Oriol Romeu

termninja

Can see him wanting to stay here if he becomes a regular first-teamer. I feel like he doesn't have that much attachment to barca, not as much as that cunt fabregas anyway. He should might as well have tattooed "I LOVE BARCELONA" on his forehead it was ridiculous.

Unless barca can guarantee him more football than at us, I think he'll stay. Just a feeling obviously we don't know what's actually going on in his head.

The problem is Barca and Real Madrid are excellent at using the media and their own players to their advantage as an almost 'legal' way of tapping up players. I agree if they want him back the emotional attachments, and pressure Barca would put on him to come back may be too great.

However I think we can still hold on to him even if Barca come knocking. The lad is talented, very talented and has the potential to play as our holding midfielder for the next 8-10 years minimum if he keeps developing as he is. If by the end of this season he can establish himself as first choice at Chelsea in that position (which I think is what AVB wants) then next season push on and make himself an integral part of our team then he may look at the situation and consider himself to have a very promising career here, where he is hopefully part of a new, vibrant, young football team where he is playing week in week out.

I know Barca are such a massive club, but I think a lot of people on these forums are doing us a lot of injustice because we are also a huge, worldwide renowned football club, capable of success. For him if he is playing regularly for Chelsea, the clause will give him a bargaining chip with which to re-negotiate his contract.

I really like the style here. I liked watching it on TV before and I like it even more now, playing in it. It is a different kind of football - more physical, with more contact and quicker

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7361859/

I'm convinced. If we keep him happy here, providing he continues to deliver, I believe we can keep hold of him. He knows this is a long-term project Villas-Boas is building, which includes Romeu as a crucial link.

The best news ever.

Andre Villas-Boas has addressed a couple of incorrect media stories that have been circulating, including the details of an agreement with Barcelona regarding Oriol Romeu.

The 20-year-old summer signing has been the most regular selection for the anchor midfield role in the past month. His raised profile in England has led to a repetition of previous stories suggesting his former club have an option to take the player back should they so wish. In reality, all the Catalan club have is a first-refusal agreement should Chelsea deem Romeu surplus to our requirements.

'The buy-back option states that Barcelona can only buy back if Chelsea are willing to sell,' clarified Villas-Boas, who also discussed Romeu's quick acclimatisation to England.

'There is always time needed for you to adapt into the Premier League but with Oriol Romeu and Juan Mata, and Raul Meireles last year at Liverpool, these players have adapted pretty well to Premier League standard. They have all set standards of quick adaptation to this level.'

http://www.chelseafc...2544256,00.html

you beat me to it!

U take the credit. I am happy enough with the news ;-)

And more news on the transfer front, regarding what we can(not) expect in January?

'He (Gray Cahill) is a fantastic player because he plays for the English national team and he is a central defender of high qualities. He had a fantastic year last season and this year he has improved but he is not a player that we are considering.

'Alvaro [Pereira] I don't think so based on prices and because we are pretty satisfied with what we have got. Ryan Bertrand has shown fantastically good levels of understanding in the team and talent and

Ashley Cole is continuing to perform fantastically well.

'Luka Modric I don't think so because we have

Michael Essien returning and I think we have left that one out for sure.'

hehe it really is wonderful news. Glad someone has finally clarified what clause was inserted.

I think despite what he's said there, the Cahill signing is pretty likely because 1) good price, 2) gets on well with the English lads and 3) decent player for a 3rd choice

Also Modric won't happen not because we're not interested, but because Spurs won't sell. Plus, he must definitely be more content to stay there than how he was feeling in August.