Oriol Romeu

termninja

It's kind of amazing to think that gems like him came from Barca's YOUTH TEAM ffs. Romeu would be able to slot into any Prem league team easily and yet he's in their YOUTH team. Really amazing, the talent that lies there.

So Pep was right when he said he had players as good as Wilshere in his youth team :lol:

So Pep was right when he said he had players as good as Wilshere in his youth team :lol:

Just watch their last champions league match against BATE and you will be amazed. A team full of YOUTHS dismantled the opposition. Barca have a very good academy. Lets just hope we get SERGI ROBERTO.

We got great set of young players in Romeu, luiz, Ramirez, Mata, Studge, McEchran, Connor Clifford, Billy Clifford, bertand, PVA, Chalobah, Bruma, Hutchinson if he can stay fit, Kakuta, Lukaku, Courtois, and we can add Hazard and a young midfielder to it I think we have got a great team in making in 4 years time

Thats came from "Mundo Deportivo", a catalan newspaper. Spanish media is probably the worst in Europe, because they love to create stories when its good to any thing that is from Spain.

Of course they will create the story so it will look like their board is very smart and learned from Fabregas situation. If we don't want to sell him some years from now they will say its because they are not interested.

I prefer to believe in AVB than in a newspaper that is full of Barcelona's supporters, because no club in the world would accept that kind of deal, because if the player become a great one, the first club can take him back for a few price. Bullshit. Barcelona can fuck off.

Thanks for clarifying!

@Zolayes our academy is already the theatre of shattered dreams, if you actually look at it were the only side without a youngster breaking through in the top 6 in recent years. Look at this each side has a fresh face from the academy. I know not all of them are automatic starters but all of them have played more games then any of our youth players in recent seasons. They are all on the bench at least and they start games from time to time.

1. Man utd = Welbeck and Cleverly

2. Arsenal = Jack Wilshere, Kieran Gibbs even Frimpong.

3. Man city = Micah Richards even Man city have one lol.

4. Spurs = Kyle Walker Jake Livermore

5. Liverpool = Martin Kelly Jay Spearing

I'm just devastated that a Barca youth player who played 1 senior game for Barca off the bench has basically just walked into our side. All that money Roman paid for our youth academy is total waste, back in 04-05 Kenyon said we would be operating profits in 2011 we are not even self sufficient at the fall of 2011. We have Josh but the poor lad looks disheartened when he plays for the reserves like ESK has mentioned. Wilshere got a loan at Josh's age and he played consistently, he was loaned out in January i hope the same is done for Josh. We have wasted a shit load of resources on our youth set up and its not producing anything.

Thats came from "Mundo Deportivo", a catalan newspaper. Spanish media is probably the worst in Europe, because they love to create stories when its good to any thing that is from Spain.

Of course they will create the story so it will look like their board is very smart and learned from Fabregas situation. If we don't want to sell him some years from now they will say its because they are not interested.

I prefer to believe in AVB than in a newspaper that is full of Barcelona's supporters, because no club in the world would accept that kind of deal, because if the player become a great one, the first club can take him back for a few price. Bullshit. Barcelona can fuck off.

Plus the Barca fans (and probably Spanish media in general) hate us and definitely don't like that he is doing well at our club.

@eldo i hope so but with all the manager changes i just doubt it. New managers don't give a damn about youth players when they manage Chelsea because they know that they will most probably only have one season. You either win a major trophy at this club or you get one season. Villas Boas might not win anything meaning he could get the sack meaning the same shit all over again.

Let's be realistic, he's nowhere near the starting eleven at the moment.

Very True but why? I can't understand why he isn't getting game time! Look at how Wilshere and Ramsey progressed through playing minutes in the first team. McEachran easily has similar potential to both of those players, if given game time i honestly think he could be a first team starter!

Very True but why? I can't understand why he isn't getting game time! Look at how Wilshere and Ramsey progressed through playing minutes in the first team. McEachran easily has similar potential to both of those players, if given game time i honestly think he could be a first team starter!

I'd love Josh to become a starter but Villas-Boas has been under pressure.

He was trying to play youngsters like Lukaku at the start of the season but then the pressure piled on, once he's settled young players will get a chance.

I believe Roman has chosen his man and Villas Boas will get time regardless if he wins a trophy this season or even next season. We know he can throw youth in, Romeu and Studge are proof.

Remember that run when Sturridge got less than 10 minutes for like 5 games.

Well no matter what.... I´m worry about this Buy clasue of Romeu,

I really do not belive Chelsea would bring Romeu to level up his game and let him go anytime FARCELONA want.... I really belive Chelsea can not be that Stupid... But I love to read some good explain from CFC about this matter....

Well there's nothing we can do now. Whether or not AVB is telling the truth, we'll just have to wait and see. Lets just use him as much as we can and bring as much success as we can with him in the team. If the clause exists and Barca are gonna take him back then what can we do?