Oriol Romeu

termninja

I had a look at the barca forum, they are convinced this is all bullshit otherwise it would not be called a buy back option

http://www.barcaforu...ol-Romeu/page28

Lets see this scenario.

2 years from now Chelsea dont want to sell and Oriol wants to stay but Barca say they want him back for 15m. This is modern day slavery.

Infact Buy Back option is triggered only if Chelsea plan to offload him and Barca want him. Then they can get him for the deal agreed and Chelsea have no right to ask for 30m .

Ivan, JT and David "10 year old playing with a playstation controller" Luiz performed far more admirably in their defensive duties than Cole has. Going forward he has been decent and contributed a few assists but was torn apart again and again against top teams. Even in the Valencia game he was the weakest link.

No I don't agree with that at all.

I have to agree with HD123 here.

While i don't think Cole has been superbad compared to recent season's he aint been great, left back for years was safe as houses with Cole playing infact why did Fergie and Pep/Ryjard always move Ronaldo and Messi to the other side? because of Cole.

But would the Cole of 2 years ago have got slautered by Nani and Glen Johnson? :doh:

Do tell which games this season he impressed you in then.

Despite it being roughly quarter past 12 in the night I will give you a few games off of the top of my head because I am kind.

Most recently, Valencia. Despite your assertion that he was the weak link in that game, I don't agree, he was generally solid defensively and didn't leave gaps at the back by going forward.

Newcastle. Along with Terry, the best defender on the pitch.

Wolves. Had Jarvis in his pocket and caused all sorts of problems going forward.

Blackburn. A constant threat going forward.

Genk. Our best defender.

QPR. Along with Terry, our best defender.

Genk (at the Bridge) another wonderful attacking display.

Everton. Assist for Sturridge and again our best defender on the day.

Valencia (away). Solid performance, best defender on the night along with Luiz.

Swansea. Assist and a tremendous attacking display, best defender on the day.

Bayer Leverkusen. Rock solid defensively, very good performance.

Happy enough with that?

Honestly Im amazed at how under-appreciated Cole is on here by some people, Bertrand's first team experience is very limited and maybe in the future he might turn out to be a very good left back but right now we have a bonafide world class left back in Ashley Cole and he deserves a lot of respect.

What does criticism have to do with respect? I only agree with you on Genk, Everton, Swansea, QPR and Bayer matches. However, a world class player does not go missing at every chance against class opposition. Remember when last season he was demolished by Valencia at OT? Well, these games are happening more frequently and it's a big worry.

What does criticism have to do with respect? I only agree with you on Genk, Everton, Swansea, QPR and Bayer matches. However, a world class player does not go missing at every chance against class opposition. Remember when last season he was demolished by Valencia at OT? Well, these games are happening more frequently and it's a big worry.

Its really very easy to pick and choose games with any player. EG. last night Cristiano Ronaldo, a player generally accepted to be one of the best players in the world (in my personal opinion he is the best), had a poor game against Barcelona last night. However what I don't mention are his numerous quality performances prior to that.

Its really very easy to pick and choose games with any player. EG. last night Cristiano Ronaldo, a player generally accepted to be one of the best players in the world (in my personal opinion he is the best), had a poor game against Barcelona last night. However what I don't mention are his numerous quality performances prior to that.

:doh:

It's not one game, he has been poor for 1/3rd of this seasons fixtures.

He's nowhere near the standard we've come to expect over the years, why is it so hard to admit it?

I think you guys are really undervaluing Cole and at the same time over-hyping Bertrand.

Cole was the best LB in the world in his peak. He's not there anymore and gets beaten too easily now. He's still a good LB compared to Prem standards but we need to think about replacing him.

TBH I don't think Bertrand is as good as some people make him out to be. I wasn't that impressed with his performance against Liverpool in the CC. He got forward well a couple of times but defensively was nothing great and their first goal was his fault. But still I think he should be given a chance against the weaker teams so that we can form a better impression

I read this yesterday too and i am for one over the moon about this news. I said when we first brought Romeu here that he was going to be a big player for us after watching his performances in the U21 Cup and so far he is prooving me right! Now we know that Barca can't just wade in and take him after a year we can come to love the guy even more =D.

I hope he stays with us for many years and fulfills his potential. Your a Blue now Son!

Really glad when I heard this. Oriol is going to be a major player in the coming years and a player we need to keep hold of. It's young players like him Mata and studger to name just a few that our future team will be made of. If we can keep them together then the futures bright.

Why would he go back when the reason he left was to play football? He's getting that at Chelsea, and it's hardly like we're a small team...we're one of the biggest sides in the world challenging consistently for trophies, and he's just starting to break into the team on a regular basis.

I feel his style of play also suits the Premier League - he loves to get his foot in and make tackles, and he's a strong and imposing figure.

Romeu is the type of player I have been talking up us signing for some time - in the past we would have let him move to Porto or Benfica for example, play well there for a season or two and buy him for £15-20m in a couple of years time. £5m is looking like an absolute steal and a couple more inexpensive gems like this from AVB over the next couple of transfer windows will do very nicely!