

Needs a full season playing somewhere which is a shame because it leaves us with Mikel who is unflushable proving hard to sell. Sets it up next year for a context between Romeu, Chalobah and possibly Loftus-Cheek for a spot in midfield.

Whatever happens his transfer value will probably increase by next summer at the very least.

Who ever gave Mikel that 5 year contract renewal needs to be found,

Assuming he stays away from injury and earns starting spot. Another Valencia loan and he'll most probably be sold cheap next summer (not that he did badly there, but was just desperately unlucky).

Assuming he stays away from injury and earns starting spot. Another Valencia loan and he'll most probably be sold cheap next summer (not that he did badly there, but was just desperately unlucky).

I feel bad for him, I really believed this was his year, too bad he had to be sacrificed