Oriol Romeu

termninja

I had a strange feeling after AVB's pronouncements vis a vis Romeu that Barca would have a response to the contrary. Mainly because they would look like right fools for letting such a talented young player go for so cheap. Even if Guardiola's most recent statement is correct, we still have some avenues for retaining the services of Oriol.

Legal Definition of a Buy Back Clause:

Buyback clause is a provision in a contract that allows the seller of property (in this case Oriol) the right or opportunity to repurchase the property (Oriol) under stated conditions. It gives the original seller the first right to buy before any other attempt to sell is made.

So if after a year or two Chelsea want to sell him, Barca has a first right to buy him, for already agreed price.if CFC don't want to sell him, Barca has NO chance in hell to buy him back.

Buyback clause is a provision in a contract that allows the seller of property (in this case Oriol) the right or opportunity to repurchase the property (Oriol) under stated conditions. It gives the original seller the first right to buy before any other attempt to sell is made.

So if after a year or two Chelsea want to sell him, Barca has a first right to buy him, for already agreed price.if CFC don't want to sell him, Barca has NO chance in hell to buy him back.

Thanks for clearing that one up warnie i just hope this 100% correct! Romeu ftw

Thanks for clearing that one up warnie i just hope this 100% correct! Romeu ftw

I did check the definitions of Buy Back Clause from different legal source and in all the it mentions the same thing. ie. The Original seller gets the first right to buy for the pre determined amount IF the seller decides to sell it.

That does make a lot of sense, because it can't possibly be legal to force someone to sell a property he owns if he does not want to.

Thanks Warnie!

Well, If U use your common sense... it´s ilogical to think that Chelsea would buy Romeu for 3.45 Million in a 4 years deal, and Barza can come any day of transfer windows and take him back.... That does not have any sense at all.... because if that is the case... them use the Loan aggrement.

I really do not thing that Chelsea was that Stupid to sing a Deal where barcelona can come and take Romeu any transfer windows day.... That would be .... well Incredible STUPID!!!

The good thing about this is that we are worry because Romeu, Like Mata are both great player with a lot a lot of talent, we are really happy to have them... It give me a better opinion about our scouts.... because, Mata, David, Ramirez, Romeu, Daniel.... and Torres in time are all great players

Unfortunently in any walk of life heart rules heads.

If he establishes himself here and makes himself a regular all logic will say he should decline Barca but will his heart let him that's the problem?

Its the same in every walk of life, like when their's a lad/girl who worshipes you and will do anything for you but your heart leads you to a troublemaking player/bitch. Strange example i used their but if Barca come back in for him i am worried that his emotinal attachment there would be too much for him to turn down.

Unfortunently in any walk of life heart rules heads.

If he establishes himself here and makes himself a regular all logic will say he should decline Barca but will his heart let him that's the problem?

Its the same in every walk of life, like when their's a lad/girl who worshipes you and will do anything for you but your heart leads you to a troublemaking player/bitch. Strange example i used their but if Barca come back in for him i am worried that his emotinal attachment there would be too much for him to turn down.

LOL im glad my Troublemaking player/bitch doesn't pass round the back getting messi on me and f**king me like a complete sl*g.

Busquets plays at CB a lot, especially before Masche moved to Barca, and he does a decent job most of the time. Can't imagine him as a CB at any other team though.

Oh I don't remember him playing at CB before Mascherano came. I guess that's because I weren't watching them that much. Though, this year I find him good/decent every time he plays at this spot. And I'm agree, he would be poor at this position in a team who doesn't have as many possession as Barça.

Like Javi Martínez?

Yup.

Oh I don't remember him playing at CB before Mascherano came. I guess that's because I weren't watching them that much. Though, this year I find him good/decent every time he plays at this spot. And I'm agree, he would be poor at this position in a team who doesn't have as many possession as Barça.

Yeah he used to fill in for Puyol who's had injury troubles for a long time now (the same goes for when Piqué had an injury of course)..

I was thinking before the City game that it wouldn't be a bad idea to have him as the CB, though it is blatantly clear now that he should not be playing that role for us, since we really need him up the ground. He is our spark on offense, and our best chances usually come from one of his quick passes forward. I think he may be one of the sole players to bring that attitude back in the side, along with Meireles to a lesser extent. They look to move the ball forward instead of side to side allowing the defense to adjust.

• 2 weeks later...
Barcelona want to re-sign Chelsea's Oriol Romeu next summer - report

The Catalans expect Seydou Keita to leave at the end of the season and, in order to fill the void, could look to bring back a player deemed surplus to requirements in August.

The Spain Under-21 international moved to Stamford Bridge in a deal worth €5 million but it was reported at the time that the Catalans retained the right to buy back the player for €10m at the end of the season, or for €15m in the summer of 2013.

Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas insisted earlier this week that no such agreement exists but it is reported otherwise, with Marca now claiming that Barca will enact their right to re-sign the player in June in order to fill the void left by the likely departure of Seydou Keita, who is being strongly linked with a move to Serie A.

Romeu made just one senior appearance during his time at Camp Nou but, after taking time to adjust to the Premier League, he has established himself as a key performer at the heart of Chelsea midfield of late.

Keita, meanwhile, has reportedly become increasingly frustrated by his failure to nail down a regular starting berth in the Barca side.

Barca can fuck off. I believe it will be the same story as it was with Fabregas... :doh: